General NRL 2021 Round 15 - General Discussion

Silvertails

Silvertails

814.jpg
Harmless27 - silvertails.net

Ok - I admit i watch VERY few games other than Manly.... so this is only a semi-informed post.

But with the news today of Dallin Watene-Zelezniak moving to the warriors, have we gotten a little lucky?

We still have to play the Dogs twice - but I fully expect us to beat them on both occasions regardless of Dallin Watene-Zelezniak being available.

More interestingly - the Warriors will theoretically improve with this inclusion (yes, no?) And they play a LOT of the teams around and in front of us over the coming months. Could the Warriors signing help them improve? Will it benefit us?

interested to hear rom the Warriors fans/watchers here...

Reactions: 1 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

814.jpg
Harmless27 - silvertails.net

Ok - I admit i watch VERY few games other than Manly.... so this is only a semi-informed post.

But with the news today of Dallin Watene-Zelezniak moving to the warriors, have we gotten a little lucky?

We still have to play the Dogs twice - but I fully expect us to beat them on both occasions regardless of Dallin Watene-Zelezniak being available.

More interestingly - the Warriors will theoretically improve with this inclusion (yes, no?) And they play a LOT of the teams around and in front of us over the coming months. Could the Warriors signing help them improve? Will it benefit us?

interested to hear rom the Warriors fans/watchers here...

Effectively Dallin replaces Ken and adds a bit of speed and fullback cover, we still need a gun half signing to make the 8 I reckon, a DCE would take us next level. You'll put 100 on the doggies twice.

BroncosHQ

BroncosHQ

8536.jpg
Super Freak - broncoshq.com

Disco - silvertails.net

Bronco's fans what do we think of the Ikin appointment?

Shame to lose him from 360

He’s a smart guy that knows his shit. It's a good appointment.

1412667335.png

BroncosHQ

BroncosHQ

1976.jpg
Nashy - broncoshq.com

Disco - silvertails.net

Bronco's fans what do we think of the Ikin appointment?

Shame to lose him from 360

Can't be worse than Nolan

My dog and I take full responsibility for annoying Mr Fourex.

BroncosHQ

BroncosHQ

1973.jpg
mrslong - broncoshq.com

A good hiring.
Need a level head that isn’t in the pockets of player managers. Hopefully it works out, but if it doesn’t he can be sacked lol.

come-along-borts-mrs-long-png.2548

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

Cowboys

Cowboys

Stampede
1133.jpg
Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au

8536.jpg
Super Freak - broncoshq.com

Where are all of the crowing Titans fans now?

1412667335.png

Surfing :)

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Scott 'Drinky' Drinkwater

Silvertails

Silvertails

3558.jpg
globaleagle - silvertails.net

Are we having a cross forum for SOO II?

Or are passions too high for that one?

@Dan

Silvertails

Silvertails

2.jpg
Dan - silvertails.net

@Dan
I'm happy to leave this running but I'll check with the others

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Silvertails

Silvertails

25631.jpg
Woodsie - silvertails.net

J_P - nzwarriors.com

Broncos having a clean out

They already have .. 9 of their ex-players are playing SOO this weekend ... Haaahaaahabbaa

Proud member of the PPC since September 2018

• Haha
BroncosHQ

BroncosHQ

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

3558.jpg
globaleagle - silvertails.net

@Dan

I think replace high with low. The feeling I get on our boards is nowhere near as many as usual are really all that overly interested in it. The state of the game and Broncos has made a lot of us not really care about league this year and Vlandys is killing the game. I for one will not watch another non-Broncos game until the amateurish spontaneous rule changes and incompetence is either reduced or preferably gone.

Silvertails

Silvertails

27881.jpg
ManEagle - silvertails.net

The stampede fellas have gone a bit quiet these past few weeks , are they still doing the cross chat or was the combined Manly Blues of 100 to 24, 1/2 of which was in Townsville still have them shell shocked.

Cowboys

Cowboys

Stampede
1133.jpg

Gordie is furious.

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

J_P

Not sure which thread to put it in but feels appropriate in here with the cross forum members. Why are all big NRL games i.e Grand final, state of origin etc always on a work night 😡.
Is it an Aussie thing? 😃.
Why can't they follow every other major sports format of doing it on a Friday or Saturday night?

Silvertails

Silvertails

2.jpg
Dan - silvertails.net

J_P - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 1,145

Not sure which thread to put it in but feels appropriate in here with the cross forum members. Why are all big NRL games i.e Grand final, state of origin etc always on a work night 😡.
Is it an Aussie thing? 😃.
Why can't they follow every other major sports format of doing it on a Friday or Saturday night?

It's mainly because The NRL are completely and utterly out of touch with their fan base.

Started with horsey and the night time grand finals and choosing to alienate kids from being able to watch.
Greenburg proved it with his "Major stadia" strategy that was completely out of touch with the actual geography of the city where most games are, Sydney, not understanding "as the crow flies" and driving on Sydney roads are two different things
He compounded that by putting games on Thursday nights and wondering why people didn't show up, mate like eff I want to try and get back from work and then to a game by 6:30 at night, I am lucky if I am anywhere near home by that time.

Vlandy's has really sealed the notion with his current idea of "fans want a faster higher scoring game" and the rest of his rule tweaks.

It's pretty simple, they don't care about the fans, don't understand that the game is as much about the fans as anyone else, and without them they have no game at all.

/rant

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Cowboys

Cowboys

Stampede
1133.jpg

J_P - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 1,145

Not sure which thread to put it in but feels appropriate in here with the cross forum members. Why are all big NRL games i.e Grand final, state of origin etc always on a work night .
Is it an Aussie thing? .

Work nights = people being in front of the telly.

Friday and saturday night = people going out for dinner/ drinks (and not in front of a telly).

Cowboys

Cowboys

Stampede
1133.jpg

2.jpg
Dan - silvertails.net

It's mainly because The NRL are completely and utterly out of touch with their fan base.

Started with horsey and the night time grand finals and choosing to alienate kids from being able to watch.
Greenburg proved it with his "Major stadia" strategy that was completely out of touch with the actual geography of the city where most games are, Sydney, not understanding "as the crow flies" and driving on Sydney roads are two different things
He compounded that by putting games on Thursday nights and wondering why people didn't show up, mate like eff I want to try and get back from work and then to a game by 6:30 at night, I am lucky if I am anywhere near home by that time.

Vlandy's has really sealed the notion with his current idea of "fans want a faster higher scoring game" and the rest of his rule tweaks.

It's pretty simple, they don't care about the fans, don't understand that the game is as much about the fans as anyone else, and without them they have no game at all.

/rant

Television ratings might be a higher priority than having bums on seats inside a stadium.

Reactions: 1 user
BroncosHQ

BroncosHQ

8833.jpg
tommy - broncoshq.com

To stop fans congregating at friend’s houses and only watching on one screen= better tv ratings. In the 90s gf day used to be a barbecue with all your mates, not anymore though.

Previously Tom

Silvertails

Silvertails

2.jpg
Dan - silvertails.net

8833.jpg
tommy - broncoshq.com

To stop fans congregating at friend’s houses and only watching on one screen= better tv ratings. In the 90s gf day used to be a barbecue with all your mates, not anymore though.

Previously Tom
Kids kicking the footy in the streets.

I'm pretty sure the idea of it creates better tv ratings was disproven, it's actually the reason Monday night games were scrapped because no one wants to watch footy on a Monday.