• Total voters
Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor

drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Contributor
Has anyone else noticed, with the top 8 teams if the do something good they celebrate and every player makes the effort to congratulate that player.

We seem depressed. Its not encouraging or motivating when your team mates dont seem to care. also reflects the passion, confidence and excitement they play with as opposed to ours
The annoying thing is I saw this culture and support in the pre season game.

They looked like a team playing for the jersey and for each other and it was awesome.

Farking gone when it counts.

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

yeah theres issues offensively with that side, i cant quite put my finger on it especially the aitken part of it but he along with Chanel Harris-Tavita and walsh stymie anything on that side. Will have to watch some more tape.
Maybe its still just early days and its a matter of ironing things out (these sort of things is where missing out on that extra trial hurts)

Remember Reece had 11 try assists last year so he knows how to put someone into space.

Perhaps we need to look at whats happening before he even gets the ball.....is the ist receiver taking it deep enough in the line before he dishes out the back? Is he squaring the line up enough? Are the decoy runners getting their timing right?

Would probably have to watch that game again (and who in their right mind would want to do that? ;))

This is where ill be fascinated to see how Reece and S J combine in this regard......id go so far in saying that combination could determine the success of our season.

Reactions: Noitall

TheSultan

Agreed and I thought that would be patently obvious.
But the general theme from the other posters except Sup42 is that last night was an epic meltdown clusterfuck performance for the warriors than warrants them being called "fucking retards" amongst other names and the game called "the worst game in NRL history".

I am a left brain oriented person who scored over 95% on some of my university maths papers. I have no idea what is going in this thread and why there is vitriole being directed to all associated with last nights performance. On days like today I don't regard myself as being in touch with how human beings think or process information.

If you would be kind enough Defence to explain to me why a glass is half empty take on last night is prevalent I would be dead set keen to read it.

What is your take on the performance? Were you dismayed?
Mate…youve contributed plenty of the vitriol so far this season. Last week you were saying the club needs to hand over its licence and fold 🤦🏻‍♂️

Cces

Cces

Hi Brother

I agree with all your points and a good post.

Thanks for your apology it is accepted and very good of you.

Where I think this season was lost, if indeed it is lost, was the metcalf negotiations.

"Warriors acquired him for 2023. A brief discussion around a player swap took place for 2022 but no common ground was found so they settled on 2023".

That lack of effort to bend over backwards by the warriors 4 months ago to make a player swap happen was the end of our season. We needed metcalf and do need him now.
Had we had him in round one we would have beaten St George and with a bit more momentum, as a season is all about momentum, maybe we could be a 3 and 0 right now.

For metcalf I would have given them anything Sharks wanted barring if they requested an absurd request like a marquee player in return.

Would have offered
Jazz
Katoa
Aitken
Murchie
Vailea
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

Players of that nature. I would not have walked away from the bargaining table without that deal. By not getting metcalf we were always going to be struggling with our halves for this year.

It is not too late even now. He is only playing reggies and now they know that Nicho Hynes and Moylan are working well they could be more ready to part with him.

Salvage the season Cameron and go get us cool hand Luke. Then I will believe.
One of the Sharks development players is a Fullback, another is a half, plus Lachlan Miller (top 30) is learning the ropes at Fullback since he's converted from Rugby 7's. We could see Metcalf after Round 10 & that could explain why we've got 2 spots on our roster still open

3rdstriker

3rdstriker

Mate…youve contributed plenty of the vitriol so far this season. Last week you were saying the club needs to hand over its licence and fold 🤦🏻‍♂️
After this last performance I think there needs to be a bit of soul searching in each player.
Collectively as a team we look like we actually are folding.

Wrighty

Wrighty

I mean this below post in dry humour

Warriors fan forum Word of the day

vitriol
/ˈvɪtrɪəl/

noun
bitter criticism or malice.
"her mother's sudden gush of fury and vitriol"

Fonzie

Fonzie

I mean this below post in dry humour

Warriors fan forum Word of the day

vitriol
/ˈvɪtrɪəl/

noun
bitter criticism or malice.
"her mother's sudden gush of fury and vitriol"
Wrighty what do you make of Brownie’s last two post match press conferences? To me he seems to have realised that he’s miscalculated and is in trouble

Wrighty

Wrighty

Wrighty what do you make of Brownie’s last two post match press conferences? To me he seems to have realised that he’s miscalculated and is in trouble
He seems to be a bit finger pointery. Looked like a guy worried about the media's opinion of him. I agree with your assessment above :)

Swanny

He seems to be a bit finger pointery. Looked like a guy worried about the media's opinion of him. I agree with your assessment above :)
I have a slightly different take. I think last year was about building from within after a disrupted preseason, and this year is now about accountability. If players aren’t meeting the expectations it is pointed out, and if they are they are earning some praise for it.

6Again

I have a slightly different take. I think last year was about building from within after a disrupted preseason, and this year is now about accountability. If players aren’t meeting the expectations it is pointed out, and if they are they are earning some praise for it.
I agree, which is why he made mention again of how good their training in the last few weeks has been, apparently the best in his time at the club.

He's taking away any excuses and putting the onus on the players to be accountable for their performance on gameday.

Reactions: Wrighty
Sledge

Sledge

What is everyone's thoughts on the Tigers disallowed try?

I've seen on my Facebook feed Macguire saying with all of the technology they should of looked at it. From the commentary it sounds like the bunker did look at it, just the game wasn't stopped and the ref didn't to the box signal.

The Chanel Harris-Tavita disallowed try last week the ref made a call of try and as the Warriors were celebrating then getting ready for the kick the bunker would of reviewed it quickly and decided it needed to be reviewed.

We were lucky they felt there wasn't enough contact. We will probably hear more about it during the week unless something else happens over the weekend.
I thought it was no try, he didn’t have control.

Reactions: snake77
Canonball

Canonball

The analogy with Manly's start to last season is not completely outlandish, and we can't be as bad as we saw on Friday (can we...?) I'm just having a reckon, but I think there really has to be an upswing from here.

For me it's not that the competition is much more even than last year, rather there's going to be more of a distinction between the top tier teams, a middle tier and the strugglers. The Tigers are definitely in that last category - what can you say about them, just trash - I caught Madge saying something about expecting Brooks to play rep footy while still with his team - that's pure delusion. We're not that bad, the question is whether we compete in that middle tier or not, and not whether that's where we are, or there abouts.

Wheels

……. We are up to 12th on the table - somethings brewing 🤭
Possibly a pot of coffee!!!
My take on Friday night's game is that now everyone's expectations of watching the Warriors play semi final footy has been dashed. This might be a good thing!

Also, we won playing so bad...However a win is still a win and it looks like there are going to be plenty of upsets this year with many more teams being competitive.

finally, we are only 2-3 players short of being a really good side IMO. It is just that our belief/confidence/form is a bit shot. If we can beat Brisbane and the Cowboys, possibly a tall order, this will change. Hopefully, Brisbane and the Cowboys smash each other up today with injuries and short term injuries!!!

Although I have never signed any type of petition before if there was one for Steve Roach to be banned from commentating on Warriors games I would sign it in a heartbeat. He is very hard to listen too!

• Haha
Reactions: Defence