Team List NRL 2021 Round 1 - Warriors vs Titans TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Mr Brownstone

I think a reduced role will suit him. He will be able to come on for 20 mins at lock and 20 mins at hooker (for example) and go hell for leather. He'll still be able to lead the defensive line and up the energy. Not having to play 60+ mins might leave him fresh enough to reduce the brain farts
Yeah I’m a huge Jazz fan & I think his best role is definitely playing from the bench. Brings something completely unique vs the rest of the forward pack

Reactions: 8 users

6Again

Yeah I’m a huge Jazz fan & I think his best role is definitely playing from the bench. Brings something completely unique vs the rest of the forward pack
Agree, he also helps keeps our middles tight defensively with his energy and huge tackle count, an area teams will no doubt try to exploit this season with the new rules.

Reactions: 3 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor

Warriors: Wayde Egan has recovered from an elbow injury suffered in the trials and will start at hooker. Former Dragon Euan Aitken starts in the centres while fellow recruits Addin Fonua-Blake and Bayley Sironen are also in the run-on side and Ben Murdoch-Masila is on the bench. Chanel Harris-Tavita (quadriceps) and Eliesa Katoa (cheekbone) have both recovered from injury and are good to go for the start of the Nathan Brown era.

Titans: Patrick Herbert will line up at centre against his old club while big-name recruits David Fifita and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui will join captain Kevin Proctor in a powerful back row. Star fullback AJ Brimson is fit and firing after missing the first 11 rounds of 2020.

Tyrone Peachey had an excellent finish to the 2020 season at lock but with two high-profile No.13s coming on board he has been moved to the bench and will provide impact alongside Sam Lisone.

HoRneT041

HoRneT041

Get that into ya!

I think this one became legend because an ex bronco made the conscious decision to thwack his old team mate anouncing he was “one of us” and we won’t take any shit from these glamour boys! 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Sup42

Sup42

Well the team looks really good.

Surprised Curran did not make the starting line up after all the angst around here about it.

Bottom line, a player that has a good preseason deserves good minutes in the trials, and if they don't deliver well that is life.

Reactions: 1 user
john nick

john nick

Those guys were a lot tougher than this lot.

And their Dads were tougher still.

Evolution, survival of the smartest not strongest.
Sonny Bills Grandfather was one tuff hombre. Would jump in the ring with anyone including pro heavyweight boxers

HoRneT041

HoRneT041

Well the team looks really good.

Surprised Curran did not make the starting line up after all the angst around here about it.

Bottom line, a player that has a good preseason deserves good minutes in the trials, and if they don't deliver well that is life.
A smart play by the coach some change was required to plug the leaky D on that side. I think Hiku needs a big game he must’ve come close also.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Need to slow down the hype train, best team on paper for yonks. However, games are not played on paper. They have to do the fundamentals, possession, position pace. If they get the distribution and passing accurate, and that is a smaller if with Egan there they can beat the Titans, who are a handy side. In my view we have them smashed on the Bench.

Reactions: 7 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

Need to slow down the hype train, best team on paper for yonks. However, games are not played on paper. They have to do the fundamentals, possession, position pace. If they get the distribution and passing accurate, and that is a smaller if with Egan there they can beat the Titans, who are a handy side. In my view we have them smashed on the Bench.
Titans are full of Warriors rejects (Herbert, Lisone).

We can’t beat players that weren’t good enough for us then we should just enter the reseeve grade competition 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

I think this one became legend because an ex bronco made the conscious decision to thwack his old team mate anouncing he was “one of us” and we won’t take any shit from these glamour boys! 🤬
One of my favorite warriors moments because that exact reason. 👍🏻

Reactions: 2 users
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

Sounds like a cliche in every game but those basic fundamentals and who can keep possession the longest will go a long way in managing those new rules designed to speed the game up! Exploiting lazy and tired defences will make Egan’s role even more important.

Additionally our 20+ errors in the trial will get punished if we carry those over into round 1.