Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
So why we're they constatntly able to commit 3 to the tackle? Less to do with the ref and more about our lack of variations.
One of our coaches after the game said our tactics was to put 2 in the tackle with the game being faster. It was a clash of tactics that failed for us. He said they would need to relook at it going forward.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
We had our chances, if Nikorima scores from the Roger Tuivasa-Sheck break early on I think we are a good chance but when they kept repelling us our confidence dropped I reckon.
yep if kodi even put a small grubber in, could have changed it then again if Ken did't put his hand on the line when scoring,

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
Last nights stats from NRL.com

Attachments

• 504CBA3A-1FA6-448C-A0A3-3A56FEB02B17.png
    504CBA3A-1FA6-448C-A0A3-3A56FEB02B17.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: Worried2Death

danyooll

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 17, 2014
It’s obvious that we are going to be fighting for 8th spot this year.

I wonder what our next 3-5 years are looking like.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
That referee as some one posted 10 six agains to Roosters 2 to us.

The possession was too much Roosters too little Warriors.

You cant compete without the ball.
Can we stop blaming the ref. An even penalty count doesn't mean a good reffing display. If anything it means a poor one unless both teams seem to be exactly balance.

Roosters were fast and energetic so it is hardly suprising they got more 6 agains. They earnt it!

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
One of our coaches after the game said our tactics was to put 2 in the tackle with the game being faster. It was a clash of tactics that failed for us. He said they would need to relook at it going forward.
Tbh looking at our draw i think the next several weeks are going to be pretty good for us, however if we think the same tactics we'll roll out against the Cowboys or Bronco's and co will do us the job against Melbourne or Roosters......we'll never progress past mid table.

Seems to be a theme of satisfaction that at least we're better than Manly, Cowboys blah blah......hopefully thats not the yardstick Brownie and co are aiming for.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
With Tupou making a beeline from his wing, I don’t know why he didn’t head for that corner instead of heading for the posts. Easier said than done at full speed id imagine.
With Tupou covering hard if Kodi had managed to drop Roger back on the inside it was over rover, Tupou wouldntve been able to recover......but as u say split second stuff at full tit......not easy.

Kodi been getting a bit of greif for not scoring but he commited for the line, just got run down by a couple of experienced wingers who saw the danger early and reacted fast enough to shut it down.

Remember thinking at the time......i wonder if Ken and Fusitua wouldve had the intuition to see the play unfolding early like Morris and Tupou did and react accordingly.......somehow i dont think they wouldve even been in the picture.

Last edited:

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Everyone writing off Manly next week has me worried.

Really worried

They lost to panthers, roosters, rabbits and dragons.

They could be the game that kicks starts their season

Add to that we have a 5 day turn around, are walking wounded, and probably quite fatigued after that game.

If I was a Manly fan, I'd be feeling a hell of a lot more confident than I was yesterday morning

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Don‘t believe dropping Fusitua or Ken as a kick up the backside is going to make a difference. These guys just aren’t equipped to handle the way the game is being played by the top half dozen sides in the comp.

If not for lengthy contracts I could see them both playing Super League, the gap between what these guys bring and what‘s required now from wingers is only getting wider.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Geez alot of your posts on here are heavily slanted in the negative/i know everything about every up and coming player but damn youve gone and thrown the baby out with the bath water on this latest one.

“Literally bad in every single aspect”....seriously calm it down bro. We were soundly beaten by a team stacked with class who despite their injury toll have a roster half the comp would dream of having. They dominated all aspects and to have a chance against sides like the Roosters you have to be pretty much perfect...tonight we werent.

Throwing out the “we are shit” shit is so OTT. I get the frustration but damn son walk away from the edge...its not like we lost to the Cowboys or Dogs...its the bloody Roosters
Yeah and all your posts lately are all "stop commenting bad things about my favourite players, all the pessimism on this forum is affecting me, I'm happy with being mediocre blah blah".

Fair enough if you want to keep the rose tinted glasses on, but if you get so easily triggered by reading a negative opinion about this team then i suggest staying off the forum.

And we were bad in every aspect. I don't what know what game you were watching. Every team in the eight would've beaten that Roosters side, stop putting them on a pedestal. But oh well at least we're not the Cowboys aye.

Reactions: Mr Brownstone

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings