15 A.Twal E.Katoa 12
16 Z.Musgrove J.Curran 13
17 J.Simpkin J.Tevaga 14
18 T.Mikaele B.Afoa 15
19 J.Madden A.Pene 16
20 A.Seyfarth B.Sironen 17
21 S.To'a J.Murchie 18

Pene - 23 mins 9 runs 112 meters

He looked good to me, as did Arthurs who i thought looked dangerous in the limeted opportunities he got.

Showed a nice flick pass that most wingers would have caught, looked good when he got the ball in space and was solid on defense.

I would look for kosi or ratuva for pompey tbh
Bro if Pomps catches that pass to win the game I reckon we'd be rating Arthars the second coming of Jerome Ropati and demanding we poach him from the broncs immediately. He already looks the most likely Hiku replacement, defence looked reasonably solid for a rookie, I'll be watching him closely Friday.

I like him already, he grew up dreaming of playing for us, looks like a Warrior to me when he's pulling off impossible flick passes to a fat idiot who couldn't catch covid at an antivaxx protest.

Bro if Pomps catches that pass to win the game I reckon we'd be rating Arthars the second coming of Jerome Ropati and demanding we poach him from the broncs immediately. He already looks the most likely Hiku replacement, defence looked reasonably solid for a rookie, I'll be watching him closely Friday.

I like him already, he grew up dreaming of playing for us, looks like a Warrior to me when he's pulling off impossible flick passes to a fat idiot who couldn't catch covid at an antivaxx protest.
Yup if he holds form he keeps his place over veilea, looked super reliable and his combo with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak could be a good one.

• Photo by Clarkey’s RL Column on March 22, 2022. May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'FOLLOWER TAKES ROUND TWO @EZZAJAYS THE WARRIORS ARE A STRIKE CENTRE AWAY FROM BEING A LEGITIMATE TOP 8 SIDE. sky SPOR CLARKEY'S TAKE: FOR ME IT'S NOT BASED ON A SIGNING FOR THE CLUB, BUT MORE SO JUST ALLOWING THEIR NATURALLY TALENTED PLAYERS TOPLAY TO PLAY CREATIVE FOOTY. WHEN THE WARRIORS PLAY TO STRUCTURE AND CONSERVATIVE IT DOESN'T ALLOW THEIR PLAYERS TO CAPITALISE AND PLAY THEIR BEST FOOTY. CLARKEY'S COLUMN VERDICT:IDISAGREE'.

Shouldn't Ratuva prove that he has the skill and form on both sides of the ball before the idea of giving him a shot is entertained?

Like everyone, the dream of having a big fast and skillful Fijian on the wing is great, and he has some good pedigree, but he has not earned his spot in any way to date.
I feel that arguably all of our wingers bar Montoya haven’t proven that they deserve the first grade spot. I couldn’t confidently say that he doesn’t deserve it over others that have had the chances and not produced.

It's a tough gig looking good defensively as a Winger when the team continues to be caught out defending between the 20 metre tramlines.
It's a tough gig looking good defensively as a Winger when the team continues to be caught out defending between the 20 metre tramlines.
The defensive structures defs make it hard for them but I feel a lot of the time there’s been a lack of attacking threat from the wing. Maybe I’m just being overly critical to start the season.

I thought Arthurs looked good, and could be our best centre if given a bit of time to develop.
I think the attraction around Ratuva is the X-factor potential. Our centres and wingers lack X -factor.
Look at Saab, he is an average winger, below average hit ups at times, can be shaky under the high ball, but he can turn a game with his speed and his leap down at the oppositions try line. I think we need one of these players, and the only one who fits the bill is Ratuva.

I thought Arthurs looked good, and could be our best centre if given a bit of time to develop.
I think the attraction around Ratuva is the X-factor potential. Our centres and wingers lack X -factor.
Look at Saab, he is an average winger, below average hit ups at times, can be shaky under the high ball, but he can turn a game with his speed and his leap down at the oppositions try line. I think we need one of these players, and the only one who fits the bill is Ratuva.
I want Ratuva to play as well and would have played him in game one had I been the manager. I made a post on this site saying he would get 15 tries in the season if we played him every game. Everyone laughed at my post!!!

That said the timing isn't right for his debut. We need stability rather than changes, I agree with Pompey and Montoya getting picked again. We need to build some combinations on defence,

Ratuva needs to be our next cab off the rank to play rather thank Kosi though. I would advocate giving Ratuva run around game 10 or 12.

Stalefish540

Contributor
Ratuva has barely played a lick of football in two seasons due to injuries. That's two whole seasons of development hes missed, and that can't be understated.

Let him find his feet in reggies, and if hes banging down the door for long enough this season i'm sure he'll get his shot given the lack of quality in our wing stocks.

Would like to see Arthur's get his hands on the ball more this game, didn't really do anything for the first 50-60 minutes last week thats why he had so much energy at the end of the game and looked like a star. Still probably a first pick center in the squad but could be a bit more involved from early on.

Would like to see Arthur's get his hands on the ball more this game, didn't really do anything for the first 50-60 minutes last week thats why he had so much energy at the end of the game and looked like a star. Still probably a first pick center in the squad but could be a bit more involved from early on.
Encouraging to see he’s got that flick pass in him that Hiku set so many up. His winger who ever it may be needs to be aware it’s coming.

Reactions: Motota
Based on injuries and our edge looking shakey in the opening rounds now is the worst time for Ratuva. Bring him in once the team is settled and an opportunity arises.

Side note: even if Kodi plays the greatest 80 minutes of rugby league in the history of the game I still want him to piss off. The up and down performances has well and truly burnt any faith in him

The more I think about it the more I think Otukolu on the bench is needed. Jazz can easily play those 20 minutes that Sirros been given and is so ineffective in. But the big difference is that we won’t dip at hooker when Otukolo comes on, which is what has been happening with Jazz playing there.

With Aitken in the forwards were covered if there’s an injury in the backs, so all bases are covered really.

The more I think about it the more I think Otukolu on the bench is needed. Jazz can easily play those 20 minutes that Sirros been given and is so ineffective in. But the big difference is that we won’t dip at hooker when Otukolo comes on, which is what has been happening with Jazz playing there.

With Aitken in the forwards were covered if there’s an injury in the backs, so all bases are covered really.
I agree, Jazz holds his own as a middle foward and we should not be worried about having him and otukolo on the bench with 2 props. Not sure what to do when Harris returns though

Reactions: Toookey and Cces