• C

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • E

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Citygirl

Citygirl

Contributor
Been saying it time and again,....but if you watch that game without blinkers, you will see when Eagan is on, that the Warriors forwards charge down to the opposition 30mt line almost at will.

When he goes off, our premium forward pack makes it to inside our own fifty.

So whether or not we go deep into the finals depends entirely on Eagans fitness. Other players are critical, but Eagan is the key to unlocking our million dollar forward pack.

Apart from that, big props to the defensive coaching, they did their job. We have only ever looked this ready defensively in 2001 2002 2003 2018 20201, so that is five years out of a few decades of being shit on D come round one.

We didn't even use Evans or Murchie, we have forward power coming out of our arses.

Ordinarily Warriors fans get too excited after a solo win. But I say be excited, the forward machine first time up to bat hit the ball out of the park.

Lots of good games to look forward too provided we keep the core fit.
Will Egan be automatically out next week due to HIA?

Reactions: 1 user
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

Missed the game, but was glued to your guys comments and updates throughout..
Geez, some of you buggers type fast! Lol

The gist I got was our halves were shit-ish in the kicking department and most 5th tackle option taking, as expected unfortunately 😳

Man, with better halves we should be whipping teams by 20+. I’ll take smashing grinding wins too tho haha

Our pack were in demolition mode!! 😍

Can’t wait to take on the competition ‘bullies’ like JWH, NAS and the OTHER Nathan Brown lol

Going to replay the shit out of this game! ☝️

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Miket12

Miket12

The gist I got was our halves were shit-ish in the kicking department and most 5th tackle option taking, as expected unfortunately 😳

Man, with better halves we should be whipping teams by 20+. I’ll take smashing grinding wins too tho haha

Can’t wait to take on the competition ‘bullies’ like JWH, NAS and the OTHER Nathan Brown lol

How did the car hunt go?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Oh dear....

Well, after pointing out his kicking game was shithouse every post after that was defending the young fellah....

Fame...they only remember you for your worst....
Yeah. His kicking was definitely shithouse. I enjoyed his running. But a repeat of that would be costly v Roosters, Souths, Storm. That said it was his first game back. Can only get better.

Reactions: 5 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

Reading all the comments has shades of Bulldogs round 1 2019, what happened round 2🤔

Reactions: 2 users
Mack 10

Mack 10

A-

Missed parts of the game due to work but they looked excellent defensively from what I’ve seen and the pack looks to be the best we’ve had in quite a few years.
They look like they’ve hit the nail on the head recruitment/retention wise.

Offensively they didn’t look too slick at times and let some opportunities get away from them but at the end of the day it was excellent way to start the season.

Loved the Nikorima try to effectively seal the game and make the last 10 minutes far less stressful lol.

Hopefully we can roll out the same line up next weekend but I see Sironen and Egan got head knocks.
Missed the Chanel Harris-Tavita trip but I assume he’ll be getting charged?

Promising signs.

Edit: Post #69 excellent!! Haha

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

I thought Kodi was solid. His kicking was OK. I'm looking forward to him running more as the year unfolds. And Chanel Harris-Tavita's kicking will polish up.

Reactions: 3 users

JaggedJ

But Bulldogs were shit and still are shit. Gold Coast are no mugs. Will likely make top 8.

Will they though? At this point they're a little overhyped without much substance to back it up.

They only went on a win streak when they were basically out of contention for finals.

Reminded me a little of us in 1999 and then 2000. We were on fire at the end of 1999 but it meant little the following year which was one of our worst.

Good win by the boys. In the first five rounds it doesn't matter how you win, as long as you do. I'll take the win and run, worry about style points later.

Reactions: 1 users
Raw Power

Raw Power

Was very uneasy through the first 30 minutes or so... but gradually relaxed throughout the rest of the game...
of course the hard work will continue in the coming weeks and months
But a Great game and a Positive start to the season, so let's just...
ENJOY!
Well Done the Boys, Well earned Win

Reactions: 3 users
snake77

snake77

Round 1 victories have been hard to come by for the Warriors over the years. So the first thing is the 2 points are in the bag.

A tricky first up assignment. Two clubs that have recruited well and have been talked about as being the clubs that would improve. Both clubs finished 2020 on the up, they are probably a bit further progressed than we are seeing as its their second year under Holbrook. Our first game under Brown.

Not sure if I have ever seen a Warriors defensive effort like that in round 1.

Loved how we took repeated sets and made our way up the field and scored on the first opportunity. Sure the first two tries weren't flash but it was off the back of the dirty work.

Reactions: 8 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Bro I vouched for that shit for so many years - the fuck was I thinking
haha i didnt think it was that different from kearney completion rate ball, just a better class of cattle hitting it up.

cut lots of slack due to the conditions, no breaks in play to talk about a set move, and half the team never played together before.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users