General NRL Footy Programs Discussion Thread

jonesy101

jonesy101

NRL360 starts tonight. Get out buildup started for Round 1.

Tonight's the night where they give Rothfield grief on his drunken predictions which is usually Warriors for the wooden spoon.
Thanks for the heads up. Didn't even think of it starting tonight.

I see Braith Anasta is host now. Hope Paul Crawley is there this year. He always seems to talk the most sense out of all the journalists that come on the show. Paul Kent will no doubt throw a few tantys.

Reactions: snake77
snake77

snake77

It was called Bsport to start with. Had Nathan rarere, Ian smith and Dean lonergan as the hosts. Then Monty came on after lonergan left. The player agent you talked about was jim banighan.
I used to enjoy that show.

Jim Banighan was pretty good to listen to. Used to talk up his good young player at the Storm who should be a superstar. Nelson Asofa Solomona.

Voss used to be a regular as well.

Reactions: RizNz
snake77

snake77

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't even think of it starting tonight.

I see Braith Anasta is host now. Hope Paul Crawley is there this year. He always seems to talk the most sense out of all the journalists that come on the show. Paul Kent will no doubt throw a few tantys.
I like Crawley as well he seems to have a bit common sense than some of the others.

I used to read the Telegraph a lot and read a lot of Rothfields articles. Rothfield reminds me of some of the conspiracy nuts who got traction around covid. Always negative and ranting about things. Problem is he doesn't understand the subject matter so his rants are often pointless.

It will be interesting to see how Anasta goes as the lead guy. It should really be the other way with the journalist running the show and asking questions to the former player. Ikin did it so well you'd forget he was the ex player (well besides Kent's few games). It makes sense the way they have it as the journalists are more across the rumours but the on field stuff should be the other way around.

Ikin was the perfect straight man. surprised they didn't hit him with a pie to the face on the last show.

mrblonde

mrblonde

(well besides Kent's few games).
You could be on the Government team raving and exaggerating about how many COVID boosters they've done and RATs they've got!

Mr P Kent did not play a few NRL/ARL games. He played a grand total of 1.

Oh well, time to start the "For Moine" NRL 360 Drinking Game. There's also the Origin-Period NRL 360 Drinking Game: Scull everytime PK get's asked the same questions about Origin he got asked the year before and the year before...etc. But I've never heard him asked (and you guys might have excellent reasons why it's a dumb idea, but anyway): I agree Origin should on Wednesdays because it's clear airtime for Rugby League and I also get why the NRL shouldn't be suspended at all during Origin. But why can't Origin be consecutive Wednesdays? Generally the same players end up being picked in the extended squads for each game, so they're still going to miss 3 NRL games. So I'm thinking it's better to lose, say, Reese Walsh for 3 consecutive NRL games then for 1 NRL game every 3 weeks?

Defence

Defence

You could be on the Government team raving and exaggerating about how many COVID boosters they've done and RATs they've got!

Mr P Kent did not play a few NRL/ARL games. He played a grand total of 1.

Oh well, time to start the "For Moine" NRL 360 Drinking Game. There's also the Origin-Period NRL 360 Drinking Game: Scull everytime PK get's asked the same questions about Origin he got asked the year before and the year before...etc. But I've never heard him asked (and you guys might have excellent reasons why it's a dumb idea, but anyway): I agree Origin should on Wednesdays because it's clear airtime for Rugby League and I also get why the NRL shouldn't be suspended at all during Origin. But why can't Origin be consecutive Wednesdays? Generally the same players end up being picked in the extended squads for each game, so they're still going to miss 3 NRL games. So I'm thinking it's better to lose, say, Reese Walsh for 3 consecutive NRL games then for 1 NRL game every 3 weeks?
That’s a good point- give everybody a bye during that time and they’d only be missing 2.

RizNz

RizNz

I used to enjoy that show.

Jim Banighan was pretty good to listen to. Used to talk up his good young player at the Storm who should be a superstar. Nelson Asofa Solomona.

Voss used to be a regular as well.
It was a great show, there was a heavy TAB influence and I'm pretty sure it turned into trackside in the PM. The morning show was very good but the content definitely went downhill after 10am when James McOnie came online and had to interview his Dad because no one else would talk to him 🤣.

Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

Looks like Fox League are doing less shows this season.. no Big League Wrap, Matty John's Podcast, the one with the 4 woman panel
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/foxleague
Sky have all the shows listed, except the one off season preview show that NRL360 was advertising last night

Also no Warriors TV this year?
There is a new Sky show called Once A Warrior which has Monty Betham interviewing old Warriors

snake77

snake77

Geoff Toovey still butt hurt he didn’t get a look in for the warriors head coach despite begging for it each week.

Now claims we will get the spoon this season.

angry little dwarf
He had some weird comments.

We lost a lot of forwards. We have the same starting front rowers, one of which joined part way through last season. We add Pene who gives a point of difference. Pene pretty much replaces Jamayne Tounua-Brown which after last seasons form isn't a huge loss.

I'd bet if we asked Toovey which forwards we lost and who we signed there would probably be a blank stare.

His halves comments I can see we he is coming from. Johnson and Nikorima played well enough together in internationals. Can they do it for a full season. Nikorima hasn't been consistent week after week in the halves so I wouldn't be surprised if we see different players there depending on form and results. His point was on the combination. The other commentators have been more interested in which of the other 3 will partner Johnson.

Said we lacked strike. Sounds like the big forwards talk we had all those years when we didn't have big forwards. Lacking strike sounds like he is talking about the team for 2019, 2020 maybe even the start of 2021. We have a better balanced squad now. Johnson and Walsh should provide opportunities we also have some speed now.

Mind you commentators are picking other teams for the spoon and a fan is posting on a forum their hopeful/positive talk for their side like I am.

Makasene

Makasene

We lost a lot of forwards. We have the same starting front rowers, one of which joined part way through last season. We add Pene who gives a point of difference. Pene pretty much replaces Jamayne Tounua-Brown which after last seasons form isn't a huge loss.

I'd bet if we asked Toovey which forwards we lost and who we signed there would probably be a blank stare.

His halves comments I can see we he is coming from. Johnson and Nikorima played well enough together in internationals. Can they do it for a full season. Nikorima hasn't been consistent week after week in the halves so I wouldn't be surprised if we see different players there depending on form and results. His point was on the combination. The other commentators have been more interested in which of the other 3 will partner Johnson.

Said we lacked strike. Sounds like the big forwards talk we had all those years when we didn't have big forwards. Lacking strike sounds like he is talking about the team for 2019, 2020 maybe even the start of 2021. We have a better balanced squad now. Johnson and Walsh should provide opportunities we also have some speed now.

Mind you commentators are picking other teams for the spoon and a fan is posting on a forum their hopeful/positive talk for their side like I am.

Yup bizarre comment from Toovs and just shows why he has never had another NRL gig.... real lack of insight

Reactions: Akkerz
Makasene

Makasene

Thought his comments lacked insight.

Other than Tohu Harris our forward pack is pretty stacked and we have threats with Curran, Addin Fonua-Blake, Lodge & dare I say Jazz.

Boy wonder in the 7 will take the pressure off boy wonder in the 1 which I'm really looking forward to.

The 6 is a question mark. If it's Chanel Harris-Tavita or Kodi flip a coin and pray.

That's the sort of insight that delivers a prediction of top 10 pushing for the 8 in my opinion

Reactions: Worried2Death
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Never liked Cooper Cronk… he has a real grudge against Shaun Johnson and is backing us for the spoon. Same with the fox sap Crawley.

Also read a headline from the NRL that a ’former star’ picks the Warriors for the spoon. The former star was Joel Caine. They really do throw the word ’star’ around far too much!!

9B5F2A39 41FC 41B7 B91A CA770D7C0701

Tianasnow14

Nobody on fox rates us. Not one fox commentator reckons we make the top. Benji thinks we'll come close. I think in a couple weeks Kenty might join the bandwagon. 💪💪💪💪

Reactions: Worried2Death
snake77

snake77

I could understand them picking us for the spoon or to struggle if they said about being away from home. But the club has really shown something being based in Australia.

2020 when the competition restarted and they were stuck over there I was thinking this could be tough. Especially as Kearney had them playing a style that could barely score any points. They ended up turning things around. Last year was a case of too many close losses. Hopefully they can turn that around this year.

Instead we get reasons like they lost too many forwards.:rolleyes:

sballer7

sballer7

Buzz having an absolute aneurysm over Lodge. Most players wouldve done the absolute same thing. What these inbreds are missing in all of it, is that it should have been a penalty on the field anyway. Chiddy the bunker official has been stood down owing to allowing the Warriors tonwin a game. Disgrace.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
360 is trash ..
Buzz banging on about Matt lodges penalty again...
So much favouritism towards sticky
Change the name from Matt Lodge to Cam Smith in previous years and they would be singing his praises about how good he is and game aware to know what to do in that situation.

The worst thing Lodge did was admit he took a dive. Should have said he caught me high and I was a bit shocked. - I'm glad the NRL are tough on head contact