15 K.Evans A.Pene 17
16 B.Afoa D.Ieremia 18
17 B.Murdoch-Masila T.Eisenhuth 19
18 J.Tevaga M.Seve 20
21 K.Maumalo C.Lewis 21
23 A.Fonua-Blake T.Loiero 22

Swanny

What about Katoa aye?

Dude is right out of the picture. Self inflicted to be frank. Dude should be rooming with Tohu Harris.

Needs some mentoring and a quick wake up to where his path lies.
By all accounts he is a brilliant trainer and always looking to do extras, so it doesn’t sound like an attitude problem at all. Also when he has played Q Cup he has put up good numbers, so no signs of sulking. I just think it comes down to experience. They seem to be doing everything they can to develop him properly which is good. He is still a very young guy so time is on his side, and when he has played NRL this season he has definitely looked physically imposing, so it’s now just refining his game

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Noitall

Noitall

By all accounts he is a brilliant trainer and always looking to do extras, so it doesn’t sound like an attitude problem at all. Also when he has played Q Cup he has put up good numbers, so no signs of sulking. I just think it comes down to experience. They seem to be doing everything they can to develop him properly which is good. He is still a very young guy so time is on his side, and when he has played NRL this season he has definitely looked physically imposing, so it’s now just refining his game
Thought he went alright in his last 1st grade game, trying to hard I reckon. Pushed passes that he should have held onto.

Reactions: 2 users
Sup42

Sup42

Yeah don’t get me wrong I like him a lot.
I do stand by the fact that a lot of what is holding him back is self driven, the pushing it in tackles and offloads is all on him, which I too put down to inexperience.

Too often these guys start out on fire then go away from the game plan, and fans start blaming coaches for players decisions.

Reactions: 3 users

Warriors4ever

What the hell is going on with the Fusitua? A lot of money for doing nothing! Medical retire him if he ain’t going play and use the money elsewhere

Reactions: 2 users

Penpal

Brown just said Katoa would have been playing this week but was suspended for one week playing for Dophins. Who would he have come in for given the mistakes he made against the Cowboys?

Reactions: 6 users
Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Well i hope Fonua Blake is a last minute change cause that starting pack??........ugh!

Reactions: 4 users
PullinTeeth

PullinTeeth

This is a forward pack that screams where the fuck are we spend our salary cap.

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
[/QUOTE]
I know their are six, I used to play remember.

Bruce, that’s why he had to remind you that there are 6 forwards in the pack … a few hard knocks back in the day and a couple of Carlaw Coat hangers ….

• Haha

Penpal

Brown just said Katoa would have been playing this week but was suspended for one week playing for Dophins. Who would he have come in for given the mistakes he made against the Cowboys?
To answer my question after having some time to reflect (eg get out of the car and eat diner) I'm wondering if he meant in there 21 rather than playing maybe...

Wrighty

Wrighty

We are going to get smoked.

Some members on this site will beat the drums about an upset but the Storm are getting more and more clinical with each passing year. In business 10 years ago we talked about IP and domain knowledge. The Storm's NRL IP and domain knowledge is snowballing and growing year by year. They aren't resting on their laurels.
Bellamy and his assistants are like some type of borg organism that has a mind meld after each game and develops ten to twenty new insights into how to win and bend the rules to new extremes after each round. Bellamy probably has a failed marriage at this stage. He must live and breath watching tapes and re-reruns of every match every week so he can form new theories.

The only thing I want from this match, given my prediction of certain defeat, is that Kosi ends marking the Fox so can watch Josh Addo Carr go to work stepping and leaving Kosi in his wake for a world record eleven tries and so eclipsing the 25 year old record set by Martin Offiah.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Burncity warrior

Think he'd better better suited to prop? The nuances of edge back row play like hitting the right lines at the right angles, promoting the ball at the right time, defending in open space wouldn't be easy for a guy coming in from rugby union, developing those things take time.

I know this much, he is physically capable and loves to tuck the ball under and run hard. As you said great attitude. He loves to run hard and defending in the middle isn't as complex as defending on an edge. I wouldn't mind seeing him spend some time at prop, especially considering we are weak there at the moment.

Lance155

Lance155

Long gone olare the days of us being Storms bogey team. This is as hard as it gets (even more than Penrith). Even if they have a couple of players it won't make much of a difference in how good they are