• B

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • C

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • F-

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters

the borg

Crap but in my view predictable... our spine is shit.. period.. the breaks through the middle no one was there for an off load... and the natural attacking flair has been coached out of them in the last 3 or so years and replaced by the proces. Great to complete sets the stats look good but if you can't ram it home with good attack and score points then score board looks bad....

Reactions: 4 users
janfin

janfin

So disappointing ..Mind you we were playing against 15 .Kia Kaha boys will be sitting in the same place on the couch next week

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
So Green can roll a ball in to the in goal and can kick a 40/20 a year and the media goes nuts for him winning us a game. There is quite a bit more to half play, oh and yeah... your half should be winning you games... regularly. Absolutely no pressure put on the Titans by Green, and not much support by Chanel Harris-Tavita. With a fullback who is not a tactician, and a honest hooker who is not creative we really are busted. The forwards got us in the right place to win. Give up some metres for contestable kicks for fuck's sake.

I've got to start keeping a record of bunker call against the Warriors.

Can't see anything from Jazz that shows any progression. The imports in the team have well and truly surpassed him even taking into account it being first game back from injury.

Fusitu'a is a damaging runner and often gets the arm free, the idea of him at centre was sound in terms of what he could offer on attack, and I think he could do it well at another team with a sound structure.

Payten needs to make a show, and the media needs to replay the reffing howlers this season. Just to put in the NRL's mind.

Herbert is like Whare. Doesn't let us down, but lacks creativity which is okay if it is elsewhere. Definitely keen to keep him in the squad long term.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
DallyM

DallyM

He needs to stop being a prop... Thats not why we bought him. I wish we can swap him for Teddy, that guy breaks tackles and creates opportunities like he's playing with kids.
pisses me off when one of the forwards is looking to offload and no Rodge hanging around....

Reactions: 8 users
sballer7

sballer7

Anyone that blames the refs for this is part of the problem
so gutted
Why? Its impossibly hard to compete when you are not on a level playing field. Especially for a team as hopeless as us.

Reactions: 6 users

Uk Warriors fan

90A5BDA5 11F8 4E42 B0A1 A263150074E9

errors...6 between Roger & Fusitua.....

jonesy101

jonesy101

Really impressed you made it to the second half. To be fair I don't think you can blame them for being shit. If I was a player without my family in OZ I'd be on the plane home tomorrow unless there was some clarity around whatever the fuck that was from the NRL
I think the NRL had already written their 'fairy tale' Titans win story before kickoff, it seemed so bizarre what went down.

Reactions: 6 users

dantheman

Worst display of reffing I have seen in a long time and we get shafted a lot... Green showing tonight why Robinson is right, horrid plays. Any other team would have been up by 30 points in the first half, the Titans were awful. Seriously concerning how shit our attack is and I don't even know how the hell they go about fixing it.

Reactions: 8 users

RMatenga

Good! Now they can drop that jersey! Along with Fusitua!

Fk off Fusitua isnt the problem. Fusitua played with some intensity and physicality.

What happened to the australian media golden boy for the week Blake Green?

Rotation is rubbish ....why leave ignatius paasi on the bench for so long.

Jack Murchie back to doing sweet FA with the ball. Egan back to average.
Karl Lawton is rugged, but you cant play Lawton, Egan and Tevaga. Even Jamayne Tounua-Brown great effort on defense but was ordinary with all in hand.

Hethrington was good in his first stint. Good game from Tohu Harris and Tevaga looked ok after not playing at all for so long. I know some people dont like him but Jazz is better option than Lawton.

Reactions: 5 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

SACK BROWN.
Contributor
How on earth are you going to defend a team to a 20m gain set deep in their half with no roll on, and then let them drill a 40/20. There is literally no reason why Roger and Fusitua were not perfectly in position given the set makeup. With all the issues in the game, that was by far the most pathetic with the game on the line.

Even Harris had a silly fumble at a terrible time, so all 17 of them need a heavy slap this week.

