Votes: 10 11.8%
  • C

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • F-

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters
zaggo

zaggo

The most disappointing part for me is just how dumb our gameplan was through the entire middle section of the game.

We scored two extremely easy tries by spreading it out wide and burning their lack of speed and experience on the flanks, and then spent the next 60 minutes keeping it tight and trying to go for barge overs and aimless kicks.

Why would you not just keep doing what had worked so well - does the concept of feeding the hot hand not exist in this lot?

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
Never want to see those bush shirts again
Never want to see Blake Green in our team again
Never want to see Maxwell in the bunker again (wishful thinking)
Never want to feel this bad about our team again (also wishful thinking)

Payten is OK for mine. He's between a rock & a hard place atm so deserves a chance
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is not doing his job and appears to be struggling. Needs to be removed from the captaincy . Give Tohu Harris a shot at that

Agnatius, David, Ken & King doing what you gotta do so goodbye & good luck

See the rest of you all next week with shark on the menu

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

enterthewarrior

What's with all the Lawton hate. He's not the one picking himself in the back row, it's the coach. Hes our best utility we have at the moment and should come off the bench and utilize his running game. The second row experiment has to end ffs.

Reactions: 10 users

PNG Kiwi

Its all been said bias Refs etc.

We had the game won but couldn't execute finishing off with all the initial possession.

If brains were dynamite they wouldn't have enough to blow their heads off.

The flair has been coached out of them by SK and sometimes they just look like headless chooks.

I thought with the Titans been down on some key personnel, and the way we hung in their last week we could do it. This is typical warriors lose the ones you should win and every now and again win some you shouldn't.

I don't think Payten is to blame but most likely makes it easier not to pick him as our next head coach. Sad how Roger seems to be going backwards.

Reactions: 3 users
Geoff Public

Geoff Public

Contributor
I think we went into the game believing we were the better team. We got off to a flyer at the start.
Then we didn't know what to do because of the position we were in and we lost our way.
We're almost never in that position these days.
The confusion led to panic and desperation. The longer the game went the more we were there for the taking.

Reactions: 6 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

Sad how Roger seems to be going backwards.
Rogers a competitive player and plays to win. He’s frustrated at the dud calls and it’s affecting him. He’s trying too hard and playing on emotions.

It must be hard to put aside your competitive desire and just go through the motions. That’s what players in the past have resorted to and we hate on them for that. Roger won’t step back and tries to will the team through and he gets flak for that as well.

As a competitor, it must be hard finding the balance

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

JaggedJ

Finally two points to note.

Man - I was dissapointed with the last play of the game with time running out. Jazz threw a hail mary pass to Ken who had a one on one with his opposite winger. Ken stopped and decided not to take on his winger and try to juke him, and just meekly pass it back in field.

Oh man - if you are the Dally M winger of the year with the game on the line and a one on one match up you take that risk and try to burn the guy. Very wimpy option by Ken.

When has Ken ever juked or burnt anybody?

He took that option because even he knows he can't do it.

He's not that type of winger in a league where those wingers are worth their weight in gold.

Reactions: 5 users

wrighty

When has Ken ever juked or burnt anybody?

He took that option because even he knows he can't do it.

He's not that type of winger in a league where those wingers are worth their weight in gold.
He had to try. He had a clear one on one match up. I could name 3-4 wings who would have come up with the lollies in that circumstance. Even if Ken can't juke, he could have just tried to run right over his opposition winger. It was our only hope. At least try Ken. Do you feel me here Jagged?

wrighty

What's with all the Lawton hate. He's not the one picking himself in the back row, it's the coach. Hes our best utility we have at the moment and should come off the bench and utilize his running game. The second row experiment has to end ffs.
I am ok with Lawton as a bench utility that moves into second row due to an unexpected injury half way through the game, but if Peyton picks him for a starting or bench official forward spot again this season then bring on Geoff Toovey or Griffen as neither of those fellaresses would play either Lawton or Jazz in their "pack". Or at least I hope they wouldn't.

Am reserving judgement until tuesday's team list like I said but Peyton lost a lot of points with all concerned last night.

Reactions: 1 user
ja_weez

ja_weez

Imagine watching this game and still thinking SK was the only problem - 47% completion and they can't score against them - who's been in charge of the attack for 2 years? Peyton and Green. SK wasn't there telling Peyton to bring Jazz on at first drop for a prop, or directing them to keep running it up the middle instead of testing them wide.

Chanel Harris-Tavita deserves a shot at 1st receiver for me, but he won't achieve much there with Peyton and Green designing our set plays and structures. Kids got talent but he's still a kid, needs proper coaching.

Something's off with Papa, looked real lethargic out there, lying in the ruck even longer than Murchie, which is saying something.

That's Jazz's problem though, he takes too many runs to pad his stats but he has no impact. No chance of busting the line, doesn't make the defence answer any questions, just pedestrian hit ups.

Some great points in this.

I actually thought Papa has looked a lot more impactful with his running game the last two games. Seems to be hitting the line harder than he did last season, he is also playing far fewer minutes this year. Not sure about his defence like you called out, will have to watch out for it more.

The difference with Murchie re ruck lying is most of this it looks like Murchie is doing it on purpose to slow the ball down. Just my take though. I know Murhcie gets a bit of hate but I feel like he's one of the harder tacklers out there. Not the showy highlight hit kind but more the stop you in your tracks front on tackle. Also it looks like the right edge is less leaky with him and Herbert defending there. Agree the Murchie needs to get more involved with his running game.

I think it was wrighty who was saying the wingers need to work on catching high balls. One thing I'll add to that which was a big difference between the two teams is that the titans had a much better kick chase when it came to those mid field end of set kicks. Fusitua and Ken where forced to jump for them as they were under pressure. I never see that from a warriors side. Green just kicks them up and the opposition back 3 can just stand under the ball with no pressure.

jonesy101

jonesy101

I think we went into the game believing we were the better team. We got off to a flyer at the start.
Then we didn't know what to do because of the position we were in and we lost our way.
We're almost never in that position these days.
The confusion led to panic and desperation. The longer the game went the more we were there for the taking.
I agree with us being so unfamiliar with that flying start and I think the panic and desperation occurred because our attempt to land the final blow suddenly and deliberately got nullified by the Titans rolling the dice and resorting to so much slowing down of the play the ball. Peachey did it that often he needed to be binned. Our average play the ball speed was way down on last week for that very reason. Watching it unfold you knew that once the Titans started getting away with that sort of rubbish at the ruck that it was going to be a long night and a clear momentum changer. If this is clearly noticeable from the sideline then it absolutely has to get into the minds of the players on the field. You could tell Payten wanted to say more than he did at the press conference, but had to bite his lip since he's such a newbie and is being very careful with his words.

It is not an excuse that can be used every time we play, but last night just seemed all too familiar in that the two teams were being controlled very differently. I didn't think I would ever see anything ever as bad as the Eels game last year, but sadly its repeated itself again and we'll get the apology from the referees boss on Monday about the absurd bunker call amongst other things.

Reactions: 2 users

JaggedJ

He had to try. He had a clear one on one match up. I could name 3-4 wings who would have come up with the lollies in that circumstance. Even if Ken can't juke, he could have just tried to run right over his opposition winger. It was our only hope. At least try Ken. Do you feel me here Jagged?

3-4 - there's probably a dozen or more who would have.

But like I've said for 5 years, he's not a winger. He doesn't think like a winger.

He was a second row/centre who got thrown in the deep end because our coaching staff were too dumb to think beyond "replacement Manu"

He then worked hard to develop his high ball ability.

He then worked hard to improve his finishing.

But the rest of his wingers game is pretty damn ordinary and the things he's worked hard to do comes naturally to most stock standard wingers.

He was never going to try because it's not part of his wingers programming that doesn't go beyond hit up, catch high ball, finish short range try.

That's really it. Anything outside those narrow parameters isn't going to register.

wrighty

I say if things get grim this year we start being like Indian cricket teams and burn effigies of the usual suspects after each match. We can post youtube clips of the footage. Joke post.

It is hard to believe we lost that mach give how poor the Titans were in the first half.

ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

I am ok with Lawton as a bench utility that moves into second row due to an unexpected injury half way through the game, but if Peyton picks him for a starting or bench official forward spot again this season then bring on Geoff Toovey or Griffen as neither of those fellaresses would play either Lawton or Jazz in their "pack". Or at least I hope they wouldn't.

Am reserving judgement until tuesday's team list like I said but Peyton lost a lot of points with all concerned last night.

Play him where he goes best, which as as an impact 9, he has always gone well there even if it's a 20 min spell while Egan gets a breather because even if he is apparently an 80 min player I can guarantee it will increase his effectiveness as well. Other than that he is there to cover injuries which he is very good for, as a stop gap measure he is very versatile but this nonsense as a starting backrower needs to stop, he's finally getting a chance but in the wrong position.

Get rid of Jazz and have Lawson as the 14 and aside from him let's have a bigger pack on the field/bench. I think the forwards are there or thereabouts, including Lawson but the backs are sadly another story. Lawson can help with the shortcoming of the backs by implementing his running game from dummy half when he is on the field, something he can't do from the backrow.

Reactions: 4 users

wrighty

Play him where he goes best, which as as an impact 9, he has always gone well there even if it's a 20 min spell while Egan gets a breather because even if he is apparently an 80 min player I can guarantee it will increase his effectiveness as well. Other than that he is there to cover injuries which he is very good for, as a stop gap measure he is very versatile but this nonsense as a starting backrower needs to stop, he's finally getting a chance but in the wrong position.

Get rid of Jazz and have Lawson as the 14 and aside from him let's have a bigger pack on the field/bench. I think the forwards are there or thereabouts, including Lawson but the backs are sadly another story. Lawson can help with the shortcoming of the backs by implementing his running game from dummy half when he is on the field, something he can't do from the backrow.
100% agree
Great post.

JBmurc

JBmurc

How can you take this NRL serious? It is so obvious when the Fusitua gets penalised for tackling a player in the air when legitimately going for the ball and then later gets NO PENALTY when getting interfered with in the air and lands on his head... Don't get me started on the SO CALLED NO TRY! RUBBISH and BULLSHIT CALLS... OBVIOUS BIAS

There needs to be an investigation!!!!

even Blocker (known hater of the warriors!!) was miffed on ref calls ....

wizards rage

wizards rage

Can anyone (bruce) post the herald article:

Rugby league: Warriors search for answers from referees' boss following loss

Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

Can anyone (bruce) post the herald article:

Rugby league: Warriors search for answers from referees' boss following loss

Nothing really newsworthy, just saying they are talking to Bernard Sutton about the lack of penalties, but not making any excuses.

Reactions: 1 users
Damo

Damo

Sorry if posted earlier, but was anyone else getting pissed off with Tevaga and Lisone taking pot shots at each other? I know you're mates but just play the damn game normally.