Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 29, 2018
What will happen is as follows:

Out of nowhere, we will bring our A game and slay the dragons, giving the more bipolar among us hope that we are, in fact, a team to be reckoned with. There will be dancing in the street and we will be intoxicated with the excitement of finally, awakening the sleeping giant that is the mighty Vodafone warriors.

No longer taking shit from our non-warrior-supporting colleagues, we will go into the Storm game confident and cocky and the talk of marching to a grand final will echo in everyone’s ears. We cannot be beaten!!!!

then the Storm will put a cricket score on us and send us back to reality

unless we just lose both

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
The Dragons have had a soft draw with wins against the Cows, Manly, Knights and then the Eels. Only one genuine top 8 team. They lost to the Sharks who are fringe 8.

Manly had a tough draw. Horrendous. Roosters, South’s, Dragons, Panthers. If we had that draw we would have been 0-4 as well.

Therefore I don’t think we are as bad as some think and I don’t think the Dragons are as good as some think. It could go either way...

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
The Dragons have had a soft draw with wins against the Cows, Manly, Knights and then the Eels. Only one genuine top 8 team. They lost to the Sharks who are fringe 8.

Manly had a tough draw. Horrendous. Roosters, South’s, Dragons, Panthers. If we had that draw we would have been 0-4 as well.

Therefore I don’t think we are as bad as some think and I don’t think the Dragons are as good as some think. It could go either way...
have you been on the wacky backy?

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Just on Katoa yeah there could be a touch of 2nd year syndrome but i've noticed in game day threads recently a lot of "where's Katoa" or "he's been quiet", or "hasnt done much".

I agree he hasnt displayed the effectiveness of last year yet but 1 thing to consider from someone who was playing big minutes last season ( for mine his most impressive attribute for one so young) the last 2 games he's played only 37 and 34 minutes, being subbed off after only 22 and 19 minutes then not bought back on until the 62nd and 68th minute.....thats close to 45 minutes being left on the bench......i just think he's struggling to make an impact with the limited time.....remember last season he was regulary playing close to 80 and i get the feeling he's a kid who thrives the more time he gets it.

He's played one 80 minute game this year admittedly not setting the world on fire but first game he was subbed off after 27 minutes, came back on earlier but only cause of injury......seems a deliberate plan by Brown and it looks like Murchie's the favoured one to play the longer minutes now.

Add to that last season it was his combination with Kodi that made him a constant threat on that edge then for some reason (up unti last week) they decided to break that combo up.....typical warriors.....plus new coach who's game plan (altho they decided to shift the ball last week) hadnt really involved targetting the edges.

Like i started with yeah there probably is a touch of 2nd year syndrome in that understandably he's marked a bit more closer, however maybe there's 1 or 2 other factors in how their using him that may not be putting him to best use to consider.......i love the kid and he's going to be too much our future, would hate to see his development stall cause we cant get our shit together.

Stalefish540

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Just on Katoa yeah there could be a touch of 2nd year syndrome but i've noticed in game day threads recently a lot of "where's Katoa" or "he's been quiet", or "hasnt done much".

I agree he hasnt displayed the effectiveness of last year yet but 1 thing to consider from someone who was playing big minutes last season ( for mine his most impressive attribute for one so young) the last 2 games he's played only 37 and 34 minutes, being subbed off after only 22 and 19 minutes then not bought back on until the 62nd and 68th minute.....thats close to 45 minutes being left on the bench......i just think he's struggling to make an impact with the limited time.....remember last season he was regulary playing close to 80 and i get the feeling he's a kid who thrives the more time he gets it.

He's played one 80 minute game this year admittedly not setting the world on fire but first game he was subbed off after 27 minutes, came back on earlier but only cause of injury......seems a deliberate plan by Brown and it looks like Murchie's the favoured one to play the longer minutes now.

Add to that last season it was his combination with Kodi that made him a constant threat on that edge then for some reason (up unti last week) they decided to break that combo up.....typical warriors.....plus new coach who's game plan (altho they decided to shift the ball last week) hadnt really involved targetting the edges.

Like i started with yeah there probably is a touch of 2nd year syndrome in that understandably he's marked a bit more closer, however maybe there's 1 or 2 other factors in how their using him that may not be putting him to best use to consider.......i love the kid and he's going to be too much our future, would hate to see his development stall cause we cant get our shit together.
All decent points. The one missing link which us as fans don't see is the GPS in game data which actually plays a decent role in the game today for forwards. It's very easy for them to see when a player is tailing off and needs a rest. Maybe they are seeing something we are unable to see. Something to consider anyway.

At the end of the day hes played 18 or so games of RL in his life, dispite how good he is he's still extremely raw. Even seasoned RL debutants don't often come in and sit at the 80min mark without some ups and downs. The players that do are the exception to the rule. He's having some 2nd year downs which is normal, and they're doing the right thing sending him down to reggies with some work ons to run over some plebs and get his confidence up. It's the right coaching move, and he's clearly a professional kid so I don't see this being an issue for him.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
have you been on the wacky backy?

To be fair, you should see the amount of bitching on the Broncos forum about what a shitty draw they've had so far and it's all bloody Vlandy's fault, wah-wah-wah...

The strength or weakness of the draw teams have had so far does play a part, but it's not everything. We've played two teams who should be Top 4 this year and beaten one of them - okay, Ricky, I hear ya, bloody foward pass - and been beaten by a team who look wooden spoon contenders. By my reckoning, we're 2 pts behind where we should be. 2 pts which we'll make up if we win on Sunday against...Um....One of our...uh....Shit....bogey teams....:) Easy peasy.

Yes, the Dragons won against the Eels. But they didn't win against the Eels playing in tip-top-Premiership-winning-quality form. They were off. Not losing-by-14 off, no, but still well below their best. Let's recall 2018, when the Dragons came to Mt Smart and I think the general forum consensus was "Oh, shit, please let us not get our asses kicked too hard!" And not only did our asses not get kicked too hard, we actually won!

Disclaimer: This forummer is not on the wack backy. This forummer became immune to whatever qualities the wacky backy might bring to his enjoyment of being a Warriors fan A. Long. Time. Ago. This forummer now enjoys Los Pollos Hermanos and all the product supplied by Mr Gus Fring.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
All decent points. The one missing link which us as fans don't see is the GPS in game data which actually plays a decent role in the game today for forwards. It's very easy for them to see when a player is tailing off and needs a rest. Maybe they are seeing something we are unable to see. Something to consider anyway.

At the end of the day hes played 18 or so games of RL in his life, dispite how good he is he's still extremely raw. Even seasoned RL debutants don't often come in and sit at the 80min mark without some ups and downs. The players that do are the exception to the rule. He's having some 2nd year downs which is normal, and they're doing the right thing sending him down to reggies with some work ons to run over some plebs and get his confidence up. It's the right coaching move, and he's clearly a professional kid so I don't see this being an issue for him.

Dont have so much an issue dropping him down a grade to refocus, happens to most that burst onto the scene (it'll happen to that latest wunderkid from the Roosters too) and as I stated not doubting he hasn't been as effective thus far, more questioning do they have right structures in place that maximize his abilities..... I'm not sure they do.....then again that could be applied to a number of players atm.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
The Dragons aren't our nemesis anymore, it's not 1995-2018 again. Times have changed, now we can only beat the Drags and the Titans. If Browny listened to us we'd have Tohu Harris in the halves, Rog on the wing, throw Bunty to fullback, he does everything Roger does with better hair.

Dave's not here, the centres might as well be Cheech and Chong at this point. No new wonder boy so it's all up to old wonder boy Paul Turner to win us this one in the halves. Get rid of the wheelbarrow and Prince Phillip, maybe shift the wheely bin to hooker, we could use the wheels.

The flying Hiku, who's idea was that to replace Fusitua, probly that bong wizard up there was it. Anyway, despite all the evidence of a dark day in history approaching, I still trust that Browny's got a plan to win this. He's made a few unforced changes to an already depleted squad. He might even have some surprise tricks up his sleeve that we never saw coming from our super coach couches. Dragons 20 Warriors 22 (Bunty golden point 40 metre drop-goal from fb)

Last edited:

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
What will happen is as follows:

Out of nowhere, we will bring our A game and slay the dragons, giving the more bipolar among us hope that we are, in fact, a team to be reckoned with. There will be dancing in the street and we will be intoxicated with the excitement of finally, awakening the sleeping giant that is the mighty Vodafone warriors.

No longer taking shit from our non-warrior-supporting colleagues, we will go into the Storm game confident and cocky and the talk of marching to a grand final will echo in everyone’s ears. We cannot be beaten!!!!

then the Storm will put a cricket score on us and send us back to reality

unless we just lose both
I would take this deal in a heart beat....

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings