Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
I personally don't see Siro as an edge backrower, he's only mid 90's and doesn't have that punch you want on the edge.

Katoa not too worried about currently, he will come right hopefully just needs to refine his game in reggies for the moment.

Murch has shown he has all the tools, just needs to bring some consistency. Actually thought he looked primed in that trial, but hasn't brought that form into the season yet.

You are right about Curran, whatever rocket he got given it seems to working.

All four are still really early in their careers, with a lot of growth hopefully still to come. Hell 2 years ago I was like a broken record asking for a decent 2rf to partner Tofu, now we a bunch just need to find the right pair.
Yea not opposed to Siro to 13 with Jazz and Harris permanently on the Edge. He is too creative for 13 for me even if he loves the action

Reactions: Stalefish540

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Yea not opposed to Siro to 13 with Jazz and Harris permanently on the Edge. He is too creative for 13 for me even if he loves the action

This is all on game plan/coaching to get the best out of your players.

There was a time when 13 was almost the most creative position after the halves. No reason why a player can't be creative at 13.

They definitely shouldn't have to be moved out wide to be creative.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
This is all on game plan/coaching to get the best out of your players.

There was a time when 13 was almost the most creative position after the halves. No reason why a player can't be creative at 13.

They definitely shouldn't have to be moved out wide to be creative.
There have been coaches the last few seasons who have talked about having players like that at 13. Someone with balls skills and a bit more mobile compared to the third prop that has been in vogue.

The more mobile players makes sense with the new set restart rules and if the interchanges are brought down again.

I didn't see much of him as I only got the last few years of his career but Ellery Hanley was great to watch at 13.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Finally heard Brown’s explanation for why Evans didn’t play against the Eels in magic round, apparently he’s an older player who needs rest. Had to laugh, should at least come up with a reasonable excuse for a guy that’s played 5 Nrl games all season, don’t think anyone’s buying that one.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Finally heard Brown’s explanation for why Evans didn’t play against the Eels in magic round, apparently he’s an older player who needs rest. Had to laugh, should at least come up with a reasonable excuse for a guy that’s played 5 Nrl games all season, don’t think anyone’s buying that one.
Brown”s explanation rates as low on the credibility scale as Cleary saying Inu “knows what he did”.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Hope the decision was worth it because I feel the lack of props cost us the game in the opening 20 minutes...

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Michael burgess suggesting ABF might be returning this week
Hopefully he is correct but don't trust reporters
If he wasn't named this week he won't be playing.

My understanding of the new team naming rules when they were announced it would stop huge shocks of someone coming back early as they needed to be named in the 21 named at the start of the week.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
If he wasn't named this week he won't be playing.

My understanding of the new team naming rules when they were announced it would stop huge shocks of someone coming back early as they needed to be named in the 21 named at the start of the week.
You are probably correct but I would imagine that Michael Burgess would know the rules but then again he is a journalist 😉

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
You are probably correct but I would imagine that Michael Burgess would know the rules but then again he is a journalist 😉
Articles these days don't get as much proof reading as they used to. Everyone is rushing to get out first.

Often see factual or grammar errors then go back and see that they are corrected which is an advantage of digital. I wouldn't be surprised if you re-read it later and its says next week.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Is that in regards to journalists?

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Really, I thought it was all the dropped ball, wayward passes and ruck infringements. Two completed sets in that first 20 minutes speaks volumes.
Possibly, or maybe it’s because the Eels rolled through us making huge meters every set and we were backpedaling that whole first 20.

Then when we got the ball we were playing under fatigue, under pressure, on our own try line. The Eels were fresh and we didn’t have any props to get us out of the shit so we pushing things and it all just kept getting worse.

Playing with Jazz and Jamayne Tounua-Brown as our starting props who made 130 COMBINED meter the WHOLE game, plus Sironen on an edge who made 46m, set us up to be dominated from the start.

Reactions: Mr Frank White

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Articles these days don't get as much proof reading as they used to. Everyone is rushing to get out first.

Often see factual or grammar errors then go back and see that they are corrected which is an advantage of digital. I wouldn't be surprised if you re-read it later and its says next week.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Is that in regards to journalists?
Exactly. Trying to grab the headlines

Teeps4Shore

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 17, 2021
Squeaky bum time for the Warriors class of 2021. The next two rounds - tigers and Cowboys - define our season. Win both, we hit the origin period 6 and 6 with everything to play for and probably in the 8…. Lose one or both… we may create a big hole we may not climb out of.

On top of that, come round 14 - storm. And the potential for Addin Fonua-Blake to be back in our team just in time for the second half of our season to begin.

right now, this team cannot look past the tigers. First matter of business is to put macguire and Kiwi Jimmy Tamou under the blowtorch. Let’s get them sacked.

We do that by smashing these bastards and coming into the game super motivated to roll over the top of these mugs. If we are not prepared to go to war…. Like the first 20 minutes last week… you can be damn sure the tigers will want to screw our season. So this game is critical.

the first thing is to eliminate mistakes and for our forwards to assert dominance. This game we can win if we get on the front foot. For once, I want to not have a 20 minute period where we drop our nuts and the opposition run through us like a dodgy curry from an e grade restaurant.

If we can do that - play like the 2nd half last week for the full 80 minutes, keep
Composed, take our opportunities and mongrel up, we should win. And if we do that, we get to make up for the second half against the cowboys next week and put Toddy P on the hook again…

this week defines our season. Let’s see what the word ‘Warrior’ truly means. Hopefully, they don’t let us down. 4 and 7… or worse 4 and 8 would be unthinkable.

Tomorrow can’t come soon enough. Come on lads!!!!!!

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Squeaky bum time for the Warriors class of 2021. The next two rounds - tigers and Cowboys - define our season. Win both, we hit the origin period 6 and 6 with everything to play for and probably in the 8…. Lose one or both… we may create a big hole we may not climb out of.

On top of that, come round 14 - storm. And the potential for Addin Fonua-Blake to be back in our team just in time for the second half of our season to begin.

right now, this team cannot look past the tigers. First matter of business is to put macguire and Kiwi Jimmy Tamou under the blowtorch. Let’s get them sacked.

We do that by smashing these bastards and coming into the game super motivated to roll over the top of these mugs. If we are not prepared to go to war…. Like the first 20 minutes last week… you can be damn sure the tigers will want to screw out season. So this game is critical.

the first thing is to eliminate mistakes and for our forwards to assert dominance. This game we can win if we get on the front foot. For once, I want to not have a 20 minute period where we drop our nuts and the opposition run through us like a dodgy curry from an e grade restaurant.

If we can do that - play like the 2nd half last week for the full 80 minutes, keep
Composed, take our opportunities and mongrel up, we should win. And if we do that, we get to make up for the second half against the cowboys next week and put Toddy P on the hook again…

this week defines our season. Let’s see what the word ‘Warrior’ truly means. Hopefully, they don’t let us down. 4 and 7… or worse 4 and 8 would be unthinkable.

Tomorrow can’t come so enough. Come on lads!!!!!!
Agree 👍

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings