Game Information



01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
626
Christchurch
What?! Roger Tuivasa-Sheck...?
I don't know if we're talking about the exact same thing, but i would easily put him in the top 5 defensive fullbacks in the comp
You know of another Fullback in the comp who's tackling at 51% this season? You'll be lucky to find many others below 75%.
Defensively he's in the top tier but his tackling has been horrendous
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: brightman

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
626
Christchurch
Playing with compound fractures in his fingers. Enjoy tackling with that
That excuse can't be used for Rounds 1-6 & your fingers do very little work when tackling if you've got good technique. As I said he's our hardest worker but he doesn't receive the same scrutiny as others in the team
 
  • Like
Reactions: brightman

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
1,263
  • Like
Reactions: Billy Teets James

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
1,039
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is doing everything he can to win every game for a full 80. Don't you wonder why noone calls him out for going missing vs everyone calling out Kodi?
Well, that really just dove tails back into my comment to the OP which is why I don’t wonder why everyone calls out Nikorima I understand what’s happening there.

Time to say I‘m not a Nikorima fanboy either, just see some context around his performance/non-performance and why he won’t ever be a shining beacon with any consistency in middling team with inconsistencies.
 

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
626
Christchurch
Ok what about Tohu Harris, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Addin Fonua-Blake who all perform regardless of the team? Are they also captians, error ridden and can't tackle?
Nobody should be free from valid criticism. The players you've mentioned should be applauded for their consistency but I would point out Ben Murdoch-Masila was largely anonymous when we played the Roosters.
I never said Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was error ridden or that he couldn't tackle I just shared some facts. As shown by people leaping to defend Roger Tuivasa-Sheck straight away it highlights the double standards than some players benefit from, from many supporters.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20210506-174643_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-174643_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

ThePaKid

U20's Player
Feb 7, 2018
25
You know of another Fullback in the comp who's tackling at 51% this season? You'll be lucky to find another below 75%.
Defensively he's in the top tier but his tackling has been horrendous
If Roger only attempted to tackle when he knew he would succeed, then he would be just like another Paul Gallen, collecting stats to boost his worth through out his career.
But what the 51% doesn't show is the effort he puts in to give himself a chance to compete in the other 49% tackles.
 

The Truth

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 17, 2013
977
Why is DCE so weird? Is he on the spectrum? Saw a interview the other day with Lara Pitt going over key moments in his career and there's just something off about that guy.
It's his neck man. Dudes got a fucken long neck. He's like the hot chick with the lazy eye who is awesome at sports. Totally lack any confidence in their looks and how people perceive them so they become good at something so it's not.....the hot chick with the lazy eye. It's the chick who's good at running......you know the one, the one with the lazy eye.
Or in DCE case, you know that dude, he plays league for manly, pretty good player, what's his name?....the dude with the long neck. Oh him, yeah I know him.
 

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
4,546
It's his neck man. Dudes got a fucken long neck. He's like the hot chick with the lazy eye who is awesome at sports. Totally lack any confidence in their looks and how people perceive them so they become good at something so it's not.....the hot chick with the lazy eye. It's the chick who's good at running......you know the one, the one with the lazy eye.
Or in DCE case, you know that dude, he plays league for manly, pretty good player, what's his name?....the dude with the long neck. Oh him, yeah I know him.

Nah its more than that. It's like he's got this well drilled media friendly personality and also this ultra competitive cu** in him that he really struggles to merry togethor. Maybe a little but of confidence/perspective because he's hyper aware about how he's coming across and so ends up explaining things that dont need explaining.
 

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
626
Christchurch
If Roger only attempted to tackle when he knew he would succeed, then he would be just like another Paul Gallen, collecting stats to boost his worth through out his career.
But what the 51% doesn't show is the effort he puts in to give himself a chance to compete in the other 49% tackles.
So the majority of other 15 Fullbacks in the competition pad their stats & Roger is the only one who gives it his all when defending his own line 😂
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

Panther

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
534
I didnt say he had anything more to do with the second half did i, anywhere in my post did you see me say nikorima was the reason we struggled in the second half. I said he is inconsistent. Walsh had to deal with the same thing in the second half but he was still trying and still making a impact on the game.

Lets recap, nikorima - small so he can be a liability on defense(although i think he is better than he gets credit for) . Does not have a good kicking game. Can drift in and out of games. Not much of a playmaker, does not put many tries on.

Very good when he takes the line on. Very fast and if he spots a gap he is gone. Would be dynamic if he committed to hooker.

I am simply keeping the same energy when it comes to what i say on here because i see alot of people posting about players being bad and trash and when that player has good games we dont hear a peep from them.

I have been vocal in calling for us to move on from nikorima, i dont believe he can be consistant enough to get us where we want to go and if for this season if Chanel Harris-Tavita, nikorima, walsh, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck are all healty i would rather we move nikorima to the bench.
Tell me, are you confident that nikorima is going to reproduce his first half performance this w.e against manly? How often do you think he is going to play like that the rest of this season?
Thats what im getting at.
But what did he do so wrong in the second half? Errors were killing us, he wasn’t making them.
 

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
3,537
tauranga
It's his neck man. Dudes got a fucken long neck. He's like the hot chick with the lazy eye who is awesome at sports. Totally lack any confidence in their looks and how people perceive them so they become good at something so it's not.....the hot chick with the lazy eye. It's the chick who's good at running......you know the one, the one with the lazy eye.
Or in DCE case, you know that dude, he plays league for manly, pretty good player, what's his name?....the dude with the long neck. Oh him, yeah I know him.
There's an old saying "you don't have to have a long neck to be a goose "
 

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
868
I can only go off last game but Walsh was the key to unlocking Niko and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. Without him, whether with Chanel Harris-Tavita or Sean O'Sullivan, our 1,6,7, struggled to combine and were a bit rudderless on attack. Walsh changed everything. We need to continue to build this combo.
I’m thinking along those lines, can we really afford to play without him?

Did Nathan Cleary require managed minutes when he burst on the scene?
I don’t know just asking?

I swear Nathan was a 19 year old wonder kid for about 3 seasons, before skipping to 23 years old now in his prime.. lol

I’m sure they know what they’re doing?
 

ThePaKid

U20's Player
Feb 7, 2018
25
So the majority of other 15 Fullbacks in the competition pad their stats & Roger is the only one who gives it his all when defending his own line 😂
I wouldn't know if other fullbacks are putting in or not or if they think self before team but isolating one stat (completed tackles) to call out a players fault when other values like run meters, try assists, line breaks, support runs, non contact plays, etc to me sets where the real worth a player is delivering.
But its only my opinion.
 

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
23,978
I’m thinking along those lines, can we really afford to play without him?

Did Nathan Cleary require managed minutes when he burst on the scene?
I don’t know just asking?

I swear Nathan was a 19 year old wonder kid for about 3 seasons, before skipping to 23 years old now in his prime.. lol

I’m sure they know what they’re doing?
Nathan Cleary played some NYC, not a lot but some. He also played his pre NRL career in the halves.

Walsh will turn 19 and the training wheels will come off. Not long to wait.
 

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
3,537
tauranga
I wouldn't know if other fullbacks are putting in or not or if they think self before team but isolating one stat (completed tackles) to call out a players fault when other values like run meters, try assists, line breaks, support runs, non contact plays, etc to me sets where the real worth a player is delivering.
But its only my opinion.
Just watching NRL 360 and they are rating the best 3 fullbacks. There is only 3 that they rate .Tedesco turbo and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
 

The Truth

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 17, 2013
977
Nah its more than that. It's like he's got this well drilled media friendly personality and also this ultra competitive cu** in him that he really struggles to merry togethor. Maybe a little but of confidence/perspective because he's hyper aware about how he's coming across and so ends up explaining things that dont need explaining.
It's because he is self conscious of his neck.
 

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
3,408
Just watching NRL 360 and they are rating the best 3 fullbacks. There is only 3 that they rate .Tedesco turbo and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
What were they rating them on? The NRL 360 team have been operating at all time lows this season however any fullback conversation excluding Papenhuyzen would make no sense. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck would not be a top 3 fullback for anyone other than a blinkered Warriors fan.
 

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings