• Total voters

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Didn't watch the game, haven't even seen the highlights, but I have a feeling I could just repeat what I've been saying for awhile and sound like I watched every second.

2021 is down to 5 teams. Our 2022 will rest largely on what happens off field and in the recruitment room in 2021.

Not much else to see this year except hope a few guys step up and fill some of the holes we have.
Yeah exactly.
There's like 5 or 6 teams
Cowboys
Manly
Dragons
Warriors
Knights
All sort of looking to become that top 5 team
So yeah close comp this year.

xWarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 27, 2012
Chanel Harris-Tavita has shown a lot since returning and I like what I see but, Walsh has displayed so much more.
Chanel Harris-Tavita will be part of the spine for a long time, the question is in what position does he offer the most for the team..
I don't know, just doesn't seem to have that natural ball playing skills that other halfs got and a weak kicking game. But that doesn't matter because hes got strong defensive game, just like Ken he makes us 200m+ meters so we don't need a fast winger. Feel like we are putting players out of position.

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
It all happens infield. Wingers are merely the finishers of something that is created by the whole team.

Its a centres job to get their outside man into some space. In order for him to have a chance he needs to get to at least a 3 on 2 situation. For that to happen you need the second rowers and halves committing the middle 3rd. For the halves to do that they need good, clean and early delivery from the dummy half. For the dummy half to do that they need a quick play of the ball. That is normally always easier when you are winning the ruck ie the props are making it past the advantage line.

Or you try shortcut all that shit and get a Manu type wing to just smash his own space.

I feel for our edge. Fucked on defence with a flawed defensive system and fucked on attack with too many defenders being able to slide away from non commital attack. We could have Josh Ado-Carr out there and he wouldn't score shit.

Part of the reason why having Roger Tuivasa-Sheck or Walsh out there is a complete waste of talent. They will never see the ball in space...
I think the point is that no matter how much space our centres give maumalo, hes just going to run into the opposing player anyway. He doesnt ever look like he wants any space to run. Hes a prop not a prop wing!

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
I don't know, just doesn't seem to have that natural ball playing skills that other halfs got and a weak kicking game. But that doesn't matter because hes got strong defensive game, just like Ken he makes us 200m+ meters so we don't need a fast winger. Feel like we are putting players out of position.
He's perfectly capable of playing 9

Reactions: Mr Dragon

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020

xWarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 27, 2012

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2016
After last week's game I banned myself from the forum for the week for mental health reasons.
Will have another week off, and accept we are marginally top 8, if things go our way.
Reece Walsh is certainly a very special talent.

I noticed in the post game interview Reece stated he would be playing full back next year.
Have a good week everyone

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
Did anybody see what exactly happened in another botched dropout with the buzzer going off way too soon!

I swear they sped up the timer as Walsh barely got his hands on the ball.. Faark me that looked cheap!

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings