• A

• B

• C

• D

• F----

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

We were defeated by a good team that played well for the win. Despite that Warriors went very close to winning it. It is pointless to blame players, they do not make mistakes deliberately, rather lets look at solutions to add to the performance so narrow losses become wins.

I think everyone agrees the Halves need to rethink their tactics and style, to me they are not direct enough and crab across field. That has the effect of seeing the whole backline start going lateral. Secondly a bit more variation, running (Kodi) and wider, earlier ball.

The other thing I would try is when on attack, swapping Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Fusitua on occasion, a bigger body with a better passing skillset. Not a permanent thing, just a different tactic for the other team to think about.

Reactions: 5 users

Dunedin warrior

Disappointed that we didn’t close the game out in the last 10 minutes but reasonably happy with the game in general. A few mistakes let us down but the Knights were mostly error free and Best made a couple big plays that were the difference in the end.

We still scored three tries and the defensive structure was mostly sound. Work to be done on our attack, but I thought there was improvement on the week before. Ben Murdoch-Masila managed to get through more work than I expected from him which was a bonus.

I think we are on the right path, but it’s going to take some time to get there.

Reactions: 6 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Anyone know if the Dolphins game is watchable somewhere today besides in the flesh?

Reactions: 1 users
Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon

The forwards won their battle, the halves were garbage and the mistakes just put more pressure on the defense. We should of improved from last week, but we went backwards. All blame is on the coach and we have to be better than the Titans game to beat the Raiders, that's all 🤣

wizards rage

wizards rage

The forwards won their battle, the halves were garbage and the mistakes just put more pressure on the defense. We should of improved from last week, but we went backwards. All blame is on the coach and we have to be better than the Titans game to beat the Raiders, that's all 🤣
Full credit to Newcastle. They manned up, were in our face in defence, didn’t miss any tackles and Pearce controlled the territory.

They took our time and space away and our attack suffered.

Having said that, we targeted Pearce and put him under pressure every time he had the ball. He just handled it and our halves with less pressure didn’t.

Lance155

Lance155

Would love to know how many touches our wingers and centres got that wasn't a hit up. Felt like we never spread it. I need to stop watching other games because it is depressing watching everyone else have a go...even the broncos!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

warriorsfan92

Not blaming ref but there were two significant moments that lead to knights tries that should’ve been our penalties. Fusitua was taken in the air, and kodi was taken out light - both lead to tries.

however, there’s no point having a beast pack (which won the forwards battle), when our half’s cannot execute when given prime position to do so. Our 5th option kicks look panicky, and no real structure. The one time we gave the ball some air, ken scored off a beautiful set play. Otherwise it’s a kick to the 10m & hope they make an error. That’s not sustainable & teams will pick up on this.

the Chanel Harris-Tavita/kodi combo will improve, and its a case of there’s no other options currently so we will need to persist and hope they improve. But I think our target needs to be a half, and depth of hooker. I’m actually happy with what Egan provides however if he goes down we’re stuffed. Roger has been fantastic in his defence and bomb refusal - top class, but he doesn’t create or have a good catch/pass to create space.

we could’ve won that one, but we cannot execute.

Reactions: 7 users
Noitall

Noitall

I actually didn’t think their halves outplayed ours really apart from a Pearce bomb that caused a mistake. Chanel Harris-Tavita didn’t get carved up by Pearce with CHTs 20 tackles to Pearces 23, Chanel Harris-Tavita had 44 run metres and 17 post contact to Pearces 16 run metres and 4 post contact. Nikorima opposed a relatively young half in Crossland with 13 Nikorima tackles to 24 from Crossland, 7 run metres and 1 post contact for Nikorima opposed to 14 run metres and 5 post contact for Crossland.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Makasene

Makasene

It is tough to accept a loss like that. When you lead an NRL match with 5 mins to go, you simply must go on and win.

That being said, there was a lot to like about that performance - 10 times the team wheeled out 2012 - 2017.

That performance was pretty typical of a team vying for 7th / 8th spot which we all should realise is our ceiling this year.

I suspect there will not be room in the 8 for all of Knights / Warriors / Titans and so I see it as quite a critical loss

Reactions: 9 users
Fonzie

Fonzie

I actually didn’t think their halves outplayed ours really apart from a Pearce bomb that caused a mistake. Chanel Harris-Tavita didn’t get carved up by Pearce with CHTs 20 tackles to Pearces 23, Chanel Harris-Tavita had 44 run metres and 17 post contact to Pearces 16 run metres and 4 post contact. Nikorima opposed a relatively young half in Crossland with 13 Nikorima tackles to 24 from Crossland, 7 run metres and 1 post contact for Nikorima opposed to 14 run metres and 5 post contact for Crossland.
Now compare missed tackles

Makasene

Makasene

And I think Roger Tuivasa-Sheck touches the ball too much as he has no distribution skills what so ever.

I love Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and his importance to our club the last few years cannot be underestimated.

However, since the announcement I have had nothing but joy thinking about where we could redirect that money

His support play is totally missing which kills us week after week. You watch CNK or even McKinnon back in the day, sprinting past the tackled man on the off chance of an offload...

Reactions: 13 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
I love Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and his importance to our club the last few years cannot be underestimated.

However, since the announcement I have had nothing but joy thinking about where we could redirect that money

His support play is totally missing which kills us week after week. You watch CNK or even McKinnon back in the day, sprinting past the tackled man on the off chance of an offload...
It's pretty much as though we coached it out of him. Go watch his Roosters highlights, it's night and day.

Reactions: 5 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

i do agree. He is quite a one dimensional fullback.

he makes a few good half breaks but he’s not the type that creates opportunities

if I looked at Tedesco and Tommy Turbo those 2 are capable of breaking the game wide open

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck does his nice little shimmy step but how effective is it really?...

if we held on for 5 more mins the narrative in this thread would be so much different

Reactions: 7 users
Noitall

Noitall

Now compare missed tackles
5 missed tackles from Chanel Harris-Tavita is poor but 5 missed tackles from Sironen is unacceptable for a back rower. Perhaps it’s coming to terms with a new set up since Frizzell missed 3 for the knights, 3 for Hiku too. For me Murchie starts and Sironen either drops to extended bench or replaces Tevaga. Brailey and Egan top tackles with 61 and 55. Nikorima had more kick metres than Pearce though not sure if he kicked more times.

Reactions: 4 users
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Did anyone on here go to the game????

2 reason's why I'm asking.
1 when jazz did the knee thing Chanel Harris-Tavita and JAZZ both said there was an elbow thrown.

2 it sounded through the telly like it was a knights home game, all I heard was the knights chant.

Reactions: 2 users
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Would love to know how many touches our wingers and centres got that wasn't a hit up. Felt like we never spread it. I need to stop watching other games because it is depressing watching everyone else have a go...even the broncos!
I recall Fusitua getting a ball from Roger Tuivasa-Sheck right on the sideline... which also came with 3 Knights defenders who threw him over the sideline whilst Roger Tuivasa-Sheck stood their watching.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brownstone

I went cold on Roger Tuivasa-Sheck last year, however never been a big fan. He’s possibly the most overhyped player in the NRL. These days I’d rank him about 9th for fullbacks.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

Forgot to mention, its been 2 rounds but I have already had my full of the biased Australian commentary.
By Australian commentary I think you mean Brandy & Blocka? Those two are bloody painful pointing out our faults over and over ad-nauseam. Especially on kicks and last play options or those ‘jazz’ brain fart moments..

Really annoying but at the same time a reflection of the things we REALLY need to work on that have carried over from past few seasons like a rash that won’t go away!

Reactions: 2 users