• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Surprisingly nice comments from Soward this week - "really impressed" and "they're definitely a top eight side." He sees promise and has faith and hope in the team when I don't. I wish I could share in that.

perspective.

we lost yesterday. Another one that got away in my books... still pissed

but i agree with Soward. The future does look bright once we get our strength players back.

Hiku, Aiken in the backs

Addin Fonua-Blake, Ben Murdoch-Masila and Katoa (2000 version) in the forwards

the weapons are there....

Brown just needs some time to get his selection right and we’ll be set for a good finals run. I’m excited just thinking about it....

hoolioh

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2016
Hamz
Watching it on replay I don't think the cutback was on, Saab was pretty much on top of him already when he got the ball and Turbo was there as well. With hindsight the play was probably dummy and step back from Walsh.
Probably rite and walsh would of been more likely to score but going for the corner was never on. Dont want to bag ken because the forum is getting way too kunty towards him i just wish he was more aggressive in that situation.

Paulo24

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 3, 2014
Probably rite and walsh would of been more likely to score but going for the corner was never on. Dont want to bag ken because the forum is getting way too kunty towards him i just wish he was more aggressive in that situation.
Saab had a nice angle that cut off the cut back, then you have Turbo coming behind him. I don't think many score that try to be fair.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016

Nobody's getting cunty towards big Ken but there's no room for niceties either. Everyone loves him but he's costing us trys simply by being way too slow for the modern game. Would love to have him in the team somewhere but cant just keep people because they try hard.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Nobody's getting cunty towards big Ken but there's no room for niceties either. Everyone loves him but he's costing us trys simply by being way too slow for the modern game. Would love to have him in the team somewhere but cant just keep people because they try hard.
Ken blows some but makes some too.

It his slow turn around that bothers me. He is a relic of the old Warriors without go forward in the pack so he is there for his metres.

He reminds me sort of anyway of Kevin Iro, Tony's brother. The guy was brilliance personified and could do things nobody else could. The main problem was he didn't do it al the time, and the rest he was pretty ordinary.

Maybe a trifle harsh.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Ken blows some but makes some too.

It his slow turn around that bothers me. He is a relic of the old Warriors without go forward in the pack so he is there for his metres.

He reminds me sort of anyway of Kevin Iro, Tony's brother. The guy was brilliance personified and could do things nobody else could. The main problem was he didn't do it al the time, and the rest he was pretty ordinary.

Maybe a trifle harsh.

It's everything though isnt it. His defence is shocking, He's slow to turn on kicks behind the line, he can't beat his man one on one in attack and he no longer breaks tackles as well.

I would say he's the biggest liability in the team.

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
I am usually a big supporter of Ken but I really noticed his lack of pace yesterday. A faster winger would have scored that try in the corner. He has a lot of strong points of course. He makes tons of meters coming off our own line and from kick returns and his handling has mostly been really good this season as well. However, at least with a winger like Manu, he actually had some pace once he got going. I wonder if we should start transitioning Ken into the back row. Not sure there are any better wing options though at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aman

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Surprisingly nice comments from Soward this week - "really impressed" and "they're definitely a top eight side." He sees promise and has faith and hope in the team when I don't. I wish I could share in that.
Soward seems to have real liking for us after our efforts last year. He even became a member.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I am usually a big supporter of Ken but I really noticed his lack of pace yesterday. A faster winger would have scored that try in the corner. He has a lot of strong points of course. He makes tons of meters coming off our own line and from kick returns and his handling has mostly been really good this season as well. However, at least with a winger like Manu, he actually had some pace once he got going. I wonder if we should start transitioning Ken into the back row. Not sure there are any better wing options though at the moment.
I agree with that. One difference between Ken and Manu was that Manu always had a bit of mongrel, Ken has the talent but I don't now about the mongrel. I don't know that he is a liability as much as wasted on the wing. He isn't fast, winger have to be fast before anything else. I guess he is too expensive to play in the forwards.

Reactions: Worried2Death

dantheman

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2017
Been avoiding posting because that game made me pretty mad but in hindsight we have had one of the worst injury lists in the comp and a lot of young players that are still learning so performances like that will happen. Chalk this one up as a loss and move on, I am still confident we will be there or there abouts come the business end of the season and make the 8.

Also, Turbo was in an absolute mood yesterday and would have torn pretty much every team apart besides the panthers.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Been avoiding posting because that game made me pretty mad but in hindsight we have had one of the worst injury lists in the comp and a lot of young players that are still learning so performances like that will happen. Chalk this one up as a loss and move on, I am still confident we will be there or there abouts come the business end of the season and make the 8.

Also, Turbo was in an absolute mood yesterday and would have torn pretty much every team apart besides the panthers.

I agree except Manly have a similar if not worse injury list and we had them on the rack and completely capitulated.

Cant even blame the reffing. In all.honesty, attack looks better but defence has gone completely back to base 1. Nothing to be proud of

Reactions: Akkerz

Swanley

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
A few positives:

Rocco Berry
Cody hooker, Walsh and Chanel Harris-Tavita in the halves
Manly are always strong at home
Youngsters are looking good.
Still in the 8

Negatives
If Rocco catches and scores, we might have won.
Ken - I like Ken, but he's slowly becoming redundant.

Not much else to say but again having pace out wide really is the way to go and shows us we are a little bit behind in this category.

Johnson

U20's Player
Apr 28, 2021
The Warriors are a good team with lots of talent to come back into the side, we were lucky Turbo played the way he did otherwise it’s a different story and we have the Warriors emblem on Silvertails.

Both games played have had both teams missing star players, you guys will be there come semifinals time.

The silvertails emblem looks great on here😏

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
I thought that was just me. It felt almost childish, like, Im the half not you, so Im not giving you the ball. Was bizarre.
Given that post got a lot of likes and others said it, clearly its not just me.

So the question is, if we are going to play, what for the last 8 minutes was an extremely effective spine and from 15 minutes stopped Manly's dominance via Turbo creating havoc in our broken defensive line. The question is, how do we get Kodi on board, we know he hates the idea of being a utility or hooker, but the reality is, Broncos had it right and for $250k less. But hes here for another 1 and 2/3 seasons, how do we get his head around that everybody thinks he would make a damn good dummy half runner and surprisingly he provided extremely good service (aside from the chilidish not passing to walsh for 7 minutes thing).

Clearly 9 Kodi 7 Chanel Harris-Tavita 6 Walsh 1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a dynamic spine dripping with X factor, especially if Kodi does his 0-100 in 0.1sec out of dummy half and we catch the opposition in broken defense offside with all the pros like Walsh and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck backing up his run for him to offload Walsh into a gapping hole, zillions of line break and try assists and plenty of oppurtunities to try for dummy half tries with his speed and footwork. Im not sure why he is so anti the role. Well I do know why, he has always seen himself as a marquee half back and clearly thats not reality. Perhaps starting him there will give him more time to realise how brilliant he could be in dummy half.

Either way, Brown better bloody well play that spine from the start next game. He admitted he underplayed Walsh, who was warming himself up 15mins into the first half. And clearly we went from 6 unanswered tries in a row to Walsh scoring one and nearly setting up Ken in the corner (but was too slow) for a conversion kick in extra time to level it. If we play like that from the start for 80m with key players returning, we are going to be flappn handful to deal with, Kodi dummy half short ball to big Ben MnM on a diagonal route back the other way at full speed into half a hole 2m out from the line, garunteed try every time. Cant wait.

Reactions: wellyboy

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
They cut us to bits and ran through us out wide and from a long way out for one of them. We scored a couple of lucky ones from kicks.

Walsh has to play 6. It's a lot to lump on an 18 year old but unfortunately I would say if he doesn't play we don't make the 8.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Given that post got a lot of likes and others said it, clearly its not just me.

So the question is, if we are going to play, what for the last 8 minutes was an extremely effective spine and from 15 minutes stopped Manly's dominance via Turbo creating havoc in our broken defensive line. The question is, how do we get Kodi on board, we know he hates the idea of being a utility or hooker, but the reality is, Broncos had it right and for $250k less. But hes here for another 1 and 2/3 seasons, how do we get his head around that everybody thinks he would make a damn good dummy half runner and surprisingly he provided extremely good service (aside from the chilidish not passing to walsh for 7 minutes thing).

Clearly 9 Kodi 7 Chanel Harris-Tavita 6 Walsh 1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a dynamic spine dripping with X factor, especially if Kodi does his 0-100 in 0.1sec out of dummy half and we catch the opposition in broken defense offside with all the pros like Walsh and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck backing up his run for him to offload Walsh into a gapping hole, zillions of line break and try assists and plenty of oppurtunities to try for dummy half tries with his speed and footwork. Im not sure why he is so anti the role. Well I do know why, he has always seen himself as a marquee half back and clearly thats not reality. Perhaps starting him there will give him more time to realise how brilliant he could be in dummy half.

Either way, Brown better bloody well play that spine from the start next game. He admitted he underplayed Walsh, who was warming himself up 15mins into the first half. And clearly we went from 6 unanswered tries in a row to Walsh scoring one and nearly setting up Ken in the corner (but was too slow) for a conversion kick in extra time to level it. If we play like that from the start for 80m with key players returning, we are going to be flappn handful to deal with, Kodi dummy half short ball to big Ben MnM on a diagonal route back the other way at full speed into half a hole 2m out from the line, garunteed try every time. Cant wait.
Kodi has to play bench and only 20 odd minutes. Him and Walsh defensively is too concerning for me. If he doesn't like it or perform there then leave him out. Nothing screams average player than taking your player option....almost unheard of!

Reactions: AusWarriorsFan

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings