mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
NRL 2021 - Round 5 - Warriors vs Manly Post Match Discussion
New Zealand Warriors vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Manly 4.jpg

Thread to share your thoughts on the Round 5 game between the New Zealand Warriors and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles after the match. Name your Man of the Match, discuss the coach, captain, starting team, bench, opposition, game tactics, substitutions, errors (or lack thereof), penalties (or lack thereof) highs, lows, refs etc.

Dont forget to rate the players...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Any forum newbies want to lay into 'pessimistic' supporters for identifying some of the weaknesses that they saw as evident now??

I only watched the second half, but we looked clueless with the ball against a very defensively weak team with a strong wind behind us. In addition we looked as dumb as a box of hammers. Decision after decision showed a lack of game awareness.

danyooll

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 17, 2014
I hate that this was coming.

Manly really turned up for this one. High energy from the warriors, but we can’t hold on to the ball anymore?

Also barely any six again calls to us that second half.

Whatever. Onto next week.

Attachments

• 7E2BE04D-FE41-46A1-A985-8134A1FDB30B.jpeg
    7E2BE04D-FE41-46A1-A985-8134A1FDB30B.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 32

The crow

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 22, 2020
Absolute garbage. Piss weak play by a pack of piss weak players. Dumb as dog shit, incapable of any form of creative play. That's the season written off for me. Fuckin trash. What sort of play is this running around in circle until you figure out the pack of halfwits on your team are too fucking thick to do anything other than watch you make another nothing play. So much for all the pre season optimism. Lower the bar boys. Same old useless, gutless, clueless warriors.

*I remain a die hard fan.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
DCE a Warriors heartbreaker. Warriors were dumb with the posession and didnt deserve it.

But wow the crowd support in Gosford. I reckon there might be more NZRL support in Aus. Either way Mt Smart is a joke of a location.

Damn you DCE, that was so obvious, Warriors could have shut down the clock better as well. Oh well, need to loose to the bottom to be humbled. What now Brown? How many seasons does Brown get? Supposedly if you dont perform you are axed. Is that Coach too?

Reactions: TheSultan and demco

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Yeah it’s early in the season but I might need a sabbatical already, after the last 2 weeks performances and the horror injury run I can’t see it being a good year.
Just too frustrated with these wankers

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
I cant get my head around why we played expansive footy for the first time in 6 years against a team who we needed to just complete sets against? I thought that was our bread and butter especially with new players in the team?

I mean it is what it is but gee to lose against a team like that is incredibly shocking. Manly were absolute horse shit

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
DCE a Warriors heartbreaker. Warriors were dumb with the posession and didnt deserve it.

But wow the crowd support in Gosford. I reckon there might be more NZRL support in Aus. Either way Mt Smart is a joke of a location.

Damn you DCE, that was so obvious, Warriors could have shut down the clock better as well. Oh well, need to loose to the bottom to be humbled. What now Brown? How many seasons does Brown get? Supposedly if you dont perform you are axed. Is that Coach too?

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Pretty sure I'm already at the point of not really wanting to watch us play again. Losing is one thing, but these last two games have been an utter slog to get through. 90% of them are either garbage or look like they don't want to be there.

Player of the game is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck's butthole tearing tackle on Walker.

I'm not giving it to any actual player after the miserable 80 minutes we just sat through.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings