General NRL Betting Scandal e-Mail

playdaball_old

I received the viral email today which states that a number of high profile NRL players will be banned for life after this weekend's grand final.

Obviously I can't name the players in a public forum but very interesting to see if it happens.

Did anybody else get this email roday?

Kabba_old

aimg21.imageshack.us_img21_5459_gorillastare.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

motu1_old

the nrl aren't invistigating it the the police are and if they have enough evidance to charge someone they will they won't wait so i think your email is bullshit

motu1_old

yeah but what i'm saying is they would have been charged the police don't care about ruining the grand final
if they have enough evidance they will charge
the nrl probably wouldn't even know so how would they ban people

Kabba_old

yeah but what i'm saying is they would have been charged the police don't care about ruining the grand final
if they have enough evidance they will charge
the nrl probably wouldn't even know so how would they ban people

Through their own investigation? The ruling for de-listing a player and having broken the law work differently.

Warrioraholic_old

Other forums on the net are posting some crazy stuff, please keep it private guys as we dont want another warriors.co.nz episode.
Wow shit is gonna hit the fan on mad monday!!!

It might give the four nations a shake up

Northern_Union

Any name dropping or hinting will result in a very long ban.

Apologies Ian, i should have realised myself not to ask let alone encourage.

The site could and will be taken down if it spreads rumours so best we not get involved.

IanS_old

It's ok to ask mate. I know the names myself.

Can't stop individuals passing on information they have so long as it stays off the site.

mrblonde_old

I realize no-one wants to relitigate the past, but I assume the warriors.co.nz episode was people mentioning players names doing something naughty?

My curiosity has been piqued....

I know no-one wants to get into any trouble here by saying too much, so just give me all the juicy details...

Or just nod or shake your head :)

I have to admit I'm a bit doubtful over the "all will be revealed after Grand Final day" side of this email.

If it's true, Rugby Union and Aussie Rules - someone involved with either of those codes - would surely accidentally on purpose leak a few things this week - screwing up a rival's Grand Final week - and we'll end up with a situation ala Anderson and the pink slip ie it was going to happen anyhow but the media attention made it happen sooner than was originally planned?

Heck, it's a boon for Rugby Union, Aussie Rules and Football if true so why wouldn't they leak details that were:
A: Concrete enough so league/union fans could guess and basically ruin hinted players career
B: Vague enough so the average mug on the street would go "Huh?" and thus the guilty leakers could claim denial as no confidential information/information sub judice has been leaked.

In short, Mr Cynical is in the house until further notice...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kabba_old

I realize no-one wants to relitigate the past, but I assume the warriors.co.nz episode was people mentioning players names doing something naughty?

My curiosity has been piqued....

I know no-one wants to get into any trouble here by saying too much, so just give me all the juicy details...

Or just nod or shake your head :)

I have to admit I'm a bit doubtful over the "all will be revealed after Grand Final day" side of this email.

If it's true, Rugby Union and Aussie Rules - someone involved with either of those codes - would surely accidentally on purpose leak a few things this week - screwing up a rival's Grand Final week - and we'll end up with a situation ala Anderson and the pink slip ie it was going to happen anyhow but the media attention made it happen sooner than was originally planned?

Heck, it's a boon for Rugby Union, Aussie Rules and Football if true so why wouldn't they leak details that were:
A: Concrete enough so league/union fans could guess and basically ruin hinted players career
B: Vague enough so the average mug on the street would go "Huh?" and thus the guilty leakers could claim denial as no confidential information/information sub judice has been leaked.

In short, Mr Cynical is in the house until further notice...

Like I said, if anyone wants to know the names I have been told, then they can PM me. Not saying it is %100 fact but some mentioned were given by a source who is bang on every time I've dealt with him, so take from that what you will.