• A

• B

• C

• F#@*!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
US military studies have historically shown members of nuclear submarines to have the highest divorce rate. At the time the report was put out, it was also acknowledged they had the least family contact.
Also there's plenty of peer reviewed info showing Pasifika perform best when they have the support and influence of extended family.
Ive worked with submariners; crazy bunch.

You last point is interesting, but here's the point your missing.
Their performance isn't the most important thing... I know that is cold, but we are here for a premiership.
Remember the red bull and pills saga? Remember how our no names pulled out a miracle; then the second the "stars" came back we went back to being average?

Notice last year our two best wingers went home and we competed with cast-offs?
The performance of the team isn't the sum of individual performances...

Geoff Public

1000 Days in Oz Tour. See NRL.COM for venue dates
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland
Ive worked with submariners; crazy bunch.

You last point is interesting, but here's the point your missing.
Their performance isn't the most important thing... I know that is cold, but we are here for a premiership.
Remember the red bull and pills saga? Remember how our no names pulled out a miracle; then the second the "stars" came back we went back to being average?

Notice last year our two best wingers went home and we competed with cast-offs?
The performance of the team isn't the sum of individual performances...
I'm not missing anything. NRL players have missed a game before for the birth of a child. John Bateman went back to England for his daughter. Cooper Cronk left the Storm for love. Players won't come to New Zealand. None of these decisions fit your thought, but they happen. No one's suggested that they can't deliver a premiership because of these decisions.

As for your wings. George Jennings scored 2 tries in 5 games with us. He scored 3 tries in 2 wing starts with Souths. So here you're right . They aren't scoring tries because of the team performance.

Last edited:

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Fusitua hs more skill than ken but ken seems to put in a lot more effort. I would be more inclined to keep Ken over Fusitua because of that. Fusitua just seems to go through the motions, does his job but nothing extra If he had someone who set him up for tries like he used to have then he would probably put himself in the right place to get those tries because he knows they are coming, he isnt going to do a bunch of work in the hope something might happen.
You just know that Fusitua in a team that set him up, would become a superstar again. His confidence would be back. His effort would skyrocket. He is as good as those inside him.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Nature vs nurture, etc. Problem is, like so many others, sometimes you need greener pastures that fits your style of play.

Its like us having a Ferrari on a building site. Great, but pointless in our environment. Unfortunately bulldozing effort players (Maumalo) are fit for purpose for us at the moment.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Woofa

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 25, 2013
Auckland
Fusitua hs more skill than ken but ken seems to put in a lot more effort. I would be more inclined to keep Ken over Fusitua because of that. Fusitua just seems to go through the motions, does his job but nothing extra If he had someone who set him up for tries like he used to have then he would probably put himself in the right place to get those tries because he knows they are coming, he isnt going to do a bunch of work in the hope something might happen.

Based on that logic and taking into account CNK and Herbert, we keep Fusitua then.. bye Ken.. Effort doesn't cut it around here mate.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Thinking about how Fusitua used to be a threat, diving in at the corner scoring tries like wingers do now before diving in like wingers do now became fashionable.

Fusitua was a pioneer. Now he sucks. How to fix this?

Simple: get him a decent halfback

Reactions: Worried2Death

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
I concede our performance particularly from our halves was shite however I think us forum commentators failed to appreciate why Manly were on the bottom of the table.

If we had played the Roosters, Souths, Dragons & the Panthers in our first 4 games where on the ladder would we have been?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Don't sweat it guys we are waiting for Craig Bellamy😆
We aren't going to get Bellamy but we need a coach who can coach like he does i.e. drill everybody so they always know what the next move is.

Reactions: davo

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
We aren't going to get Bellamy but we need a coach who can coach like he does i.e. drill everybody so they always know what the next move is.
Also Brown has to be more involved in recruitment .Dont get me wrong I think POS has done good .However the type of player to suit game plans have to be targeted

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
You just know that Fusitua in a team that set him up, would become a superstar again. His confidence would be back. His effort would skyrocket.
That makes him exactly the wrong type of player for the Warriors and most teams then.
I would class that as lazy, selfish and entitled.

If he was out there putting ken to shame, leading kick chases or returns, smashing people on D, carry people over the sideline, I'd be like "Dam, that guy never gives up".

Thats not the case....

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
That makes him exactly the wrong type of player for the Warriors and most teams then.
I would class that as lazy, selfish and entitled.

If he was out there putting ken to shame, leading kick chases or returns, smashing people on D, carry people over the sideline, I'd be like "Dam, that guy never gives up".

Thats not the case....
Totally correct, he’s wrong for us.

But people will still moan (just like Shaun Johnson, Papalii, etc) when he becomes the Dally M winger of the year somewhere else.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
Totally correct, he’s wrong for us.

But people will still moan (just like Shaun Johnson, Papalii, etc) when he becomes the Dally M winger of the year somewhere else.
Papa just needed a decent game plan and good players around. In fact he would have been a guy I would have dropped a lot of blokes for. Had a massive work ethic.

Sharks made Shaun Johnson drop his bullshit.. He has come out and said as much.

Fusitua isn't as hard a work as Papa nor as talented as Shaun Johnson so I don't see the comparison.

He'd either get fucked off, or made to lift his game.

SeaEagleRock8

Bird Gang Fan
Apr 13, 2021
Hi to Warrior fans from a Sea eagle fan. If I didn't have a team I'd consider supporting the Warriors, although you blokes don't make it easy because you lose so often. Didn't you get Phil Gould over there recently to set up your 'pathways', or something?

Anyway, I'm almost embarrassed to refer to DCE's field goal, the most obvious move in recent NRL history. However, seeing as you mentioned it...!

By the way, great credit to Tajhay for this. He suggests you all need to refresh your browser cache or visit incognito mode (his words not mine) and this will allow you all to see the magnificent Silvertails logo displayed prominently on your very own site.

Believe it or not, it's true.

The result of a friendly bet between forums on last weeks game.

Please check out the logo, and feel free to pop over to Silvertails to explain how much in awe of DCE you are.

I do apologise for Addin Fonua-Blake, meanwhile. He is a bloke we hated to lose, but he had been limping a little. I just hope you didn't pay too much for him.

Ps love Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, quite like Harris and even the injured Harris guy, I used to like your wingers but, well, when its over its over, lol

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
Hi to Warrior fans from a Sea eagle fan. If I didn't have a team I'd consider supporting the Warriors, although you blokes don't make it easy because you lose so often. Didn't you get Phil Gould over there recently to set up your 'pathways', or something?

Anyway, I'm almost embarrassed to refer to DCE's field goal, the most obvious move in recent NRL history. However, seeing as you mentioned it...!

By the way, great credit to Tajhay for this. He suggests you all need to refresh your browser cache or visit incognito mode (his words not mine) and this will allow you all to see the magnificent Silvertails logo displayed prominently on your very own site.

Believe it or not, it's true.

The result of a friendly bet between forums on last weeks game.

Please check out the logo, and feel free to pop over to Silvertails to explain how much in awe of DCE you are.

I do apologise for Addin Fonua-Blake, meanwhile. He is a bloke we hated to lose, but he had been limping a little. I just hope you didn't pay too much for him.

Ps love Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, quite like Harris and even the injured Harris guy, I used to like your wingers but, well, when its over its over, lol
Great post!!
Haven't been following Manly too much this year mate, how's their win / loss going??

SeaEagleRock8

Bird Gang Fan
Apr 13, 2021
We get Turbo back.
What I can't understand is why the Warriors can't grab some of the All-Blacks. There are some pretty handy players there, ruthless etc, can't you just offer them big money like a DCE contract or something and start the flow in the other direction?

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings