Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
NRL 2021 Round 12 - Cowboys vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Cowboys2

NZWF Official thread for the 2021 Round 12 Warriors team list and discussion...

The official team list will be posted as soon as it becomes available...

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

I would go same side as last week. Consistent selection means an expectation of improved performance.

If Ken doesn't play it means he has another week to get his body right, sternum injuries need rest, not heavy contact.

Will give Jamayne Tounua-Brown benefit of doubt, who knows maybe had a virus or something?

Reactions: 1 user
Dixpat

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
There are some tweaks in the listed side from the one that started against the Tigers but the comfort for Brown is having the same group of players available.

In the most significant shuffle, Brown has named Eliesa Katoa and Jack Murchie as his starting second rowers with big Ben Murdoch-Masila on the interchange in #17.

Reece Walsh is named in the #1 jersey with Kane Evans back in the #10 jersey for the Round 12 fixture.

https://view.info.warriors.kiwi/?qs...15e55d484020b885d426a1cd339972086ce0c6a7679c3

Reactions: 5 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Very strong team, a rare chance to build some combinations from last week with no forced changes. I'm a bit worried about what Ming the Merciless is building at the cows though, they're getting some killer instinct and resilience back.

Reactions: 8 users
rugged

rugged

Looks like the Cowboys are missing a few players....

Ok so they haven't named their side yet

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
danyooll

danyooll

Swap Jamayne Tounua-Brown for Addin Fonua-Blake once he comes back and this team can be anything.

5 wins and 6 losses is an okay position to be in, our draw towards the end of the season is quite favourable as well, especially the last 6 games.

A win here sets up a well deserved rest, potential 4 point game here.

Reactions: 10 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

The Cowboys may have lost Taumalolo but they have a big inclusion in Matt Chechin.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users
Sup42

Sup42

Like everyone says, happy about having some consistency here.

I would say minus Addin Fonua-Blake this is the team.

At least it will be for another six to ten weeks till someone has a Warrior injury brought on by not playing well.

Who does Curran replace?

Too good to leave out. Katoa for moine. Murchie played well last week.

Katoa or Jazz. I think Katoa because Jazz is a protected species.

Lance155

Lance155

Like everyone says, happy about having some consistency here.

I would say minus Addin Fonua-Blake this is the team.

At least it will be for another six to ten weeks till someone has a Warrior injury brought on by not playing well.

Who does Curran replace?

Too good to leave out. Katoa for moine. Murchie played well last week.

Katoa or Jazz. I think Katoa because Jazz is a protected species.
Murchie had a strong first half but was horrific in the 2nd half. Don't mind which one he replaces but he is ahead of both at the moment imo

Reactions: 2 users

the borg

Happy with the team. If our forwards bend the line consistently all game, then we're in, given room and time, our attacking is too potent for the cows. Need to protect Reece a bit he's becoming a target now.. Ask face plant Leilua who had a crack at him last week...

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Sup42

Sup42

Happy with the team. If our forwards bend the line consistently all game, then we're in, given room and time, our attacking is too potent for the cows. Need to protect Reece a bit he's becoming a target now.. Ask face plant Leilua who had a crack at him last week...
This is why I want Curran back sooner rather than later, he is a better body guard than Murchie or Katoa.

Tohu Harris is a good protector on the right edge when he is there.

A pairing of Curran and Tohu Harris is a nice defensive foundation.

Sup42

Sup42

Was it three games we had to wait for Walsh?

Think that now that is banked that I am glad we did it. He got through ok and gave Brown a really good understanding of what our halves cannot do without him.

Nambawan

Murchie had a strong first half but was horrific in the 2nd half. Don't mind which one he replaces but he is ahead of both at the moment imo
I thought Murdock- Masila was worse. Tackling was soft - particularly for that last try. Seemed to me to lack condition.

the borg

I thought Murdock- Masila was worse. Tackling was soft - particularly for that last try. Seemed to me to lack condition.
I think that's because of AFBs absence and Brownie has to adjust the forward rotation. Ben Murdoch-Masila was asked to do longer minutes. He is by far a great bench forward to come on and make an impact when Addin Fonua-Blake has a rest... Evans and co are not Addin Fonua-Blake types unfortunately...

Reactions: 2 users