Votes: 31 31.0%
  • C

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • F-

Votes: 9 9.0%

• Total voters
shuffle

shuffle

Hell nah! I want Walsh to play for the Kangaroos! He‘ll be the first Warrior to play for the Kangaroos that hasn’t debuted for another club! It’ll be awesome!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

6Again

I will play the devils advocate...

The NRL is getting scared of legal issues for head injuries so any head knock is to be punished. So just make it touch Vlandys you plonker.

However just to prove I am wrong, even Blocker said worse tackles have gone ignored.
So we‘re charging players for head clashes now? Vlandys is overhauling the judicial system which is obviously broken.

Reactions: 1 user
Makasene

Makasene

un-fuckin-believable.... the NRL match review committee has doubled down on the incompetence of the Bunker and charged Curran for the head clash. Corruption of just plain incompetence??

Curran, who like Pereira was sin-binned for his incident, is facing a 1-2 game scenario for his grade-two careless high tackle on Storm winger George Jennings in the 12th minute of the Warriors' loss in Melbourne.”

We know it is bullshit but I imagine they are taking the approach as 'dangerous contact' which I guess is the Careless element

If Jennings doesn't get knocked out then we know not even a penalty would have been blown.

Reminds me of that tackle Gavet made a couple years ago that was completely legal but penalised for being dangerous.

My guess is they will say Curran needs to be in better control of his body when tackling to avoid causing injury.

It's bullshit but injuries are a bad look, concussions especially so can see why they want to take it all the way

Reactions: 1 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

un-fuckin-believable.... the NRL match review committee has doubled down on the incompetence of the Bunker and charged Curran for the head clash. Corruption of just plain incompetence??

Curran, who like Pereira was sin-binned for his incident, is facing a 1-2 game scenario for his grade-two careless high tackle on Storm winger George Jennings in the 12th minute of the Warriors' loss in Melbourne.”

absolutely ridiculous

it’s not like he deliberately head butted Jennings FFS. Purely accidental. How are you supposed to stop something that wasn’t deliberate? Every tackle has that element of risk.

If anything Maumalo’s shoulder connecting looked more dangerous. Banning Maumalo for a few is a good idea.

They got the wrong guy

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Fuck all this crap about Walsh to 6, leave him In fullback where he can learn his trade and go spend some money on a 6 play maker, then we have two threats.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Vlandys is overhauling the judicial system which is obviously broken.
I think this article shows Vlandys to be a Phil Gould hands on type who get distracted from his main job and is too over reactive to issues he has only a shallow grasp of:
Yes, Peter V’landys, I seek attention - to get action on stopping rape and domestic violence
Peter V’landys, the chair of the Australian Rugby League Commission, went on record last week to emphasise his firm commitment to gender equality and women’s safety. Which is very heartening.

He was also quoted in this masthead expressing his concern that I was an “attention seeker”. In 2005, I was asked to take on a role as the NRL’s pro bono gender adviser by the then chief executive, David Gallop.

The commitment to my role has been renewed by every other incoming chief executive. But in the past two years there has been radio silence. The NRL now has no independent gender adviser. Clearly the game needs this work and there are lots of excellent women out there who can and would perform the role.

#robbiemears

#robbiemears

Brownie talked about the speed at which the Storm and the other top 5 teams play at. And he's right, of course. Between the precision passing, the quick darts out of dummy half, and the perfect lines they run, it's like they were in third gear while we were stuck driving a 1978 Kingswood in first.

But what I found equally impressive was how effectively Melbourne slow the opposition's play the ball down. It used to be about blatant wrestling skills. But when that got outlawed, they reinvented a more subtle technique. Now, it's a discreet jersey pull here, a slight twist of the player to the side over here, all under the theatrical guise of trying to release the tackled player expeditiously. But it's done so expertly that it actually becomes almost impossible to play at the speed required to dent their defense.

They take more risks with this on early tackles in the set, being more deliberate with their stalling tactics knowing that, at worst, the set will just start again. But by tackles 4 and 5, they're happy to let the player get up at a reasonable speed and not take the chance of infringing. By then, irreparable damage to momentum has already been inflicted. They are masters at this 1% stuff.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

Brownie talked about the speed at which the Storm and the other top 5 teams play at. And he's right, of course. Between the precision passing, the quick darts out of dummy half, and the perfect lines they run, it's like they were in third gear while we were stuck driving a 1978 Kingswood in first.

But what I found equally impressive was how effectively Melbourne slow the opposition's play the ball down. It used to be about blatant wrestling skills. But when that got outlawed, they reinvented a more subtle technique. Now, it's a discreet jersey pull here, a slight twist of the player to the side over here, all under the theatrical guise of trying to release the tackled player expeditiously. But it's done so expertly that it actually becomes almost impossible to play at the speed required to dent their defense.

They take more risks with this on early tackles in the set, being more deliberate with their stalling tactics knowing that, at worst, the set will just start again. But by tackles 4 and 5, they're happy to let the player get up at a reasonable speed and not take the chance of infringing. By then, irreparable damage to momentum has already been inflicted. They are masters at this 1% stuff.

It also helps when you have the ref in your pocket.

Reactions: 5 users
unclesteve

unclesteve

If Curran gets any sideline time for that I think I will finally stop watching. The sinbin call was ridiculous and completely changed the game.
The NRL is broken. You just have to read the circle jerk defending Lattrell Mitchell finally getting what he has deserved for a while to see just how full of its own bullshit it is.
Here's hoping Walsh continues to be as good as he showed yesterday and we don't destroy him.
Play him at FB, play him at 6, just play him.

We didn't throw enough money at Hughes, Imagine what could have been with Hughes and Walsh.

This side at full strength has some future in it. Keep your heads up lads.

Reactions: 5 users
Aman

Aman

Why are people talking about sacking browny first year into his contract with nearly all his first choice team out injured and still winning games???

Some of you cu**s are dented I swear.

• Haha
Reactions: 27 users
defensivebomb

defensivebomb

The match review committee concurring with the bunker re Curran looks like face-saving the bunker. Watching the replay many times it just looks like an accidental head clash. Vilisanti’s one in the GF (which was also legal) was slightly worse. But still legal

Reactions: 1 users
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

The match review committee concurring with the bunker re Curran looks like face-saving the bunker. Watching the replay many times it just looks like an accidental head clash. Vilisanti’s one in the GF (which was also legal) was slightly worse. But still legal
Sounds too logical..

However, we all know how corrupt the system is.

I’d imagine Curren gets one week for a “careless” infringement, just to back the officials original sending off as “justified” and because he doesn’t play for the roosters.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Why are people talking about sacking browny first year into his contract with nearly all his first choice team out injured and still winning games???

Some of you cu**s are dented I swear.

Relax mate.

No one’s sacking Brown just yet....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

So we‘re charging players for head clashes now? Vlandys is overhauling the judicial system which is obviously broken.
I thought I must have got it wrong so had another good look. It sure as hell was a head clash unless there is a different camera angle out there that shows something different?

Anyone shed anything further on it.?