Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Which reinforces the fact we got our tactics wrong going in with two players and they went in with three. They slow the play the ball down and get reset. We let them get up quicker and we don't reset in time.
Mate where did you see this tactic of going in with two players? I’ve heard it mentioned but didn’t see the interview

Reactions: john nick

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
I‘d add Ken And Fusitua to that also, Ken seems to have lost that late footwork at the line which was working well for him.

That is something that I had forgotten about! He had that little Roger Tuivasa-Sheck jink before he came home last year and actually looked a bit more spritely. Almost like his game was developing.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Mate where did you see this tactic of going in with two players? I’ve heard it mentioned but didn’t see the interview
Jazz in aftermatch interview. Also the assistant coach was interviewed just after Jazz and he said exactly the same thing. Said it was their strategy to not commit more than 2 tacklers so their were more players in the defensive line. Made no sense to me as it meant the opposition would get quicker play the balls.

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
Made no sense to me as it meant the opposition would get quicker play the balls.

Completely agree. If we were masters of the wrestle like Melbourne then maybe, but any speed gained from having an extra defender were more than nullified by their increased PTB speed.

Hope we go back to the status quo and stop that particular experiment.

Reactions: CHURCUZ

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Jazz in aftermatch interview. Also the assistant coach was interviewed just after Jazz and he said exactly the same thing. Said it was their strategy to not commit more than 2 tacklers so their were more players in the defensive line. Made no sense to me as it meant the opposition would get quicker play the balls.
Pretty solid tactic doing the complete opposite to whats necessary, considering Chooks are prob 1st or 2nd in the NRL at the wrestle.

Absolute rookie stuff, sounds like Justin Morgan music.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Pretty solid tactic doing the complete opposite to whats necessary, considering Chooks are prob 1st or 2nd in the NRL at the wrestle.

Absolute rookie stuff, sounds like Justin Morgan music.
No, was the other guy. I never heard of him before

Reactions: Stalefish540

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Isnt that changing to what it should be to start with?
From what I understood we started the season with the basic forward dominated plan because the split offseasons camps put us behind the 8 ball in our combinations. Didn't see much evidence of stage 2 of the plan on Sunday, maybe because the Chooks didn't let us.

On the 2 in the tackle strategy, was that a ploy to have the third defender hang back ready to shut down offloads? Catch 22 plan that backfired on whoever came up with that one, but at least it's a fixable issue.

Last edited:

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
We have a forum bet with the manly forum silvertails.net this week. Loser of the game has to update their logo/banner to one that of the choosing by the winning forum.

Apologies in advance.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
We have a forum bet with the manly forum silvertails.net this week. Loser of the game has to update their logo/banner to one that of the choosing by the winning forum.

Apologies in advance.
We can live with DCE's pencil neck head grinning at us for a week but please Taj never do this with the Sharks, Shaun's already made us suffer enough for not believing in him.

Last edited:

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
We can live with DCE's pencil neck head grinning at us for a week but please Taj never do this with the Sharks, Shaun's already made us suffer enough for not believing in him.
Yeah don't worry we won't. Besides the fact they have a shit forum at the sharks, we try to pick the forum bets with weaker sides ;)

Actually behind the scenes, broncoshq, silvertails and our forum work together a lot to optimise experience for the fans via the forums. The gameday live scores and stats are courtesy of silvertails.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Yeah don't worry we won't. Besides the fact they have a shit forum at the sharks, we try to pick the forum bets with weaker sides ;)

Actually behind the scenes, broncoshq, silvertails and our forum work together a lot to optimise experience for the fans via the forums. The gameday live scores and stats are courtesy of silvertails.
Still nothing better than beating the Broncs for this Warriors fan, can we make them put Reece Walsh on their banner if we win?

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Apologies in advance.
If the Sea Eagles win, will the folks at silvertails.net be happy to have I Loved Des At Manly And His Back-Ended Contracts! on their logo for a week?

Thought not....:)

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas

Impressive, I like that - and good on the Silvertails for sharing - the stats and Addin Fonua-Blake...

francis

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 19, 2020
sorry guys i didnt know where to post this but ,is it just me but is anyone else having a problem getting in to do your tips

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings