General NRL Footy Programs Discussion Thread

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
Monday's is great entertainment with Rothfield he shows how out of touch he is and doesn't have the full details. Sometimes when Kent explains things or discusses rumours the Editor at Large sometimes looks at him like its the first time he's heard it.

I wish somebody would give Dobby (Rothfield) a sock so we can finally be free of him and they can bring in somebody else to do show instead. Like alot of people on here have already pointed out he's too one sided on most issues for him to be considered fair and balanced with his overall bias towards Australian league players being worse thing about guy ...

Reactions: bruce

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
The cheating discussion were quite funny though. Kent "Why in rugby league is it ok to cheat, cheating's ok now cause it's just a little bit".

I think they all grew up on 1980's pro wrestling. Jesse Ventura's great quotes.

"Cheating is ok as long as you try and win fairly first"
"Win if you can lose if you must but always cheat"

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
You sometimes wonder if the Kent-Rothfield relationship is like how the 12th Man portrayed the Greig-Lawry relationship:

"Now look, we all know the Paul and Phil niggling aggro thing's working it's arse off, the viewers love it!"

Rothfield's argument seemed to start from the basis that if you have the intention, the gun but forget the the bullets, you can't be accused of planning to kill someone...

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
You sometimes wonder if the Kent-Rothfield relationship is like how the 12th Man portrayed the Greig-Lawry relationship:
Maybe their viewing audience is a bit lowest common denominator. Paul Crawley acts with far more intelligence than Rothfield.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
For those interested, the following NRL shows are back on Sky for 2020:

NRL 360 is back on tonight, Tuesday & Wednesday at 8.30pm, HOSTS: Ben Ikin and Paul Kent will be joined by Matty Johns to launch the 2020 season
Controversy corner, tonight @ 9.30pm, HOSTS: Andrew Voss, Steve “Blocker” Roach & Geoff Toovey
The Fan, Tuesday @ 9.30pm, HOST: Andrew Voss & Lara Pitt
Matty Johns Podcast, Wednesday @ 9.30pm, HOSTS: Matty Johns, Steve “Blocker” Roach and Paul Kent
Kiwi League Show, Thursday @ 8.30pm
Matty Johns Show, Thursday @ 12am, HOSTS: Matty Johns + Gorden Tallis, Bryan Fletcher & Nathan Hindmarsh
Matty Johns Show, Sunday @ 10pm HOST: Matty Johns, Bryan Fletcher, Sam Burgess & Emma Freedman
Big League Wrap, Sunday @ 11pm, HOSTS: Yvonne Sampson, Mick Ennis & James Hooper

No Brett Finch with Sam Burgess taking over his role on the Matty Johns Show.

Most are a good watch until the Warriors start to lose and then I turn then off ;)

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Guts for Finchy getting cut - thrown under the bus for bring up his mental illness during Matty John's podcast?
Matty Johns...an example of a clean cut good living young guy :rolleyes:

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Finchy wasn't punted because of his mental issues. I watched the last podcast he was on and he was clearly under the influence of some substance, alcoholic or otherwise. Several times he had proclaimed he was getting his shit together through rehab or support from his peers. Not only did let himself down but his employer Fox. If you recall he was punted from 2GB for similar behaviour.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Are Prime not showing any NRL this season?
Doesn’t look like it. Sky’s profits are falling faster than a Bulldogs player’s shorts after a visit to a high school at the moment so I’m guessing their new deal for broadcasting rights for showing the NRL was only enough to allow them to play it on their subscription platform and not on free to air.

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Maybe off topic...but Sky and Radio Sport have lost cricket, and apparently Ian Smith will be without a job. He isn't perfect but IMO he is still one of the best in the game. Any word on the NRL?

Reactions: wizards rage

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Did anyone catch the Matty Johns Podcast?

I ended up watching NRL 360 on delay so only caught part of it. Caught the part with him talking about halves like Cleary and Crofts roll at the Broncos. The Croft talk was him repeating what he said on NRL 360. I've been watching more podcasts the last few years. Traditional shows usually follow a specific structure, boxing or MMA shows either work through the fight card in order where podcasts go back and forth. This could be a decent watch if it is focused on the on field play.

Onewarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 10, 2013
Tauranga
Doesn’t look like it. Sky’s profits are falling faster than a Bulldogs player’s shorts after a visit to a high school at the moment so I’m guessing their new deal for broadcasting rights for showing the NRL was only enough to allow them to play it on their subscription platform and not on free to air.
I’m not impressed, I rang them yesterday to find out, person I spoke to emailed the Prime programming dept., she rang back a couple of hours later, to say they didn’t know, things could change and to watch the listings, what’s wrong with a simple yes/ no answer.

Reactions: Miket12 and bruce

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings