Votes: 10 11.8%
  • C

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • F-

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters
drunk_monk

drunk_monk

We win if that disallowed try(Which was a fair try) is given.
The amount of penalties we should of got but didn't. Didn't help either.

The drop lips from those decisions is what we need to work on. Harden up and move on. Sulking won't help us.

So it is the players fault. They need to learn how to play agaisnt 19 men(17 players/ref/video ref)
Also drum into their heads that it will never be a fair playing field.
To come out & play like it's us agaisnt them. It will always be like that. And develope tougher skin.
Agreed.

We are allowed to be gutted that we get shanked by the refs but good warriors teams have won despite the refs.

It just sucks. We are a shit team and I would rather see is win/lose against other shit teams based on how shit the teams are on the park.

Just losing when we should have just won sucks.

We aren't a premiership winning team but I don't feel like we are a spoon team. Close but just above it IMO. would rather the refs let the players decide who is most shit on the day.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

Well that was shit but whatever. Titans played a penalty-free and clean game according to the refs. 5-0 penalty count. No infractions whatsoever. No offsides. No infringements in the ruck. No taking players out in the air.

Yeah what the fuck ever....

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Diesel

Diesel

It was a very even match after the first 15 minutes, they scored off our silly mistakes, much like the Broncos last week. In no way should we have been in that position after leading 12-0.
The bunker call was disgusting and that was the turning point of the game.
Players don’t want to be there can go, but what really shits me is each week there is a decent call that goes against us and it just continues week after fucking week and we just get lip service from the NRL.
Either Todd or Mark needs to go apeshit. The whole fucking competition needs us to stay to continue but we get screwed, it started with the re-release of the draw being harder than other teams and every week it’s another thing.
SK created this fucking mess.

Reactions: 3 users
Weno

Weno

Titans are a gutsy team who wont stop trying no matter the score.

Reversed fortunes for each team in both halves.

Officiating?????

Our backs just cant compliment the packs good work.
Silly schoolboy errors and Cartwright recieving from an offside position near our line was the nail for me.

Blocker speaking about unfair calls towards us was surprising.

Reactions: 1 users
Warrior#214

Warrior#214

The irony is that after that liquid steaming performance of a game we are still ahead of the the Titans on point differential. -97 is better than -123. Yippee 🥳

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

RMatenga

So Green can roll a ball in to the in goal and can kick a 40/20 a year and the media goes nuts for him winning us a game. There is quite a bit more to half play, oh and yeah... your half should be winning you games... regularly. Absolutely no pressure put on the Titans by Green, and not much support by Chanel Harris-Tavita. With a fullback who is not a tactician, and a honest hooker who is not creative we really are busted. The forwards got us in the right place to win. Give up some metres for contestable kicks for fuck's sake.

I've got to start keeping a record of bunker call against the Warriors.

Can't see anything from Jazz that shows any progression. The imports in the team have well and truly surpassed him even taking into account it being first game back from injury.

Fusitu'a is a damaging runner and often gets the arm free, the idea of him at centre was sound in terms of what he could offer on attack, and I think he could do it well at another team with a sound structure.

Payten needs to make a show, and the media needs to replay the reffing howlers this season. Just to put in the NRL's mind.

Herbert is like Whare. Doesn't let us down, but lacks creativity which is okay if it is elsewhere. Definitely keen to keep him in the squad long term.

Jazz hasnt played any football for months. He was ok.

The imports; Egan is garbage....warriors signed him a on a decent 3 year deal.

Lawton is likeable because he is tough and rugged. But doesnt have enough skill. Jazz has more post-contact metres and should start ahead of Lawton. Henthrington was good from the imports.

I would put King Vuniyayawa on the bench sy.omwhere.

Jack Murchie looks the part - big body and busy on defense. But back to offering nothing with ball. Not an edge player but not quite a full blown middle.

Reactions: 1 user
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Was just thinking...if you managed to sit through that you are a genuine masochist...cos I did. :( :(

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Makasene

Makasene

Crap but in my view predictable... our spine is shit.. period.. the breaks through the middle no one was there for an off load... and the natural attacking flair has been coached out of them in the last 3 or so years and replaced by the proces. Great to complete sets the stats look good but if you can't ram it home with good attack and score points then score board looks bad....

I've never seen so many arms free and so few offloads thrown

Reactions: 3 users

AusWarriorsFan

We are allowed to be gutted that we get shanked by the refs but good warriors teams have won despite the refs.

Yep that's how I feel. After the 12 point turn around in the Heaherington no try. We just panicked no composure.

I have to ask why does Tohu Harris stand there for ages looking for someone to offload to and nobody obliges? I agree Roger Tuivasa-Sheck just follow Tohu Harris every run and he can prob get the ball away.

Did I hear right, we got zero penalties?

Tim burgess

The better team won. Despite the penalty count. However, that aside the Warriors had enough possession and time in the Titans 20 metre zone in the first half to have been up by a couple of tries.

Harris was a stand out for me. The attack looked very average but credit to Titans defence. Next couple of years they could be a half decent team.

Reactions: 1 user
pompower

pompower

The refereeing was poor 100%, but it was pretty poor on both sides, we just got the worst of it. No idea who that was on the field but he had very little control over the game. Yes, the Hetherington no try was a rough call. But shit happens, and it shouldn't have even been a footnote with the way we dominated in the first half. We should've been out of sight by half time and we fluffed it.

Positives:
  • Really strong defensive effort overall. Can never question these guys' commitment. Good to see Hiku making up for past sins, he turned up tonight.
  • Decent go-forward too. Egan us moving nicely up the middle on the back of great play-the-ball speed (almost to a fault because some of the sloppier ones made things hard for Egan at moments, which happened last week too).
  • Lawton was really good on both sides of the ball, probably our best player out there.
  • This may've been Murchie's best performance for us so far, thought he proved his worth tonight and probably should've played more minutes.
  • Might not feel like it, but there are signs of some more expansive play. Saw more support running and half breaks tonight, should be a good sign...so long as we don't push the pass when we don't need to.

Reactions: 7 users
drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Yep that's how I feel. After the 12 point turn around in the Heaherington no try. We just panicked no composure.

I have to ask why does Tohu Harris stand there for ages looking for someone to offload to and nobody obliges? I agree Roger Tuivasa-Sheck just follow Tohu Harris every run and he can prob get the ball away.

Did I hear right, we got zero penalties?
Yea. Apparently the Titans played a perfectly clean game.

We got pinged for putting our hands on a player who got his fingers on the ball and dropped it.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
snake77

snake77

We haven't won back to back in over a year. This was the game to do it.

This game followed the theme of a lot of our other losses. Dominate early before falling apart and the opposition dominate. The difference is the Titans aren't great so they took longer to run us down where the top sides hold us our a bit more before running over us early and racking up a score.

It used to be you stay with the Warriors for 60 minutes and run over them the last 20. This team usually looks good for 15 minutes.

JaggedJ

Chanel Harris-Tavita sadly embodies what our team is. Try hard, willing to put their bodies on the line, but ultimately too limited to make any real difference.

Our entire back 3 needs to be re-programed. They've been conditioned to think that their run metres are somehow the defining aspect of whether they played well or not. There's so much more to the positions than that.

Centres - couldn't hit a half decent one with a nuclear blast in Warriorland.

Halves/Hooker - slow, predictable.

Tohu Harris - deserves better.

The entire system and style of game we play needs to be overhauled and the truth is we have a lot of players who simply don't fit into a re-worked system.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

RMatenga

It’s funny because for years we had decent outside backs but it was the engine room that let us down.

Now it’s the opposite - forwards are decent but the backline lets us down.

Chanel Harris-Tavita didn’t do much tonight. Blake Green played to his abilities - which is utter crap. Glad he’s gone.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has been stripped back into a shell of what he should’ve been this stage of his career. SK’s ideology of having him as a meter eater might gain him “most metres ran in a season” acclaim but takes away his potential to be FB the caliber of Tedesco or Tommy Turbo.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was ahead of those guy a short while ago.

So with dud halves and a uninspiring backline, when we needed points outside of set piece, from our side of the field (as we couldn’t buy a fucken penalty) we couldn’t muster up shit.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck needs to step down as captain in the same vein Mannering did. Needs to focus on his game. He doesn’t speak up to the refs - I don’t think he even understands the game enough to articulate his views against the refs.

Not all hope is gone - we have some great young talent at least in Jamayne Tounua-Brown, Murchie, Egan, Katoa, Lawton.

But our halves and backline need adjustment - quick. We need to be done with the big wingers crap - the game is faster then ever and we lack speed.

On a side note we were completely dudded Again by the refs - but we should’ve put the Tits away in the first half when we were on top of them. Had all the chances in the world to do so as well.

The reffing is becoming blatant and we were punished for our own mediocrity in this game - but they really made it hard for us to even stake a claim in the 2nd half.

Tits has the rub of the green when it mattered.

Need the new coach signed and more talent recruited for next year ASAP.

This year being a write off makes these losses easier to swallow.

Wasnt the outside backs but the spine and lack of attacking nouse / flow.

Egan is hopeless. Lawton is only ever going to be a fill-in player.

Please bring on Katoa - give us some threat on the edge. Sign another 13 or edge backrower to join Katoa & Harris.
Not fussed on Jack Murchie to date. Would rather a CHN or Marata Niukore in the backrow.

Agree - bring on the new coach and new recruits.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
The last 70 minutes we were crap. Yes that try should have been given to us but that performance was average just like the refereeing.

Hopefully the ownership realise Todd is still only assistance coach and that he is not ready for the step up just yet.

We should never lose to the Titian’s.

I am just pissed off with that performance!

Reactions: 5 users