Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Im not sure what stats you looked at but he is not in the top 5 for halves, this season.
Yep, Top 5 players in his position that’s five-eight. A heads up for you, Foxlabs have the best statistical analysis in the Nrl covering all metrics from TA - Try assists to TTI - total try involvements, from MT - missed tackles to TC - Try Causes and about 80 metrics in between. Nrl Stats are fine for a glance but don’t allow for deeper analysis.

Not bad stats by any means and he has the potential to be a really good player, but my gripe is his inconsistency.
Was reportedly 500k at the time not sure where 650k came from, first I read it was here.

I get it, you and others want more consistency from him. I think we’re getting what he’s worth. Simply put he’s a player that needs a couple of things going for him to really fire.

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
Im not sure what stats you looked at but he is not in the top 5 for halves, this season.
Only ones where he ranks top are lines engaged and line breaks.
And with the amount of lines engaged he does not have many try assists or line break assists. Granted those 2 stats can be somewhat reliant on the players outside him running good lines and finishing off good passes.
Also correct me if i am wrong but i thought he signed for 650k a year?

I thought someone might try and rebute my claims with stats so i looked myself immediately after that post. But ill post the stats below.

From nrl.com
Line breaks : 5
2nd amoung halves, 1st is hughes with 8.
Lines engaged : 39
2nd equal. First drinkwater with 45
Try assist : 3
32nd equal, notably tied with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and walsh. 13th amoug halves. Luai 1st with 12.
Linebreak assits : 3
Equal 5th amoung halves. Luai 1st with 12. There is 11 other halves with 4 or more.
Missed tackles: 21
Rank amoung halves 9th, there are 8 halves who have missed more tackles.

Not bad stats by any means and he has the potential to be a really good player, but my gripe is his inconsistency.

Yep, Top 5 players in his position that’s five-eight. A heads up for you, Foxlabs have the best statistical analysis in the Nrl covering all metrics from TA - Try assists to TTI - total try involvements, from MT - missed tackles to TC - Try Causes and about 80 metrics in between. Nrl Stats are fine for a glance but don’t allow for deeper analysis.

Was reportedly 500k at the time not sure where 650k came from, first I read it was here.

I get it, you and others want more consistency from him. I think we’re getting what he’s worth. Simply put he’s a player that needs a couple of things going for him to really fire.
Pretty much summed it all up.

I am going off when he first signed, a few years back. Thats what i remember reading but could be wrong.

Nice tip with foxlabs i will check it out and you are right about the production to price, but again correct ne if i am wrong, if paired with walsh in the halves he would be playing the 7 role while walsh would be 5/8?

If all healthy i would prefer Chanel Harris-Tavita 7 walsh 6 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 1 and egan 9 with nikorima off the bench, doesnt have to be exclusively to sub egan but can pop up anywhere and test some tiring fowards.

Last edited:

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Thanks for the tip. Is it an app? Can't see it in the Play Store
It‘s part of Foxsports now, it was developed by rugby league historian and stats guru David Middleton (Middo), I’ll share the link for you.

Hit “see all” and it’ll take you to a table you can apply filters too.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Nice tip with foxlabs i will check it out and you are right about the production to price, but again correct ne if i am wrong, if paired with walsh in the halves he would be playing the 7 role while walsh would be 5/8?
Potentially, could be wrong but I can’t see this happening too often. They’re committed to Chanel Harris-Tavita at halfback and will be trying to get games into him there.

Whether Walsh starts at five-eight, doubtful on that too. I think they’ll be trying to convince Nikorima to spell Egan for the good of the team and that’s where Walsh will get his opportunity.

End of the day we’re all guessing. Could even play him at fullback and try moving Roger Tuivasa-Sheck again who knows, as a rule you want your best players on the park together so we’ll see what unfolds.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
they’ll be trying to convince Nikorima to spell Egan for the good of the team and that’s where Walsh will get his opportunity.
For sure, it was obvious they are shopping, but I reckon Chanel Harris-Tavita and Walsh might prove we are better off with another FB as Walsh is best as a half.

Either way I can see Kodi now " no, I wont play 9, I control this team and am the only reason we win, I have skills like Andrew Johns, no no no, wahhh :-( " lol

Stupid prick could own that position and get a full time gig. Modern footy has the 9 as a ball player, more like an extended running half at times, so I think hes perfectly suited to it, provided he can clear the ruck faster than the 3.7sec avg we have so far this year.

Panther

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
" no, I wont play 9, I control this team and am the only reason we win, I have skills like Andrew Johns, no no no, wahhh :-( " lol

Stupid prick could own that position and get a full time gig. Modern footy has the 9 as a ball player, more like an extended running half at times, so I think hes perfectly suited to it, provided he can clear the ruck faster than the 3.7sec avg we have so far this year.
Who are you quoting? While people are offering their best wishes to David Fusitua on one thread, you continue with obsessive attacks on Nikorima.

Play the ball speed, is from the referee’s tackle call to the ball going through the legs. The dummy half passing the ball isn’t factored in.

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
For sure, it was obvious they are shopping, but I reckon Chanel Harris-Tavita and Walsh might prove we are better off with another FB as Walsh is best as a half.

Either way I can see Kodi now " no, I wont play 9, I control this team and am the only reason we win, I have skills like Andrew Johns, no no no, wahhh :-( " lol

coaches must know something about him that we don’t which prevents him from playing #9

last season Chanel Harris-Tavita, Adam Keighran all had stints at #9 except Kodi.

I think his passing from dummy half ( not fast and crisp) and overall defence ( speed bump )are potential problems that need to be fixed . I would love for brown and Kodi to prove me wrong.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
I think his passing from dummy half ( not fast and crisp) and overall defence ( speed bump )are potential problems that need to be fixed . I would love for brown and Kodi to prove me wrong.
Yes it is the ruck speed pass/clearance that concerns me with him playing the spot, the one major attraction is him creating holes in an team not back the 10 skirting out of dummy half to connect with hopefully walsh.

The team as a whole needs a lesson and practise on how to be constantly moving up with the play the ball in case somebody makes a break and needs too offload. Even if just a forward, Im so over seeing Tohu Harris standing there for 5 seconds to offload with no back running off his hip, which is ludicrous, but I think Walsh will show them how to Papenhuzen it. Remember when Tohu Harris was known as the number 1 offloading forward in the game? Then he joined the Warriors who do not believe in backing up ;-p

Reactions: BeastMode

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
Kodi could be a attacking Hooker, but once they are on defence, he as to get out of the middle or he would be a liability.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
The team as a whole needs a lesson and practise on how to be constantly moving up with the play the ball in case somebody makes a break and needs too offload. Even if just a forward, Im so over seeing Tohu Harris standing there for 5 seconds to offload with no back running off his hip, which is ludicrous, but I think Walsh will show them how to Papenhuzen it. Remember when Tohu Harris was known as the number 1 offloading forward in the game? Then he joined the Warriors who do not believe in backing up ;-p
You bring up a good point on moving up but it made me think about defense.

One thing I noticed watching the good teams, is their line moves up really quick. Especially the Chooks and Storm. They don’t hesitate like we do or stand around waiting for the attack to come to them.

I know this has been our style in the pass, because our defense was atrocious and we had holes everywhere. Stand your line and wait for the ball carrier to come to you and then assess.

But I think this team is ready for the next level. Kill space and time so the ball carrier has limited options should now be the mindset.

I’ve lost count on the amount of times I’ve gone bonkers watching our defensive line just stand there and watch!!! Drives me nuts!!

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Play the ball speed, is from the referee’s tackle call to the ball going through the legs. The dummy half passing the ball isn’t factored in.
Easy tiger, I mean panther :).

Im the one seeing a future for Kodi not writing him off all together which a lot of people out there are. I personally think he could make a great 9 for us if we cannot attract one to play in NZ. Although I do see Beastmode's concerns with him playing at 9.

Yes I know PTB speed is measured on, but Im just saying we need a fast clearance to make up for a lack of speed, along with improving out PTB speed. Something that has gone downhill since SKs structure. This is where BM and I tend to agree, could see a possible problem with Kodi playing 9. That and his defense.

But still, if he could improve those 2 things, the role simplifies the game for him. Which suits his style. Hes not a ball player, his one big assett is speed off the mark, he could use that positively in the right position.

Im just paraphrasing an imaginary conversation based on what is a known reaction to being a 9 or a utility player :). Hes had 2 years to prove he is a dominant force as a HB and to improve his consistency and kicking game and none of those have occurred, its reality. So I think while he is still there they should try to get the most out of him and imo if he was smart he would try to stamp a role out of it make it his own, take a hint from many coaches now.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
One thing I noticed watching the good teams, is their line moves up really quick. Especially the Chooks and Storm. They don’t hesitate like we do or stand around waiting for the attack to come to them.
100% BM, Ive been saying this in game and post match for ages, along with our team backing up the ball runner in offense, our defense is even worse.

We simply wait for the ball runner to take a free 10m. The whole concept of the game is essentially playing "Forceback" and to do so you HAVE to be running up in defense, not waiting for them to run at you and take 60 metres in 4 tackles without being even challenged, leaving them with 2 tackles in the redzone every offensive set they get, in which most good teams will ice a grubber for a fresh set of 6.

SK had the fitnesss levels at peaks via stealing the Storm trainer and using Storm defense patterns, we actually were the top team in a few defensive areas I think 2018. But we know what happened.

But what has happened since to the defense is noticeable and its horrid and every time on defense Im nervous as I know they will get to our 30m minimum and can we stop them scoring. At the moment its our forwards getting us to the red zone so often that is keeping us in the game, without that our offense would have zero chance of scoring let alone out scoring the other team. But looking at the best team it is not just offense, they give away sweet F al on defense and they do this buy jogging up on defense, especially when teams are inside their 20m we should be keeping them there, which would see us on their 20m with 3 tackles remaining,, now we have Walsh I can see our ample amount of offensive redzone posession turning into actual points. Get that fast Winger and fast dummy half runner and thats the game, thats us being top 4. Fix the D line speed, fix the backing up offensive runner, fix the ruck speed, fix the dummy half speed, fix the conversion of redone into points. Top 4. I can see it happening. We are pretty much where we were 2018, but just need to improve those things. 2019 I thought we were on target to top 4. I think the right signings, some decent coaching, and we "could" be there again,

But yes getting back 10 all in line and all jogging up as a line to meet the offense is mission critical.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
100% BM, Ive been saying this in game and post match for ages, along with our team backing up the ball runner in offense, our defense is even worse.

We simply wait for the ball runner to take a free 10m. The whole concept of the game is essentially playing "Forceback" and to do so you HAVE to be running up in defense, not waiting for them to run at you and take 60 metres in 4 tackles without being even challenged, leaving them with 2 tackles in the redzone every offensive set they get, in which most good teams will ice a grubber for a fresh set of 6.

SK had the fitnesss levels at peaks via stealing the Storm trainer and using Storm defense patterns, we actually were the top team in a few defensive areas I think 2018. But we know what happened.

But what has happened since to the defense is noticeable and its horrid and every time on defense Im nervous as I know they will get to our 30m minimum and can we stop them scoring. At the moment its our forwards getting us to the red zone so often that is keeping us in the game, without that our offense would have zero chance of scoring let alone out scoring the other team. But looking at the best team it is not just offense, they give away sweet F al on defense and they do this buy jogging up on defense, especially when teams are inside their 20m we should be keeping them there, which would see us on their 20m with 3 tackles remaining,, now we have Walsh I can see our ample amount of offensive redzone posession turning into actual points. Get that fast Winger and fast dummy half runner and thats the game, thats us being top 4. Fix the D line speed, fix the backing up offensive runner, fix the ruck speed, fix the dummy half speed, fix the conversion of redone into points. Top 4. I can see it happening. We are pretty much where we were 2018, but just need to improve those things. 2019 I thought we were on target to top 4. I think the right signings, some decent coaching, and we "could" be there again,

But yes getting back 10 all in line and all jogging up as a line to meet the offense is mission critical.

great post brother

yes 100% agree

hopefully Brown can see ,what is glaringly obvious to us fans and fixes it before our march to the finals in September !! Lol!!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings