General NRL Draw 2015

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Why do we keep rewarding these assholes who don't even show up to support the 4 Nations Final ?

Give a proper NRL game to Dunedin

Using that logic maybe Whangarei should get an NRL game as they had more show up to a 4 nations game than Dunedin did...

Not against Dunedin getting a game btw and maybe its time chch got another game but Wellys still getting decent crowds to the Warriors games down there.

Why do we keep rewarding these assholes who don't even show up to support the 4 Nations Final ?

Give a proper NRL game to Dunedin

Isnt the Dunedin Stadium Trust losing money? I.e they wouldnt have the funds to host it

Likewise with Christchurch....seriously if people of CHCH want leage game (they deserve it) they need the local council to get a game there.
But rightly they're focus would be on rebuilding

Reactions: mt.wellington

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Think you will find that even with a dam near 10pm kickoff there were a shit load more people in Wellington than there were at the fancy covered stadium down in Dunedin.

15k in Dunedin, 25k in wellington.

Which is more than any warriors game in Auckland since rd 2 2013.

They should think about making the one game a year thing in wellington permement, it gets them crowd numbers they don't see otherwise.

Here's a thought, after the Warriors have a bye, the NRL allows the Warriors to take a home game against the Bunnies to South America but ensure the Bunnies only have a four day turn around after a game away against the Cowboys in PNG.

Perhaps then it may be understood how stupid it is having the Warriors play over in Perth at what's is effectively 2.00AM NZT and how extended travel time/limited prep time can effect the players.

You don't see the super 14 teams crying over travel. Yes it is a distance but, I put it down to bad management. They should stay in Australia after the game the week before and come across here with more time to climatis. Perth based sporting teams in other codes do this on a regular basis, and I know 4 hours is shorter then 7 but they are professionals and this is how they earn there keep?

Reactions: OMG
The main problem with your suggestion is that the Warriors are playing in NZ the weekend before so they can't stay in Australia as you suggest (which would be ideal). Also, during the regular Super 14 season, teams traveling to another country would play a group of games on successive weekends away (i.e. the Bulls would have their away games against their Australian opponents before carrying on to NZ and having their games against the NZ teams). SANZA, unlike the NRL, don't try to play one game at home then the next game away then back home when long distance travel is involved.

Personally, I wouldn't find the air travel the problem, having flown from Auckland to Perth a couple of times, but the change in my body clock when I'd be expected to be at my peak when I'd normally be asleep at 2.00AM (or whatever the time is in NZ when the game is finishing) would be a major difficulty for me to overcome.

Reactions: mt.wellington
The main problem with your suggestion is that the Warriors are playing in NZ the weekend before so they can't stay in Australia as you suggest (which would be ideal). Also, during the regular Super 14 season, teams traveling to another country would play a group of games on successive weekends away (i.e. the Bulls would have their away games against their Australian opponents before carrying on to NZ and having their games against the NZ teams). SANZA, unlike the NRL, don't try to play one game at home then the next game away then back home when long distance travel is involved.

Personally, I wouldn't find the air travel the problem, having flown from Auckland to Perth a couple of times, but the change in my body clock when I'd be expected to be at my peak when I'd normally be asleep at 2.00AM (or whatever the time is in NZ when the game is finishing) would be a major difficulty for me to overcome.

Didn't Bluey keep us over in Aussie for a week before travelling to Perth to face the Rabbitohs the year he was in charge and we got pummelled, how hard can it be for the professional athletes to stay up later and get up later the days leading up to the Perth trip or make arrangements to go straight there. Also Super Rugby teams would be in the same boat for the first of each new road game of the series. Not as much back and forward though so hard to compare. I think the away crowds hostility have more of a mental affect, our hoodoo games are places we don't get much support, we get support in Perth maybe it seems like a holiday trip Cappy will sort it out this year :D

Reactions: Miket12
Just saw this on twitter: 2015 Is Chinese Year Of Sheep: Warriors Will Go Through Undefeated. Happy New Year's Everybody ! :)
I remember that old show "The dogs show" where they used to get the dogs to chase the sheep up the hill through the gates. If we play like sheep hopefully we play more like the groups that have one strong leader and the rest follow and not the group that go in all directions.

A new year now only and we are only a month away and we have a full two days of footy with the nines right on our door step. Then a month of prep and we are all on, hopefully we can sneak an away win against either the Knights or the Raiders in the first two rounds.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Just saw this on twitter: 2015 Is Chinese Year Of Sheep: Warriors Will Go Through Undefeated. Happy New Year's Everybody ! :)
10384583_1062167687132678_5092486333232900799_n.png

Reactions: Johnnyray

Awesome and according to wikipedia, our lucky numbers are 3, 4, 9, ( i.e Konrad Hurrell, Ngani Laumape and Nathan Friend) our lucky colours are purple (Storm are fucked) green (Raiders are fucked) and red (The Sea Eagles are fucked, Knights are fucked, Dragons are fucked, Roosters are sort of fucked but Rabbitohs are really fucked as their two colours are Green AND Red) and two colours we should avoid are gold and coffee which for me both sucks and blows as I was really looking forward seeing us beat Broncos at our first home game of season this year ...

• Haha
Reactions: fanrrior
Awesome and according to wikipedia, our lucky numbers are 3, 4, 9, ( i.e Konrad Hurrell, Ngani Laumape and Nathan Friend) our lucky colours are purple (Storm are fucked) green (Raiders are fucked) and red (The Sea Eagles are fucked, Knights are fucked, Dragons are fucked, Roosters are sort of fucked but Rabbitohs are really fucked as their two colours are Green AND Red) and two colours we should avoid are gold and coffee which for me both sucks and blows as I was really looking forward seeing us beat Broncos at our first home game of season this year ...

And we are really fucked if we rely on colours. Actually they should do what the 1992 cricketers at the world cup did. When they were building up for the games they didn't refer to England, Australia etc. They talked about the white team, the gold team etc. It tries to take any inferiority complex out of it.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Have you started a new account Edd, macker, jonno jonno???

• Haha
Reactions: jonno and OMG

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Final part of the draw has been released, not that it really affects the Saturday Evening Vodafone Warriors, but the new dates/times (NZ time) are:

Rd 21, Sharks, Sat 01 Aug 2015, 5:00pm, Mt Smart Stadium
Rd 22, Dragons, Sat 08 Aug 2015, 5:00pm, Westpac Stadium
Rd 23, Panthers, Sat 15 Aug 2015, 7:30pm, Pepper Stadium
Rd 24, Cowboys, Sat 22 Aug 2015, 7:30pm, Mt Smart Stadium
Rd 25, Tigers, Sun 30 Aug 2015, 4:00pm, Campbelltown Stadium
Rd 26, Bulldogs, Sun 06 Sep 2015, 8:30pm, ANZ Stadium

Looks like the tigers game is our only channel 9 timeslot, I like the change of commentators, unless we happen to get one of the gimps who isn’t Ray Warren calling it.

For the past their bedtime conspiriatists, watch out for that Sunday 8.30 game in rd 26, the boys might struggle with the lateness of the hour…

https://www.nrl.com/draw-revealed-for-nrl-run-to-finals/tabid/10874/newsid/87538/default.aspx

Reactions: BA-AD Luck

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Pretty happy with the Saturday evening games. Like getting on it and ending up in town after. Would like to get a Round 26 game at home. If our season rides on it like last season a home game may make the difference...