Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I think we have to appreciate Brown gets 7 days access to the players and how they are playing compared to our 80 minutes.

We try to pick how Chanel Harris-Tavita will be - Brown knows. We try to pick which combinations will work - Brown has already seem it. We pick players based on form for next weeks game - Brown has a strategy across the season.

I cannot complain about Browns selections. Every move has been a winner. If Brown wants Chanel Harris-Tavita back then he’s our man this week. Im sure there will be a plan to use all of Walsh, Kodi, Egan and Chanel Harris-Tavita with one on the bench and sharing minutes.

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
I would say in defence of Brown dialing back the intensity on Walsh....if we wreck him now while his body is still Green it will be an epic fail by Brown.
Walsh has only played school boys then entered the Q cup this year, so he hasn't even had the under 20s intro to pro football and barely played reggie's.

No way he will be ready for the hospital passes of the Warriors, or the extended tackling phases in games that the Warriors cop with 6 agains and slim to no 50/50s.
The Warriors are not the Roosters backline that Sam Walker can hide in and be protected. Walsh will have scramble hard in a Warriors edge.

We saw the other day Todd Peytons guys try late hit him and the Warriors forwards let them get away with it.

Brown brought Ponga on, he knew what it looked like when Ponga got busted up by special attention.

I think Brown has a responsibility to the player ahead of our fan desire to have him play all the time straight off.

Pretty sure if Walsh was my kid, I would be pissed off if there wasn't a graduated intro to the NRL planned.
Yeap when walsh was getting hit and nobody said a thing about it that really disappointed me. The kid is 18 and getting dirty hits and not one peep from our pack. Thats one of the things about jazz that i like, if he was on the field when that happened he would have done something. Or Addin Fonua-Blake

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
We try to pick how Chanel Harris-Tavita will be - Brown knows. We try to pick which combinations will work - Brown has already seem it. We pick players based on form for next weeks game - Brown has a strategy across the season.
wizards rage wizards rage, are you saying that Brown seems to know what the combinations should be or that, from what he has seen at training, he knows the best combination is. One would be subjective while the other would be objective. Just asking for a friend.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Same game as you. And you mean arguable man of the half. That is what i mean. Too inconsistant.
I don’t think Walsh can be held responsible for the second half. The Cowboys targeted a wing defended by 2 players with three games in the NRL between them. The Warriors had to alter their expansive game plan from the first half to trying to hold on... which they did. Losing Ben Murdoch-Masila certainly didn’t help either.

Injured players are coming back and we’ve managed to pick up a very, very good 18 year old who has only played two NRL games in his young life, both in different positions.

Last edited:
Reactions: YeahNah 4020

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Same game as you. And you mean arguable man of the half. That is what i mean. Too inconsistant.
We were getting pumped in that second half, had something ridiculous like 10 play the balls down there end. Walsh had our yardage kicking covered.

Nikorima didn't make an error or miss a tackle so apart from taking more hit ups what did you expect him to be doing?? scoring long range tries lol.

May suit a narrative or justify thinking around how the spine should be made up but our second half implosion had fuck all to do with Nikorima in this game.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
There is no way Walsh was responsible for the 2nd half downturn, or at least no more than anybody else. Completions went down, they didn't get field position and the Cowboys woke up to our rookie edge.

As a young guy IMO there is no way Walsh will play every game, having Chanel Harris-Tavita there means that we have Halves coverage and a Hooker rotation,

As far as the Backs, if Aitken is fit he goes left Centre with Pompey to right Wing, I think he has played there but we dodged a bullet with two Rookis last week, it will not work again.

In the pack I think Jazz and sirro need a break, my team
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Pompey
Berry
Aitken
Maumalo
Walsh
Kodi
Jamayne Tounua-Brown
Eagan
Evans
Katoa
Curren
Harris

Bench

Chanel Harris-Tavita
Murchie
Afoa
Leeson Ah-Mau

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Every move has been a winner.
While he's been solid & has used the bench wisely in a few of our wins he's definitely had some failures.
Switching Katoa to the right & Murchie to the left vs Manly was a poor call as was starting Tohu Harris at Prop.
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on the Wing & having Kodi defend on the left vs the Storm.
Everyone makes mistakes but some of the choices listed above weren't particularly smart ones

Teeps4Shore

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 17, 2021
While he's been solid & has used the bench wisely in a few of our wins he's definitely had some failures.
Switching Katoa to the right & Murchie to the left vs Manly was a poor call as was starting Tohu Harris at Prop.
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on the Wing & having Kodi defend on the left vs the Storm.
Everyone makes mistakes but some of the choices listed above weren't particularly smart ones
Yeah but on injuries at that time limited what we could do. You got to try some things because injuries and suspensions will continue to happen throughout the season. Trying a few things is a good thing - you never know what might pay off.

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
We were getting pumped in that second half, had something ridiculous like 10 play the balls down there end. Walsh had our yardage kicking covered.

Nikorima didn't make an error or miss a tackle so apart from taking more hit ups what did you expect him to be doing?? scoring long range tries lol.

May suit a narrative or justify thinking around how the spine should be made up but our second half implosion had fuck all to do with Nikorima in this game.
I didnt say he had anything more to do with the second half did i, anywhere in my post did you see me say nikorima was the reason we struggled in the second half. I said he is inconsistent. Walsh had to deal with the same thing in the second half but he was still trying and still making a impact on the game.

Lets recap, nikorima - small so he can be a liability on defense(although i think he is better than he gets credit for) . Does not have a good kicking game. Can drift in and out of games. Not much of a playmaker, does not put many tries on.

Very good when he takes the line on. Very fast and if he spots a gap he is gone. Would be dynamic if he committed to hooker.

I am simply keeping the same energy when it comes to what i say on here because i see alot of people posting about players being bad and trash and when that player has good games we dont hear a peep from them.

I have been vocal in calling for us to move on from nikorima, i dont believe he can be consistant enough to get us where we want to go and if for this season if Chanel Harris-Tavita, nikorima, walsh, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck are all healty i would rather we move nikorima to the bench.
Tell me, are you confident that nikorima is going to reproduce his first half performance this w.e against manly? How often do you think he is going to play like that the rest of this season?
Thats what im getting at.

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
I don’t think Walsh can be held responsible for the second half. The Cowboys targeted a wing defended by 2 players with three games in the NRL between them. The Warriors had to alter their expansive game plan from the first half to trying to hold on... which they did. Losing Ben Murdoch-Masila certainly didn’t help either.

Injured players are coming back and we’ve managed to pick up a very, very good 18 year old who has only played two NRL games in his young life, both in different positions.
Sorry if you missed it bro but im talking about nikorima, not walsh.

Reactions: Sup42

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Tell me, are you confident that nikorima is going to reproduce his first half performance this w.e against manly? How often do you think he is going to play like that the rest of this season?
Thats what im getting at.
You need to look deeper, He’ll play that way week to week if his mates up front and his other spine players provide him the opportunity to, the stats bare this out. If the team is functioning he’s functioning which fits within the scope of what we pay him as a half, around 500k. Probably getting better value than that I suspect because statistically speaking he’s in the top bracket of attacking five-eights in the comp.

This surface view of players is naive, there are always extenuating circumstances for performance.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
You need to look deeper, He’ll play that way week to week if his mates up front and his other spine players provide him the opportunity to, the stats bare this out. If the team is functioning he’s functioning which fits within the scope of what we pay him as a half, around 500k. Probably getting better value than that I suspect because statistically speaking he’s in the top bracket of attacking five-eights in the comp.

This surface view of players is naive, there are always extenuating circumstances for performance.
That is like saying if the whole team plays brilliantly he will look good...well you would bloody hope so.
Good players continue to shine in bad team performances

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
That is like saying if the whole team plays brilliantly he will look good...well you would bloody hope so.
“Plays Brilliantly” or “Perform their roles”

Like Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, remind me what we’re paying him again. You realize what your saying? your asking Nikorima to be the shining light week to week no matter how the players around him perform their roles - okay then.

Reactions: Cces

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
Why is DCE so weird? Is he on the spectrum? Saw a interview the other day with Lara Pitt going over key moments in his career and there's just something off about that guy.
He has that strict school teacher vibe, i bet he doesn't have many friends in league.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
“Plays Brilliantly” or “Perform their roles”

Like Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, remind me what we’re paying him again. You realize what your saying? your asking Nikorima to be the shining light week to week no matter how the players around him perform their roles - okay then.
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is doing everything he can to win every game for a full 80. Don't you wonder why noone calls him out for going missing vs everyone calling out Kodi?

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is doing everything he can to win every game for a full 80. Don't you wonder why noone calls him out for going missing vs everyone calling out Kodi?
The reality is that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a bit of a protected species because he's the face of the club. No one can question his effort but people ignore the fact he leads the team in errors & is far & away the worst tackling Fullback in the competition

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings