• C

Votes: 53 65.4%
  • F-

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters

xWarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 27, 2012
ok he ran for 202m. did he put any fear into the opposition like manu used to? did he create anything or did he handbrake? would someone else who can run fast and jump high be better on the wing?

imo the day of the prop wing is over. now its all about speed ala the fox. just look at the difference
Exactly he brings decent meters but he sucks at 10 other attributes, do we want to win or do we just someone to make 200+ meters?

jmb_31

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021
ok he ran for 202m. did he put any fear into the opposition like manu used to? did he create anything or did he handbrake? would someone else who can run fast and jump high be better on the wing?

imo the day of the prop wing is over. now its all about speed ala the fox. just look at the difference
Hence why I said move him more infield in the attacking sets and have someone fast out wide, who else at the club is gonna get us those 202m metres. You literally missed the point of my post

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Every other team scoring off their wingers and we don't, so frustrating when we can't go around them!
And to think Fusitua won most trys scored in NRL 2017 and Ken in 2018, all because they were chasing the pin point kicks that are on the try line that Chanel Harris-Tavita and Walsh can provide. Now they cant be bothered jumping for the ones on defense even. That is why. We also had Shaun Johnson who was consistently providing an overlap as 5/8th every game putting ken or Fusitua into the corner via draw and pass. Kodi wouldnt even know what draw and pass means. Loved Shaun Johnson's slide of hand with his draw and pass, he took some hits, but he would slide a no look cut out pass to the wing who both use to be known as supermen scoring in the corner in the air. That is what has gone. Both Shaun Johnson, the chasing the kicks and the overlap from the 5/8th (Kodi), and is why Kodi is being replaced, when they find somebody of quality who says yes.

I still think Shaun Johnson may return, love him, princess and all hate him, for $800k he is by far the best 58th the Wariors would attract for that kind of money, him in the spine with Walsh, oh lordy. Then we have about $1M left over for a quality hooker, if Harry Grant gets the Storm gig full time, Brandon may shop around. Outside him, Im not sure who else we could attract that is fast as flap out of dummy half and provides good service.

DallyM

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2016
i think youll get Brown taking the hit on this game again, his game plan to spread the ball early could have worked if executed well but looked sloppy and was a big fat fail, eels wont say no to early ball in your half and took full advantage of our errors.... tbh not that disappointed pretty proud of the boys fight back we never gave up.... if this was against the tigers i would be fxxk right off but Im happy we competed after a shit start..... on this performance we should beat the tigers nxt week

Last edited:

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
fucken coaching let the boys down today.
second half showed what they could do. but telling them to throw it round early while everyone was fresh was a move i would expect from a 2 time wooden spooner
The first mistake was a good heads up play just poorly executed pass by KN and even with that Berry still should have pulled it in. The 2nd one was a stupid offload from Harris, can't put that down to the coach,.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
When we signed white Kata in Aitken, little did we know we had tall Kata in Pompey already here. You can have all the fast wingers you want, they won't see the ball.

its good they didnt give up, and looked pretty good once parramatta tired but that start to the game was disgusting, like they can't even execute passes, Kodi to 14 is the easiest switch to make.

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Again, we should be training passing and catching at high speeds! Far too many shit passes and cant catch a cold!
walsh is our most dangerous player, why the hell is he on the bench!! He controlled the game nicely when he came on. Maumalo needs to go! And Jamayne Tounua-Brown offers nothing. Safe but pointless. He hasnt been singled out because of other shit performers but hes doing nothing. Would rather have ah mau

gpred

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Sep 23, 2016
You just have to sniff a Storm players jersey and it's a set restart.

For the Warrior's player they just about need to get us in full mount and TKO us before we get a set restart!

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
At the end of the day, Walsh is our best player and it shows when he's allowed to get on the field.

The whole team's poise is improved with Walsh and we are a better team with Reece running and gunning.

Egan is a liability, always copping a knock to the head and not as sharp as some make out. If he were, the cock-a-hoop media would confirm it.
Chanel Harris-Tavita is another player that has yet to "get it". The team would be better served if Chanel Harris-Tavita played off the bench to spell Egan, that way the 9 jersey can be competitive and add an edge.
Kodi is similar to Walsh in that he's a threat when he runs, nowhere near as dangerous as Reece but defensive lines must pay him respect and that spreads them further for Walsh to expose. Forget about shifting Kodi to 9, he's no Cook.

This has been plain to see since Walsh debuted and now Brown should have seen enough to select his best team. If he continues playing Walsh from the bench then our season will mimic the flow of the games, too little, too late!

SJ's on Fire

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 1, 2016
Walsh is an absolute gun! The playmaking skills and ability to back himself when it's on is top class. Chanel Harris-Tavita on the other hand.... I think a spell in reggies would be good for the lad, still puzzled how Brown just handed him back a spot in the halves after a fairly lengthy injury spell. Good fight back from the boys but as always a lot to work on. Think we will rue those losses to Manly come crunch time.

xWarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 27, 2012
i think youll get Brown taking the hit on this game again, his game plan to spread the ball early could have worked if executed well but looked sloppy and was a big fat fail, eels wont say no to early ball in your half and took full advantage of our errors.... tbh not that disappointed pretty proud of the boys fight back we never gave up.... if this was against the tigers i would be fxxk right off but Imhappy we competed afyer a shit start..... on this performance we should beat the tigers nxt week
Spreading the ball early doesn't make sense though we don't have any fast backs and our centre's can't draw and pass.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Every other team scoring off their wingers and we don't, so frustrating when we can't go around them!
It all happens infield. Wingers are merely the finishers of something that is created by the whole team.

Its a centres job to get their outside man into some space. In order for him to have a chance he needs to get to at least a 3 on 2 situation. For that to happen you need the second rowers and halves committing the middle 3rd. For the halves to do that they need good, clean and early delivery from the dummy half. For the dummy half to do that they need a quick play of the ball. That is normally always easier when you are winning the ruck ie the props are making it past the advantage line.

Or you try shortcut all that shit and get a Manu type wing to just smash his own space.

I feel for our edge. Fucked on defence with a flawed defensive system and fucked on attack with too many defenders being able to slide away from non commital attack. We could have Josh Ado-Carr out there and he wouldn't score shit.

Part of the reason why having Roger Tuivasa-Sheck or Walsh out there is a complete waste of talent. They will never see the ball in space...

xWarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 27, 2012
At the end of the day, Walsh is our best player and it shows when he's allowed to get on the field.

The whole team's poise is improved with Walsh and we are a better team with Reece running and gunning.

Egan is a liability, always copping a knock to the head and not as sharp as some make out. If he were, the cock-a-hoop media would confirm it.
Chanel Harris-Tavita is another player that has yet to "get it". The team would be better served if Chanel Harris-Tavita played off the bench to spell Egan, that way the 9 jersey can be competitive and add an edge.
Kodi is similar to Walsh in that he's a threat when he runs, nowhere near as dangerous as Reece but defensive lines must pay him respect and that spreads them further for Walsh to expose. Forget about shifting Kodi to 9, he's no Cook.

This has been plain to see since Walsh debuted and now Brown should have seen enough to select his best team. If he continues playing Walsh from the bench then our season will mimic the flow of the games, too little, too late!
In all honestly it was really the worst time for Chanel Harris-Tavita to come back, I was hoping Brown doesn't change the line up after what we saw a spine of Niko/Walsh/Roger Tuivasa-Sheck can do.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Didn't watch the game, haven't even seen the highlights, but I have a feeling I could just repeat what I've been saying for awhile and sound like I watched every second.

2021 is down to 5 teams. Our 2022 will rest largely on what happens off field and in the recruitment room in 2021.

Not much else to see this year except hope a few guys step up and fill some of the holes we have.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings