General NRL Drugs Thread

Kalcod

With Pentrith now being looked at, should the Warriors be worried about Elliot in any way?

koolkat

koolkat

I think every code every team should be concerned,we all have to be naive if we think New Zealand is immune from this scandal

Reactions: 1 users
Defence

Defence

Apparently they have found some vials of an unknown substance hidden in the air con of the titans changing rooms- could be interesting

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

I cant believe that Robson has another gig at a sporting franchise after almost running the Warriors into the ground!

I get what your saying about players still being eligible for Rugby but the truth is the stigma surroundinga drug cheat will give him an untouchable tag for at least 2 years. Thats a longtime to suffer back in the coalmines for any player...

From memory Robson had a gig with English Super League as well after shafting the Wartriors. The problem is that these administrators do not want to acknowledge problems, so the problems grow, it comes out and they walk away, always seeming to come up roses. I agree with your comments about drug cheats, but, they shouldn't have to be responsible for administrators failings as well.

As an anecdote about the fallout from this. A guy I played golf with was seen kicking his ball out of the rough. Every good round he had after that the 'leather wedge' jokes would come out. Like Lance Armstrong it will cast a shadow over great performances by teams and individuals, and that goes straight to the heart of us sports fans.

Administrators have to take responsibility for this. Dank and crew have to take their share of the blame. However, they did what they were allowed to do by the Administrators. No doubt there will be enough distance created by them so they will not be culpable.The worrying thing for me, and I understand that there is a need for confidentiality at this time, is these administrators using general privacy issues as an excuse not to disclose information to fans and members. I guarantee it will happen.

Another group that has to face up are the Managers and Agents. These people are handling the lives of often naive, vulnerable sportsmen, doing what they can to make the big time. To me they have a duty of care along with the employers to protect and instruct their players.

Reactions: 1 user
Hitman82

Hitman82

Hidden vials of urine, animal blood injections, mysterious substances, an evil doctor... I'm actually starting to feel like I am living in a sci-fi movie. Next there will be links between the Storm and the dreaded Annunaki appearing in the newspaper.

I must say though. As a competitive powerlifter with a background in sports science, I have noticed some fairly "impressive" physical transformations of players at certain NRL clubs in the last couple of years. Not necessarily suspicious, but this story doesn't surprise me in the least.

Just as with the New Zealand BZP banning, which resulted in geranium oil extract quickly appearing in "sports supplements"... only to be banned and replaced recently with another substance... science is generally a couple of steps ahead of the law.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
science is generally a couple of steps ahead of the law.

Impossible for politicians or sporting organisations to be ahead of the scientific community making these things. They will always be reactive. Thing that cracks me up is some of these PED's havent even been cleared for human use???

koolkat

koolkat

When Jacob lillyman starts looking like this it's time to worry ummm panic

OMG

OMG

Think Dave Smiths trying to send a strong message by sending in the big boys. I thought Deloitte were accountancy auditors? Must be wrong. Gonna chuck a lazy $10 on Manly or the Sharks to get the Wooden Spoon this year...

Doggies for another tenner, they had the biggest improvement out of everybody...If any official is going to be caught up in this it will be Des.

Xfactor

I was gobsmacked when they said $40 million had been bet on one A league soccer game. They are investigating one match fixing allegation but won't say which code. [/quote
I hate soccer, but tell me how the fuck does Sydney FC (consistently useless) beat the Wellington Pheonix (consistently good) 7 goals to 1 ????

It's results like this that raise eyebrows!

OMG

OMG

Good read that, Barba had massive strength development this year, he went from being ridiculously weak in the tackle to making big tackles on some of the best runners in the he game in the space of a season, Was Reynolds that good 12mths ago, It was a massive turn around for that team, I remember thinking when we played during the year, is this team really that good.

Bennet the buck stops with the Coach..https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...nvolved-in-drugs/story-e6frexnr-1226572848197

lolcaeks

lolcaeks

With Pentrith now being looked at, should the Warriors be worried about Elliot in any way?

With the way the Warriors and Penrith played you would have to say they had no involvement with performancing enhancing drugs

but they would definitely be No1 contenders for the alleged match fixing incidents LOL

Asphotos gakfbcdnnet hphotos ak snc6 5525 10151699592234115 374538439 n

Swanley

Swanley

I'm just glad it is not just NRL, but includes the AFL as well.....This is the only positive for me to come out of these stories.

Sup42

Sup42

I thought Deloitte were accountancy auditors? Must be wrong. Gonna chuck a lazy $10 on Manly or the Sharks to get the Wooden Spoon this year...
Accountants are no strangers to Fraud aye. They will have teams of investigators, Some will be ex Tax Investigators.....they're the profession who got Al Capone where all other Law enforcement failed lol.

They will have a specific brief by Drug Experts on Data gathering , Medical records collection / comparative analysis , and as we know from Cycling.....are there any Swiss bank accounts being accessed for un declared spending on shadey product by individuals.

I'm don't really know wot I'm talking about , the the point you raised got me thinking....why hire them ? Corruption hounds i guess. As for putting a tenner on Manly and the spoon , it would have been a good bet under Gallop if they cheated.

I love this quote from your above link

A former Manly player who was at the club during Dank's time there said there was nothing suspicious about the supplements the team took during that period.
"There was nothing untoward that I remember and I was never asked to take anything that I didn't know about, and I wasn't injected with anything suspicious," the player told AAP.

As people above has said, how would these guys know what they were taking. .

Yeah its is entertaining reading.....

They should check the calves blood vial they gave Matai...for contaminants of metal fillings from a clothes line.

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Accountants are no strangers to Fraud aye. They will have teams of investigators, Some will be ex Tax Investigators.....they're the profession who got Al Capone where all other Law enforcement failed lol.

They will have a specific brief by Drug Experts on Data gathering , Medical records collection / comparative analysis , and as we know from Cycling.....are there any Swiss bank accounts being accessed for un declared spending on shadey product by individuals.

I'm don't really know wot I'm talking about , the the point you raised got me thinking....why hire them ? Corruption hounds i guess. As for putting a tenner on Manly and the spoon , it would have been a good bet under Gallop if they cheated.

Yeah its is entertaining reading.....

They should check the calves blood vial they gave Matai...for contaminants of metal fillings from a clothes line.

They will be employed for their expertise and ability to investigate these types of matters. There is no specific criminal accusations, so the police can't/wont investigate. They, as forensic accountants, have expertise in evidence collection and the ensuing chain of evidence. As said they will take advice from relevant agencies as well. Their expertise is the collection of paper and digital evidence. I assume the likelihood of players walking about shooting up in plain view is fairly remote. Don't be surprised if all the computers are taken away for forensic investigation, phone records, everything.

These guys are used to searching for the hidden. The place will be closed right down until they finish their search. As an ex cop I had seen a couple of similar, if much lesser, types of investigations. These guys are good.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
They will be employed for their expertise and ability to investigate these types of matters. There is no specific criminal accusations, so the police can't/wont investigate. They, as forensic accountants, have expertise in evidence collection and the ensuing chain of evidence. As said they will take advice from relevant agencies as well. Their expertise is the collection of paper and digital evidence. I assume the likelihood of players walking about shooting up in plain view is fairly remote. Don't be surprised if all the computers are taken away for forensic investigation, phone records, everything.

These guys are used to searching for the hidden. The place will be closed right down until they finish their search. As an ex cop I had seen a couple of similar, if much lesser, types of investigations. These guys are good.
Thats why I believe David Smith is trying to put across how serious he is at getting to the bottom of this. Deloitte are the big boys and IMO the very best in the game...

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Thats why I believe David Smith is trying to put across how serious he is at getting to the bottom of this. Deloitte are the big boys and IMO the very best in the game...

I forgot to mention it but IMO a bigger player than the Police in this will be Aus and NZ Customs who as border control agencies have powers the Police can but dream of.

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Look this is rubbish. Let them do what they want. Cycling is nothing but hairless idiots in lycra pedalling bicycles. Hardly a noble pursuit, which is really in the same category of skateboarding and rollerblading.

Love the warriors, but if you don't know organized sports are just heroin for the masses, then you have a lot to learn. The Romans knew that & our spectacles are still based on the gladiator contests.

It's meaningless in the scheme of things so just sit back and enjoy the show.

slaughterhouse.sa

Good read that, Barba had massive strength development this year, he went from being ridiculously weak in the tackle to making big tackles on some of the best runners in the he game in the space of a season, Was Reynolds that good 12mths ago, It was a massive turn around for that team, I remember thinking when we played during the year, is this team really that good.

Bennet the buck stops with the Coach..https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...nvolved-in-drugs/story-e6frexnr-1226572848197

Its not a good read...its a crap read imo
The guy is a bit of a idiot imo

Look at this paragraph lol.
Please - look at the warriors - some of them have just trained hard this year as opposed to last year.
Looking at their body shapes + oxygen chamber??

"Are you aware of anyone in other sports who were taking PEDs?
It’s not hard to see who is, especially if they take it out of nowhere – all of a sudden you can see the body change pretty easily, and not only that, you can feel it if you play against them too.
I mean, running into somebody, or tackling somebody who hasn’t had it one year then had it the next, it’s a significant change in intensity and definitely in energy levels as well so it’s one of those things… yeah, I can tell, I can pretty much tell who’s had it and who hasn’t."

So who WADA or ASAD or WTF they are called.
This player can pretty much tel who has and who hasnt..

What a lot of bologne why would they give this bloke time of the day
I bet he played like 5 games