Team List NRL 2021 Round 4 - Roosters vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nangsy

Nangsy

He rates the guy i guess.
Maybe its just experience more than anything.
Thinks he can do the job.
He’s proven time and time again he’s a ressie, couldn’t even get over Kerod Holland

ja_weez

ja_weez

The only game I've really watched of Montoya was the trial match where he had a pretty average turn out and didn't inspire confidence under the high ball. I also really liked what I saw from Hayze at centre last year.
Looking into the stats you can understand why he gets picked over Hayze. He has played 54 NRL games vs. 9 for Hayze. The guy has been around a little bit. He also scored 12 tries in 18 games in his debut season so there was some potential at some stage. Also hard to look good as an outside back when your team is struggling and has rubbish halves for most years you've played.
Basically, I'll give him benefit of the doubt until he plays. I hope he does well

mrblonde

mrblonde

If our new crew say Montoya (cracking name....) is the next best then who are we to argue, I’m enjoying having faith in the management, coach and recruitment to do as they fkn well please - it’s worked well so far and we can now return to just being fans 😂
If I was a Mod here, I'd be sending a written warning your way. This positivity shit ain't how we roll and your attitude could ruin what has been built so carefully here over the years: The sacred right to call for demotions/sackings,burnings/killings at the slightest provocation and also having the Safety Card of "Hey, I got it wrong, but I'm just a fan, man, ease off!" if our calls for those things doesn't work out as we intended. A Forummer on here is not meant to have faith in anything except the fact that He/She Is Right And Everyone Who Disagrees Is Just Dumb.

On Montoya. I can totally see the logic - and I'm not saying at all that it's being applied by the Warriors here - of "Well, he's part of the Top 30, he's fit and available, let's see what he can do." Why sign a player for - to use NRL Fantasy as a guide - $228k and have him in your 21 and never ever play him? I forgot how many seasons he's signed for but if Marcelo gets given the opportunity/ies to prove himself and proves himself to be pants, he gets moved on, he was never one of The Major 2021 Signings so there can't be much money committed....Maybe he becomes one of the 3 Failed HIAs 18th Men if nothing else. One game sitting on the bench twiddling his thumbs in the NRL (if history is any guide regarding 3 failed HIAs for the same team in the one game), the rest of the season playing for the Dolphins if they want him.

Orifice

Orifice

Cant lie, my gut reaction is that Montoya will lose us the game. Bulldogs fans were jumping for joy when he left, which says a lot.

Who knows though. George Jennings was reviled by the Eels fans, but went okay for us.

Very interested in seeing how Sean O'Sullivan does in a more ‘normal’ game than the Raiders one. Super impressed with his kicking game and it seems he’s got more potential than I thought prior to his debut
As if a young Centre/Wing was the problem at the dogs, they would of been looking for scapegoats and he was an easy fall guy. We know these plays all to well when things are going wrong at a club, but a lot of players also find thier groove when out of thier normal environment so let's back the guy I say.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Congrats on your debut Monty, finally some wheels to help Rog and Bunty chase down the middle-aged twins. It'll be tougher than last week, can't see Sean getting half the team to knock each other out two weeks in a row, perish the thought.

Looking forward to seeing old man JWH get bullied, I'd have said we're no chance before our attack opened up last week against the cripples, now who knows. O'Sullivan to control field position while Kodi sets up the breaks, Let's Gone!!!

the borg

Best chance well get to grab 2pts off the chooks with their injuries I reckon. Mind you the rorters can still field a strong team but our forwards should have the edge. Hope our backs dont play like turnstiles.. let's gone..

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Everybody happy about the win against Canberra, exciting game where both teams came out with a lot of credit. Too much has been made of that pass with the bottom line they had the Raiders going backwards and would have won in all likelihood if it had not been awarded.

For me what came out of that game and has to be addressed is the team's completion rate, which I believe dropped into the mid 70%s. They will not beat the Roosters giving that much possession away. If all players do the core roles of their position and team get their completions higher with field position they will be tough to beat.

wizards rage

wizards rage

Everybody happy about the win against Canberra, exciting game where both teams came out with a lot of credit. Too much has been made of that pass with the bottom line they had the Raiders going backwards and would have won in all likelihood if it had not been awarded.

For me what came out of that game and has to be addressed is the team's completion rate, which I believe dropped into the mid 70%s. They will not beat the Roosters giving that much possession away. If all players do the core roles of their position and team get their completions higher with field position they will be tough to beat.
Different styles - if we’re going for 16 points in attack and trusting our defence, we need high completion.

If we’re going for 30 points in attack, or chasing a game, lower completions is to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.