General NRL 2021 Round 3 - General Discussion

Miket12

Miket12

The Bulldogs will now probably score two converted tries to prolong the agony and send the game into Golden Point.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

If I'm young Burton from the Panthers, I'm doing everything I can to get out of my contract with the doggies.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

JaggedJ

Bottom 5 teams look like genuine bottom 5 teams even this early in the season.

Reactions: 4 users
Warrior#214

Warrior#214

Enjoy the win Broncs - might be a while before the next one.

Broncos Next 5 Games
Melbourne
South Sydney
Penrith
Parramatta
Gold Coast

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
snake77

snake77

That Broncos vs Bulldogs was like watching the bottom sides when it was a 20 team comp.

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

What a load of shit the challenge is. Ref says all good and is only 2 mtrs away from the action but the 3rd ref reckons a penalty

What ever happened to the ref is the sole judge of time and law.

Reactions: 1 user
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

SACK BROWN.
Contributor
It would seem with the new speed of the game, it will be whoever can name 17 fit players for the grand final gets the trophy.

Reactions: 3 users
shuffle

shuffle

Does anyone reckon with the game speeding up it just increases the injuries? If it’s going to be this fast I think they need to increase the top 30 and maybe the salary cap.

Reactions: 3 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Does anyone reckon with the game speeding up it just increases the injuries? If it’s going to be this fast I think they need to increase the top 30 and maybe the salary cap.
Always lots of injuries early in the season. I recall there was a report on it a while ago and the first few rounds produced the most injuries every season.

Reactions: 2 users
Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
They should have 1 or 2 reserve subs for injuries.

drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Oke of those Eels tries I thought was offside because of the possession change.

I do not understand offside.

wizards rage

wizards rage

But if a worry for the people running the game with all the injuries. The speed of the game have resulted in more minutes played, therefore more contact, more fatigue and more injuries.

It’s all good protecting people from ‘possible’ long term affects with a HIA. But the Raiders had 2 ruled out and the Sharks had 3. They had people with significant ‘real’ injuries unable to come off due to the HIA which could potentially make those injuries worse.

It could also be argued the matches were decided by who had the most subs available rather than which team was better.

I think they need to look at the AFL where you can bring in a replacement for HIA.

PhilsySH35

But if a worry for the people running the game with all the injuries. The speed of the game have resulted in more minutes played, therefore more contact, more fatigue and more injuries.

It’s all good protecting people from ‘possible’ long term affects with a HIA. But the Raiders had 2 ruled out and the Sharks had 3. They had people with significant ‘real’ injuries unable to come off due to the HIA which could potentially make those injuries worse.

It could also be argued the matches were decided by who had the most subs available rather than which team was better.

I think they need to look at the AFL where you can bring in a replacement for HIA.
Agree, I've never seen so many injuries (serious ones at that) at the beginning of a season. The extra scums in 2020 gave players a breather, so less fatigue, leading to less injuries - I think there was a better balance all round, hope they find a solution before someone gets really hurt. On another note what the heck is with Papalii, he is playing like I wanted him to play at the Warriors - he's amazing, doing his core duties nothing less, nothing more, he's a machne! W.T.Fudge!!!!!

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

SACK BROWN.
Contributor
Without Best's individual brilliance last week we probably win given how lacklustre Knights attack looks atm.

Reactions: 6 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

SACK BROWN.
Contributor
Oh shit, i've coach couched them into action. Here they come.

• Haha