General NRL 2021 Round 5 - General Discussion

Intersting to see what Griffin gets out of him. Ok moving clubs will improve his motivation but it will still be interestign to see.

Griffin seems to be getting some good work out of McCullough.

I was picking the Dragons to struggle. Sure still early days but they are going well.
He got a bit out of Hunt too before injury. All players he had at the broncos.

Reactions: snake77
The change of scenary has probably helped Papali'i along with the motivatiob of not being wanted.

A new coach could of helped with the motivational part.

He looks more mobile this year. There was always a lot of talk on his fitness when he was coming through the grades. He looks fit now. Got mobility to play on the edge, does a lot of clean up work. Looks like he has a big motor on him.

We do have a better forward pack now. Still a shame they couldn't have got the best out of him, having this version along with Addin Fonua-Blake and Ben Murdoch-Masila would of been great.
Yeah I do not think it is the Warriors fault.

Paasi came back a much better player from the Titans, he said it would never have happened for if he didn't leave Auckland and get away from all the bad habits.

All thee guys need to get away from their families and friends and get some in the deep end life experience.

Yeah I do not think it is the Warriors fault.

Paasi came back a much better player from the Titans, he said it would never have happened for if he didn't leave Auckland and get away from all the bad habits.

All thee guys need to get away from their families and friends and get some in the deep end life experience.

Why doesn't this apply to other clubs?

Reactions: Beastmode

Beastmode

Today is a good day ☀️
Contributor
It will take a real life coaching and player miracle.

At lest we watched this game and wont be posting smack about this is a must win, its only the Dragons etc etc etc.

Yes, watching this game has truly humbled my opinion of the dragons

I thought they were trash

I was wrong

Reactions: Sup42
This is about the lowest we can get in the bipolar cycle, it can only get better with the addition of Bunty and Aitkin, win a tight one next week and we're back in the hunt, followed by a stunning comeback victory over Melbourne orchestrated by the new Sam Walker, Reece Walsh and the new Kodi, Turner. After that it's back to sack the coach and beg Morris and Shaun Johnson to save us, I'm not too worried about Fusitua, he'll come good under the new coach.

Reactions: The Falcon

Stalefish540

Contributor
This is about the lowest we can get in the bipolar cycle, it can only get better with the addition of Bunty and Aitkin, win a tight one next week and we're back in the hunt, followed by a stunning comeback victory over Melbourne orchestrated by the new Sam Walker, Reece Walsh and the new Kodi, Turner. After that it's back to sack the coach and beg Morris and Shaun Johnson to save us, I'm not too worried about Fusitua, he'll come good under the new coach.
Aitken is said to be round 9-11, that's a fair way off yet.

Why doesn't this apply to other clubs?
Because young players in Australia are bred in a semi professional schools system that is ultra competitive and they are cultured into the game in a way that does not exist in NZ.
Also their scouts take an equal interests in footballers vs athletes....but to be fair they have footballers to choose from...the depth here is really poor.

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Because young players in Australia are bred in a semi professional schools system that is ultra competitive and they are cultured into the game in a way that does not exist in NZ.
Also their scouts take an equal interests in footballers vs athletes....but to be fair they have footballers to choose from...the depth here is really poor.
This is where Gould steps in.
We might get some traction in this area over the next decade.

Beastmode

Today is a good day ☀️
Contributor
This is where Gould steps in.
We might get some traction in this area over the next decade.
Steps in and does what exactly ? Set up a professional school system ? Good luck with that.

We all know the problem.

How is Gould expected to change the mindset engrained in our culture here? He can come and preach on what works in the Aussie system. But we’re not Aussies. We’re kiwis. There’s a difference. He’s also coming as a director/ advisory role which to me, just means he’s going to rant and rave like he does in the commentary box, except we are paying him for it. Where is Gould right now anyway? Is he even based here or is he in Sydney and works via ZOOM / teleconference? Theres been very little context shared on what his role is as a Director for the Warriors. What’s the plan Gus? I don’t have a decade to wait for something to happen

he was impressive again tonight

15 hit ups for 150M + 1 try

71M post contact meters. Highest in the pack. Highest fantasy points.

42 tackles. 1 miss.

I dont recall ever seeing stats like this

I never wanted him to go. He started showing some starch in his runs & dee once Kearney left. A shame to lose a young fulla like that. Oh well....

We didn't really lose him though did we? We let him go..

Reactions: Big_Fattz