Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Is Montoya unavailable? If not, he's hard done by to be jumped in the queue by Berry & miss out to Fusitu'a
That is surprising, must be injured, teams always have a spare outside back in the 21. When the corrupt dogs at the judiciary uphold Curran's ban, if Montoya doesn't come in then, must be unavailable. EDIT see he injured.

Reactions: 2 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Is Montoya unavailable? If not, he's hard done by to be jumped in the queue by Berry & miss out to Fusitu'a
Berry needs another game for his confidence. Will be good to see if he sticks his hand up and demands to be picked.

Will make Brownies job easier going forward. Even if it's a niggle for Montoya, id rest him to give Berry his 2nd shot.

Reactions: 8 users
Sup42

Sup42

If I take the numbering at face value, which is kinda silly in the modern day NRL, then the main talking point is the Walsh kid.

Team naming conversations will start there with the clubs future we hope franchise player until he has been around as long as Darren Lockyer and people no longer care where he plays so long as he plays.

He can do a lot for this team with his boot. In a way it is a shame that in the halves he is dependent greatly on the functioning of the other half.

That will certainly put a lot of pressure on him.

However, it is probably less pressure than being thrown into a team to play half and fullback at the same time which is what he did last week, absolutely nuts way to début.

The other interesting thing about the selections is that Brown is giving the people what they want. He is playing kids everywhere.

That is being forced now by injury.

However, Brown was always going to do it, this is what he did at Newcastle. Gutted the team and threw in new blood everywhere until he found seventeen guys who wanted to grind out wins.

Let us pray therefore that the seventeen he finds are among the most talented.

Reactions: 6 users
ramps

ramps

never loved a team naming as much as this one! Considering the injuries, this is definitely the best team to roll out.

i reacon walsh will cement his spot in the team. Hel kick nikorima out of the halves. He has all the skillls to be top half in the nrl. Good to see berry gets another shot. I feel if he doesnt impress this week then hel find it hard making his way back into the squad. Good to see Tohu Harris and pompey back. Excited for this weeks game.

Reactions: 15 users

Swanny

never loved a team naming as much as this one! Considering the injuries, this is definitely the best team to roll out.

i reacon walsh will cement his spot in the team. Hel kick nikorima out of the halves. He has all the skillls to be top half in the nrl. Good to see berry gets another shot. I feel if he doesnt impress this week then hel find it hard making his way back into the squad. Good to see Tohu Harris and pompey back. Excited for this weeks game.
The forward pack now seems very light. Not many changes you can make there but only really Ah Mau, Tohu Harris, and Ben Murdoch-Masila carry any real weight. Evans, Afoa, and Jamayne Tounua-Brown are all the leaner type of forward which along with Curran, Jazz and Sironen now leaves us quite light. Will be interesting to see if we play a bit wider and use Ben Murdoch-Masila and Pompey etc for punch

Reactions: 2 users
ramps

ramps

The forward pack now seems very light. Not many changes you can make there but only really Ah Mau, Tohu Harris, and Ben Murdoch-Masila carry any real weight. Evans, Afoa, and Jamayne Tounua-Brown are all the leaner type of forward which along with Curran, Jazz and Sironen now leaves us quite light. Will be interesting to see if we play a bit wider and use Ben Murdoch-Masila and Pompey etc for punch
I thought of our pack as a possible advantage. Faster leg speed and enough punch with Ben Murdoch-Masila, Tohu Harris, Afoa and Ah Mau. So yeach hope we can use the advantage to spread out wider. hope taumalolo isnt playing though

Reactions: 1 user
Five&Last

Five&Last

Pumped with that line up given the injuries. Even though its only short term and would be very inexperienced, I think a Chanel Harris-Tavita and Walsh halves partnership in a few weeks could do serious damage. Walsh do majority of the kicking and Chanel Harris-Tavita do majority of the organising. Walsh has a massive boot on him which is what Chanel Harris-Tavita struggles with. I'm done with the Nikorima era at this club, send him back to Brisbane already. The guy is 10x more flakey and more likely to disappear than Shaun Johnson ever was, and he's a shocking defender. I felt sorry for Berry having to defend outside him in his first game.

Reactions: 23 users
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
I think some of you are missing that Curran is seeking a downgrade after pleading guilty to a careless high tackle.

Why are we playing their game? Listening to Annesley is like listening to Squealer in Animal Farm. Spin doctoring and political manipulation to create a mandate to meet their own agenda.

Why is the referees boss giving a speech in his weekly address about the public being wrong about scoring margins for instance?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Sink or swim time for Walsh. How quickly can he get his defence first grade ready? I hope Brown will manage his workload in the coming weeks rather than bowing to the desires of us razzle dazzle hungry fans.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
PullinTeeth

PullinTeeth

Pumped with that line up given the injuries. Even though its only short term and would be very inexperienced, I think a Chanel Harris-Tavita and Walsh halves partnership in a few weeks could do serious damage. Walsh do majority of the kicking and Chanel Harris-Tavita do majority of the organising. Walsh has a massive boot on him which is what Chanel Harris-Tavita struggles with. I'm done with the Nikorima era at this club, send him back to Brisbane already. The guy is 10x more flakey and more likely to disappear than Shaun Johnson ever was, and he's a shocking defender. I felt sorry for Berry having to defend outside him in his first game.
Yep, Berry would of had a hell of a different debut if Chanel Harris-Tavita was defending inside him, the kid had no chance.

Reactions: 4 users
Cces

Cces

Berry needs another game for his confidence. Will be good to see if he sticks his hand up and demands to be picked.
I've since seen that Montoya is injured so don't disagree with the Berry selection & I hope he plays on the opposite side this week.
I'd hate to think that there's any consideration given to giving a player a run in a 9th vs 12th game in week 8 to give someone some confidence. That's not something a team in the middle 3rd of the comp can afford to do

Reactions: 1 users

warriorsfan92

Sink or swim time for Walsh. How quickly can he get his defence first grade ready? I hope Brown will manage his workload in the coming weeks rather than bowing to the desires of us razzle dazzle hungry fans.
Sink or swim time? Are we being serious? It’s his 2nd first grade game for god sake. this forum can be a obnoxiously ridiculous sometimes. Far out.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users