Team List NRL 2021 Round 4 - Roosters vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
Evans played 1 game for the Dolphins and made 50m....he’s hardly screaming out to be picked for first grade with those stats!!!
Reading the roosters forum, some were asking why Evans hasn’t debuted for us yet, as he was picked a while ago to be the next big thing?

Someone replied he is certainly athletic but doesn’t have the ticker!

Might explain why he’s still regarded as a bench player even when he’s 100%

Reactions: jsmooove

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
He is ahead of him. Evans has been healthy for the last month - if he was playing well enough he would’ve been brought in by now.
Nathan Brown stated he wouldn’t be available for selection until round 3 or 4 (now basically) due to coming back from an off season injury and shortened pre season

Reactions: Sup42

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Evans played 1 game for the Dolphins and made 50m....he’s hardly screaming out to be picked for first grade with those stats!!!
He also had 3 tackle breaks, 2 off loads, and 18 tackles with no misses. It was a solid first outing for a guy working his way back to full fitness. He will play a part at some point. It’s good depth to have him, Ale, and JTB not in the side at the moment

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Nathan Brown stated he wouldn’t be available for selection until round 3 or 4 (now basically) due to coming back from an off season injury and shortened pre season
When did he say about what round he wouldn’t be considered for selection until? I was aware he had a shortened preseason cause of an injury.

Regardless, Bunty is still ahead of him in the pecking order as of right now.

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
When did he say about what round he wouldn’t be considered for selection until? I was aware he had a shortened preseason cause of an injury.

Regardless, Bunty is still ahead of him in the pecking order as of right now.
It was in one of the early season interviews. At the time he also mentioned how well Ale has been going, and said something along the lines of he was the best player on the park in the Redcliffe trial

Reactions: Barty and Sup42

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2016
As fans we have to keep our expectations realistic, new coach and support staff obviously new team recruitment and a number of injuries.

The Roosters also down on players but you would think better proven systems and core players know each others traits. A good chance for us, that they are forced to blood a couple of new players. We match them in the forwards, and our halves should have the advantage. Centre is where we are behind, so will be interesting, we need our wingers to rediscover their form and Roger to have another cracker of a game.
Warriors by 12 or under.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
It was in one of the early season interviews. At the time he also mentioned how well Ale has been going, and said something along the lines of he was the best player on the park in the Redcliffe trial
Yeah just going off the stats and highlight reels from QLD cup and being named more often in the 22, I think Ale gets a shot before Evans.

I get that he had injury niggles and missed preseason time, but 50 odd meters in reserve grade is pretty embarrasing for an established first grade prop.

For context, our 18 year old junior Lingi Kepu (prop for our SG ball team last year) ran for double those meters on the weekend for the Dolphins in QLD cup.

Bunty has well and truly moved past him. I hope that Evans can get some match fitness and put together some good form for the Dolphins, because we need some competition for jerseys.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Yeah just going off the stats and highlight reels from QLD cup and being named more often in the 22, I think Ale gets a shot before Evans.

I get that he had injury niggles and missed preseason time, but 50 odd meters in reserve grade is pretty embarrasing for an established first grade prop.

For context, our 18 year old junior Lingi Kepu (prop for our SG ball team last year) ran for double those meters on the weekend for the Dolphins in QLD cup.

Bunty has well and truly moved past him. I hope that Evans can get some match fitness and put together some good form for the Dolphins, because we need some competition for jerseys.
I will be pretty pissed off if the Warriors plan was to spend cap on a regular NRL player to sit behind a untried noob,
I cannot see it.

I know people like their guys with potential but come on, Evans is a regular first grader and an international.

Last edited:

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Apparently KenM has been playing with a sternum injury , probably why he hasn't been as aggressive

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
I will be pretty pissed off if the Warriors plan was to spend cap on a regular NRL player to sit behind a untried noob,
I cannot see it.

I know people like their guys with potential but come on, Evans is a regular first grader and an international.
.... who has been playing shit in recent weeks (you left that part out). Why would anyone pick him?

Sends the wrong message to this “untried noob” who has by far outplayed him

But your right, let’s just pick players based on past achievements and reputation. What could go wrong.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
.... who has been playing shit in recent weeks (you left that part out). Why would anyone pick him?

Sends the wrong message to this “untried noob” who has by far outplayed him

But your right, let’s just pick players based on past achievements and reputation. What could go wrong.
You left out the part where Evans is coming back from injury....to use your logic half the experienced NRL players would still be on the sideline.

I get it you like Ale and dislike Evans as a signing.

Imagine the revolving door if players were pricked week by week on 'form' in the reggies....potential.

Evans deserves his chance to prove himself when it comes and yes if it is between a regular NRL player and a nobody, all professional sports teams will give the regular experienced guy a run first.....especially a newly paid for player from another NRL club, that guy is going to get the benefit of the doubt or why buy him in the first place????????

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Frank White

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
You left out the part where Evans is coming back from injury....to use your logic half the experienced NRL players would still be on the sideline.

Imagine the revolving door if players were pricked week by week on 'form' in the reggies....potential.

Evans deserves his chance to prove himself when it comes and yes if it is between a regular NRL player and a nobody, all professional sports teams will give the regular experienced guy a run first.....especially a newly paid for player from another NRL club, that guy is going to get the benefit of the doubt or why buy him in the first place????????

Ale has potential, which by definition means he hasn't done anything yet, in the Cricketing parlance, Evans has the runs on the board. Ale will get his chance.

Reactions: Mr Frank White

Barty

Warriors Bench Player
Sep 29, 2020
I heard the same interview.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013

Brown reported it as a niggly injury (not serious) and he’s been heathy for over a month now regardless (played in the Titans trial), plenty of time to get match fitness back.

Revolving door? That’s just professional sports. If you’re not performing well enough, you get dropped. Injury or no injury.

Tbh i don’t really give a fuck if he’s an international or newly signed player. How many times have we seen a newly signed player drop form after they’ve just collected a cheque.

I agree that Evans deserves his chance, but not if he’s putting together performances like his last one for the Dolphins. He needs to show some form first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly Sea Eagles

Last Game

02 May

24 - 20
6.5 Total Avg Rating
7.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 23 ratings