I don't tend to buy into the refs are out to get us tune. But the reffing of the ruck, the Hetherinton try, and the winger dragging Fusitua's arm down. That was an extremely frustrating watch between the reffing, and how terrible we were.

Reactions: 11 users
snake77

snake77

That second half you could tell it was going to end in heartbreak with the Titans scoring late.

The second half we could barely get down their end of the field. The set restarts seemed to dry up compared to the first half. A few of our set restarts should of been penalties, there was one real bad one with Lisone messing the play the ball.

Reactions: 5 users
Makasene

Makasene

This match was a clear clear clear example of why Kearney had to go.

While the commentators were going on about the Titans competing 4/11 they were actually on top (still 12 behind) but causing us real trouble.

From the 20th minute onwards they were on par and ran us down in the end

TLDR
IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT COMPLETIONS

BippidyDooDah

It's obvious that there's a lack of confidence in the team. So many panicky plays and silly errors.

Reactions: 3 users

AusWarriorsFan

Id like the 12 points from the ref mistakes back, Id like Egan not to get held up over the line twice, throw a stupid penalty pass and run into the markers for no return over and over again. Id like Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to have sat that one out, trying way to hard. Less metres more execution, Lawton was good, Herbert was good, Hiku was good. Ken was ok.

As usual 12 point turn around from the ref goes against them and they crumble. Up until Heathrington try which was shockingly called no try, they looked good. After that they went into trying to hard mode like Roger Tuivasa-Sheck making good break only to pass to the opposition.

If players return, do they get their pay ratio? I think it would be a bit rich to expect the fans to pay their salaries after recent seasons regardless of covid. I know they human but they all get paid plenty enough not to need it, more so they don't deserve it, its hard enough the ones remaining to play deserving it.

Reactions: 1 users
Afakasi247

Afakasi247

It’s funny because for years we had decent outside backs but it was the engine room that let us down.

Now it’s the opposite - forwards are decent but the backline lets us down.

Chanel Harris-Tavita didn’t do much tonight. Blake Green played to his abilities - which is utter crap. Glad he’s gone.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has been stripped back into a shell of what he should’ve been this stage of his career. SK’s ideology of having him as a meter eater might gain him “most metres ran in a season” acclaim but takes away his potential to be FB the caliber of Tedesco or Tommy Turbo.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was ahead of those guy a short while ago.

So with dud halves and a uninspiring backline, when we needed points outside of set piece, from our side of the field (as we couldn’t buy a fucken penalty) we couldn’t muster up shit.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck needs to step down as captain in the same vein Mannering did. Needs to focus on his game. He doesn’t speak up to the refs - I don’t think he even understands the game enough to articulate his views against the refs.

Not all hope is gone - we have some great young talent at least in Jamayne Tounua-Brown, Murchie, Egan, Katoa, Lawton.

But our halves and backline need adjustment - quick. We need to be done with the big wingers crap - the game is faster then ever and we lack speed.

On a side note we were completely dudded Again by the refs - but we should’ve put the Tits away in the first half when we were on top of them. Had all the chances in the world to do so as well.

The reffing is becoming blatant and we were punished for our own mediocrity in this game - but they really made it hard for us to even stake a claim in the 2nd half.

Tits has the rub of the green when it mattered.

Need the new coach signed and more talent recruited for next year ASAP.

This year being a write off makes these losses easier to swallow.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Makasene

Makasene

How on earth are you going to defend a team to a 20m gain set deep in their half with no roll on, and then let them drill a 40/20. There is literally no reason why Roger and Fusitua were not perfectly in position given the set makeup. With all the issues in the game, that was by far the most pathetic with the game on the line.

I dunno man.

Shane Warne couldn't have turned that ball more square!

Swanley

Swanley

not really disappointed...

That Heathering try was really a try, in full speed he's done nothing wrong...ho hum.

Makes an interesting battle for the spoon.

Chanel Harris-Tavita went OK.

Forwards went well, again it's the backs who are average.

Egan seems to have introduced a running game but that penalty he gave a way was foolish...And him and Jazz both going for the line stupid, almost Kata like.

Next week will be interesting, will nice to see Kodi and Katoa back.