Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
I don’t mind the team - short of Ale in for Jamayne Tounua-Brown, it’s about as good as we have available. Maybe Katoa for Murchie, but that’s close.

But why say that you’re gunna put Walsh at FB and then dont? I mean, the teams likely to change before kick off but jeeze that’s just dumb.
If Walsh does start and one of the wings drops out then we have an opportunity to play both Murchie and Katoa with one of them coming off the bench - that would give us a proper bench for the first time in a while.

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2013
I like Walsh not starting...the plan surely is to have the team defend properly early on for a start.( thats what went wrong against the Eels)
Worst thing for us right now is to have Walsh start and then get injured....I prefer to keep him out of that softening up period thenbring him on early only if injuries dictate and save him and keep him fresh for as long as possible...We know what he can do against tiring defenders late in the game...hes young he won't be able to do that for 80 minutes right on at this stage of his career...we have seen that already.
In summary we start well by defending properly and for the full 80 minutes Walsh comes on for the last 50 minutes and he'll cut loose...if we are comfortably ahead without him coming on leave it as late as possible...dream scenario.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
I like Walsh not starting...the plan surely is to have the team defend properly early on for a start.( thats what went wrong against the Eels)
Worst thing for us right now is to have Walsh start and then get injured....I prefer to keep him out of that softening up period thenbring him on early only if injuries dictate and save him and keep him fresh for as long as possible...We know what he can do against tiring defenders late in the game...hes young he won't be able to do that for 80 minutes right on at this stage of his career...we have seen that already.
In summary we start well by defending properly and for the full 80 minutes Walsh comes on for the last 50 minutes and he'll cut loose...if we are comfortably ahead without him coming on leave it as late as possible...dream scenario.
I disagree. Sure at fullback he's on an island. But something I noted but didn't mention last week is that now could be the ideal time to blood Walsh.

The middle needs to do its job and dominate and protect the halves. The crack down of the high shots should give him some cover.
If teams want to target him, they run the risk of 10 in the bin at best, send off at worst.

Add all that to the fact the game is changing. The goal is to score and keep scoring... So by leaving our best weapon on the bench, we are giving the opposition a chance to gain the upper hand.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
I disagree. Sure at fullback he's on an island. But something I noted but didn't mention last week is that now could be the ideal time to blood Walsh.

The middle needs to do its job and dominate and protect the halves. The crack down of the high shots should give him some cover.
If teams want to target him, they run the risk of 10 in the bin at best, send off at worst.

Add all that to the fact the game is changing. The goal is to score and keep scoring... So by leaving our best weapon on the bench, we are giving the opposition a chance to gain the upper hand.
Some good points there.
It’s a young mans game now.

Reactions: Sup42

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
While I didn't see the match he posted some pretty uninspiring numbers for Redcliffe on Sunday. 2 missed tackles, 5 ineffective ones & the slowest play the ball speed in the entire team for the second week in a row
Has someone said something to him he didn't like? I hope he wasn't one of these believe in my own hype type of players. Hope he can get back to that form from last year.

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
I want to see 2 of Katoa, Murchie, Siro and Curran really rise well and truly above the rest. Curran is definitely closest at the moment
I personally don't see Siro as an edge backrower, he's only mid 90's and doesn't have that punch you want on the edge.

Katoa not too worried about currently, he will come right hopefully just needs to refine his game in reggies for the moment.

Murch has shown he has all the tools, just needs to bring some consistency. Actually thought he looked primed in that trial, but hasn't brought that form into the season yet.

You are right about Curran, whatever rocket he got given it seems to working.

All four are still really early in their careers, with a lot of growth hopefully still to come. Hell 2 years ago I was like a broken record asking for a decent 2rf to partner Tofu, now we a bunch just need to find the right pair.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I personally don't see Siro as an edge backrower, he's only mid 90's and doesn't have that punch you want on the edge.

Katoa not too worried about currently, he will come right hopefully just needs to refine his game in reggies for the moment.

Murch has shown he has all the tools, just needs to bring some consistency. Actually thought he looked primed in that trial, but hasn't brought that form into the season yet.

You are right about Curran, whatever rocket he got given it seems to working.

All four are still really early in their careers, with a lot of growth hopefully still to come. Hell 2 years ago I was like a broken record asking for a decent 2rf to partner Tofu, now we a bunch just need to find the right pair.
Yeah Tohu Harris is the one I'm happy for.

Same goes for Addin Fonua-Blake having Ben Murdoch-Masila.

Never want to see a Simon Mannering or Manu or Johnson do everything on your own type team again.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Worst thing for us right now is to have Walsh start and then get injured....I prefer to keep him out of that softening up period
Tbh i actually thought their defence was on point early against the Eels. Their reads were good from Chanel and his outsides, shutting down a number of early raids on our line.

What went wrong was the avalanche of ball we started turning over at the wrong end of the park.....doesnt matter how good your D is with all the possesion and territory we were conceding.

As far as him getting injured is concerned Walsh could be on the park for 1 minute or 1 second and get injured.....or at anytime or stage of the game, Either he's fit to play or he isnt.

Can see the appeal of bringing him on against tired legs but the last 2 matches the games have effectively been gone when he's come on and we're just playing catch up thats a step too far, its a credit to him and the influence he can have that's he's changed momentum and bought us back into games.....im a 100% certain to give us the best chance of winning we need his influence right from the start for the full 80.

I get Brown is playing the duty of care card but this boy's too good to leave the ferrari parked in the garage.

Last edited:

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Tbh i actually thought their defence was on point early against the Eels. Their reads were good from Chanel and his outsides, shutting down a number of early raids on our line.

What went wrong was the avalanche of ball we started turning over at the wrong end of the park.....doesnt matter how good your D is with all the possesion and territory we were conceding.

As far as him getting injured is concerned Walsh could be on the park for 1 minute or 1 second and get injured.....or at anytime or stage of the game, Either he's fit to play or he isnt.

Can see the appeal of bringing him on against tired legs but the last 2 matches the games have effectively been gone when he's come on and we're just playing catch up thats a step too far, its a credit to him and the influence he can have that's he's changed momentum and bought us back into games.....im a 100% certain to give us the best chance of winning we need his influence right from the start for the full 80.

I get Brown is playing the duty of care card but this boy's too good to leave the ferrari parked in the garage.
🤔then it's shit from our leaders and Halves for not tightening up when we were under the pump coming out of our own end. Throwing the ball wide on second and third tackle in our own 30 what was that shit about? They just needed to play direct and kick long! It actually is a simple game at times 🤷🏼‍♂️

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
🤔then it's shit from our leaders and Halves for not tightening up when we were under the pump coming out of our own end. Throwing the ball wide on second and third tackle in our own 30 what was that shit about? They just needed to play direct and kick long! It actually is a simple game at times 🤷🏼‍♂️
Looked like the actual game plan. Even Tohu Harris tried an uncharacteristic offload inside his own 30 but knocked on.

Wasn’t until much later in that first half that Rog got a decent offload away and things got rolling from there. Not adverse to the game plan myself, other sides do it very well but some of our passes/offloads were poorly executed or under too much pressure from the opposition (some credit to them).

Don’t know for sure that our side can adapt to such a game plan just yet, there’s still some dysfunction in combinations out there. Wouldn’t surprise if we go back to trucking the ball up against the Tigers but I‘m hoping they keep working at it. If we’re in and around the 8 at the backend of the season they’ll need to be playing with more freedom if we’re to foot it at all with the sides above us.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Looked like the actual game plan. Even Tohu Harris tried an uncharacteristic offload inside his own 30 but knocked on.

Wasn’t until much later in that first half that Rog got a decent offload away and things got rolling from there. Not adverse to the game plan myself, other sides do it very well but some of our passes/offloads were poorly executed or under too much pressure from the opposition (some credit to them).

Don’t know for sure that our side can adapt to such a game plan just yet, there’s still some dysfunction in combinations out there. Wouldn’t surprise if we go back to trucking the ball up against the Tigers but I‘m hoping they keep working at it. If we’re in and around the 8 at the backend of the season they’ll need to be playing with more freedom if we’re to foot it at all with the sides above us.
Yup agree! We did not earn it to go wide so early, we were playing a top 4 side as well. And yes kodi passing game isn't up to scratch, as well as different combos as you say.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings