• B

• C

• F#@*!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
Fusitua hs more skill than ken but ken seems to put in a lot more effort. I would be more inclined to keep Ken over Fusitua because of that. Fusitua just seems to go through the motions, does his job but nothing extra If he had someone who set him up for tries like he used to have then he would probably put himself in the right place to get those tries because he knows they are coming, he isnt going to do a bunch of work in the hope something might happen.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
Who really gives a fuck if the team suffers, we aren’t winning anything with this mob. Also there was plenty made last year of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck sticking around despite being unhappy about it. Now he’s leaving the club a year before his contract ends - is that positive for team culture?
I guess my point is just that Fusitua or Ken leaving early shouldn’t be used to judge their commitment to the club. If Fusitua wanted to be there when his first child was born then there’s nothing soft about that, my personal view is that I reckon it’s fantastic.
See. My point about reasoning. At no stage was the conversation about commitment to the club... The question is does them leaving affect the team performance.

We aren't winning because we keep prioritising the wrong things. Individual performance, personal relationships etc.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
Its a tricky subject. Especially at workplaces. There’s maternity leave for wives (rightly so) and parternity leave for husbands. Sometimes people want to take additional unpaid leave. Management can’t say no or complain because it then becomes a PR nightmare but secretly everyone knows it’s a pain in the arse for the rest of the team to cover ....
Finally a reasoned answer. 100% agree. The problem is to be elite at anything, you must be willing to sacrifice everything.

As I've said, I've served with blokes who put family first. Guess what, they just weren't picked next rotation. Unfair? Sure was. Good for the team? Sure was.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
No, I don't lack basic reasoning. You said it isn't fair that the team culture will be affected them leaving. Now you're back pedaling and saying the team can suffer. But you said it's perfectly fine for Ken and Fusitua to leave, and perfectly fine for them to be judged, so I assume it's perfectly fine for me to judge your commentary on that and suggest putting a fickle sports team over your family is silly and to judge them negatively on that would be also be silly.
Jesus that's a mess.
1. It's unfair that making that decision affects the team
2. The team WILL suffer.
3. I'm not suggesting anything just pointing out reality.

Read what Beastmode wrote above. Just because you're entitled to something, doesn't mean everyone is going to be happy about it.

Reactions: jsmooove

pleatedpantspete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 9, 2012
It's not an assumption, just because you don't understand the psychology doesn't make it invalid.

Those two weren't the only ones with young families..

Perhaps reading about the concept would help you understand the point I'm trying to explain.

I would rather point you to the nearest dictionary definition of "assumption" - my only assumption is that you are not part of the warriors, so any speculation as to how players within that team were affected by players being able to return home would be purely an assumption - that's my basic reasoning.

pleatedpantspete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 9, 2012
Jesus that's a mess.
1. It's unfair that making that decision affects the team
2. The team WILL suffer.
3. I'm not suggesting anything just pointing out reality.

Read what Beastmode wrote above. Just because you're entitled to something, doesn't mean everyone is going to be happy about it.
If it's reality, you should be able to prove it? But you can't. In fact, nothing what you said was "reality", it was simply your opinion. Which you're allowed to have, but don't stand on a soap box and pretend you're spitting facts and try to belittle people for disagreeing with you.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Finally a reasoned answer. 100% agree. The problem is to be elite at anything, you must be willing to sacrifice everything.

As I've said, I've served with blokes who put family first. Guess what, they just weren't picked next rotation. Unfair? Sure was. Good for the team? Sure was.
Complete dribble. However clearly you and I have very different views on this topic so it’s pointless debating it.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
I would rather point you to the nearest dictionary definition of "assumption" - my only assumption is that you are not part of the warriors, so any speculation as to how players within that team were affected by players being able to return home would be purely an assumption - that's my basic reasoning.
How many studies on this topic have you read? How many elite level small teams have you been a part of?
Do the Warriors players play like they trust each other?

pleatedpantspete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 9, 2012
How many studies on this topic have you read? How many elite level small teams have you been a part of?
oh i'm sorry didn't realize there was any qualitative research that tested any hypothesis put forward by your studies that can confirm that Ken and Fusitua leaving the warriors during a 1 in a 100 year pandemic event backs up aforementioned theories. I thought were just debating opinions, but apparently your opinion is the only one that is reality.
Anyway, sorry my opinion is wrong and you are talking in facts. I look forward to your wikipedia article. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ken_and_fus_leaving_warriors_during_pandemic_bad_team_vibes_very_bad is my suggestion for the title.

pleatedpantspete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 9, 2012
Currently in a small elite team called people who are right on the internet. Its me and Mr. Brownstone, and as we speak we are sacrificing time away from our families to argue on the internet. It's a tough and thankless task.

Geoff Public

1000 Days in Oz Tour. See NRL.COM for venue dates
Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Auckland
US military studies have historically shown members of nuclear submarines to have the highest divorce rate. At the time the report was put out, it was also acknowledged they had the least family contact.
Also there's plenty of peer reviewed info showing Pasifika perform best when they have the support and influence of extended family.

Last edited:

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Who really gives a fuck if the team suffers, we aren’t winning anything with this mob. Also there was plenty made last year of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck sticking around despite being unhappy about it. Now he’s leaving the club a year before his contract ends - is that positive for team culture?
I guess my point is just that Fusitua or Ken leaving early shouldn’t be used to judge their commitment to the club. If Fusitua wanted to be there when his first child was born then there’s nothing soft about that, my personal view is that I reckon it’s fantastic.

To me Roger Tuivasa-Sheck came, saw and said fuck this im out.

Reactions: 3rdstriker

sballer7

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2015
Best game Manly have played in years.

Good experience for the Warriors, suck it up boys, you were out played tonight in a thriller by a banana skin side.

Shit happens, this is the NRL, team sixteen can on their day defeat team one. Deal with it.

No shame in that loss, that was a very hard and fast game of league.
No, just no...they were utterly horrendous. We were worse.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings