Votes: 10 11.8%
  • C

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • F-

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters
The Falcon

The Falcon

This is left field, and although he’s only early into his career, re Chanel Harris-Tavita, I wonder if he is dynamic enough to command a halves spot - however with his build, physicality and how he plays the game he could play in the forwards?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

Did the Titans demonstrate what a good coaching team can do?

On Paper , the Warriors looked stronger but I really do believe that Holbrook, Dymock and co are better than our coaching team.
That is true. But Holbrook has already had plenty of full time first grade head coaching experience and to be fair this is only Peyton's third game so its pretty inevitable that would be the case. And Peyton and co had nothing to do with the truly lack of proper reffing that was taking place out there.

Reactions: 1 user

JaggedJ

This is left field, and although he’s only early into his career, re Chanel Harris-Tavita, I wonder if he is dynamic enough to command a halves spot - however with his build, physicality and how he plays the game he could play in the forwards?

He could, but we have better forward options so why would we?

If he can't make it in the halves he doesn't have a place here.

Reactions: 1 users
YeahNah 4020

YeahNah 4020

Payten interview

well spoken and articulate, but we need someone who can really get the message across to the officials to help sway the officiating momentum our way.

I’m looking for that articulate mongrel who can lick and bite the hand that feeds

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

I was thinking that same thing last night. His defensive hits last night were impressive and he could do a similar job to what we are getting Jazz to do.

6Again

Tohu Harris - I watched one of the highlight reels of Fusitua's tries the warriors posted on facebook the other day and I get the feeling we are wasting him at lock. He was so good on the edge, late footwork, great running lines, putting people into space. I get that he makes an impact in the middle but its the same RTS argument, why get a impactful attacking player grinding in the middle?

Felt for Tohu Harris yesterday, bloke’s ass was hanging out playing through the middle all game.

Warriors mentality for a long time has been to plug vulnerability with your best players. Strengthen one area whilst weakening another.

Reactions: 10 users

kos

I was at the game right at the top of the Eastern Stand.
This was a game we should have won by 30. The Titans had a heap of topline players out. Centres Kelly/Copley replaced by anti vaxer Bryce Cartright and a newbie. Phillip Sami out on the wing and replaced by a debutant. Mitch Rein out at hooker replaced by Erin Clarke who is an adequate player no more. Proctor out he is the Titans Tohu Harris.
Yeah Hetheringtons disallowed try looked ok to me.
Fusitua was taken out in the air no penalty.
But our attack was woeful. Green is just slow slow slow awful. Chanel Harris-Tavita didn't offer anything?
One player consistently put in -Tohu Harris, in fact I d put Tohu Harris at 6 and Kodi at 7 or vice versa.
Both teams were offside horribly all game rendering hard charging forwards and our 2 and 5 runs ineffective as they couldn't get a run up.
Robinson is correct to move Green on. Really we should stop playing him and try some other combinations if we in fact have any players left.
We missed Kodi when he runs and passes we get momentum. Green just stands still and passes we lose momentum. Chanel Harris-Tavita does a couple of useless stupid dribble kicks each game cant remember anything else from Chanel Harris-Tavita.
Ah well always next week Katoa and Kodi back. I also thought Ice was ok in his short stint he tackles really effectively.
The AUCKLAND warriors snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1995.

Reactions: 19 users
Weno

Weno

Was thinking that myself brother.
Ball playing lock.
Jason Sutton for example.

Reactions: 1 user
Tim burgess

Tim burgess

We can blame the referee but let's not move away from the fact in the first half Warriors had enough possession to have won the game.It is a credit the Titans who hung in defence and eventually ground the Warriors down.

The performance wasn't that bad but let face facts the majority of the Warriors squad would struggle to play first grade at most clubs.

All the recent signings and loan players have been from NSW or Q Cup. Hence, you cannot expect them to reach the heights we all want within a few months.

Lawton is a classic case great heart and effort but would he be a regular at another club. I think not? I do love his effort and the same with Jazz.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Harris and maybe Ken and Fusitua would be cut the mustard on a regular bases in good teams. The rest may struggle.

We are a long term project with these group of players just like the Titans who have bolstered the squad with similar type of signings ie. Erin Clark, Jamal Foggerty amongst others.

Im long passed setting my expectations to high because of the lack of quality cattle and coaching we have endured for a sustained period of time.

The next coaching and signings for the club will set the tone for the next 3 to 4 years. Hence, it is so important to get this right.

Reactions: 9 users
Weno

Weno

I was at the game right at the top of the Eastern Stand.
This was a game we should have won by 30. The Titans had a heap of topline players out. Centres Kelly/Copley replaced by anti vaxer Bryce Cartright and a newbie. Phillip Sami out on the wing and replaced by a debutant. Mitch Rein out at hooker replaced by Erin Clarke who is an adequate player no more. Proctor out he is the Titans Tohu Harris.
Yeah Hetheringtons disallowed try looked ok to me.
Fusitua was taken out in the air no penalty.
But our attack was woeful. Green is just slow slow slow awful. Chanel Harris-Tavita didn't offer anything?
One player consistently put in -Tohu Harris, in fact I d put Tohu Harris at 6 and Kodi at 7 or vice versa.
Both teams were offside horribly all game rendering hard charging forwards and our 2 and 5 runs ineffective as they couldn't get a run up.
Robinson is correct to move Green on. Really we should stop playing him and try some other combinations if we in fact have any players left.
We missed Kodi when he runs and passes we get momentum. Green just stands still and passes we lose momentum. Chanel Harris-Tavita does a couple of useless stupid dribble kicks each game cant remember anything else from Chanel Harris-Tavita.
Ah well always next week Katoa and Kodi back. I also thought Ice was ok in his short stint he tackles really effectively.
The AUCKLAND warriors snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1995.
Good to get a view from the stands,thanks brother.

JaggedJ

Games against current top 8 teams
0-5
162-24

Games against current bottom 8 teams
3-1
93-58

The gulf between where we are and where we want to be is incredibly wide.

Fortunately we have company.

bangbros18

bangbros18

I was thinking that same thing last night. His defensive hits last night were impressive and he could do a similar job to what we are getting Jazz to do.
We are starting to build an impressive lot of utility players then? We only need one good utility in that 14 jersey. I dont care what anyone says you still need a 4 prop rotation, what we really need is to start unlocking second faze play! We need mobile forwards who can offload and backs who can push up and support. Its starting to baffle me how Roger Tuivasa-Sheck as fit as he is doesn't support much?

Reactions: 5 users

The Truth

We need to use the position we are in as leverage to get a fair rub of the green.
We need to have that killer instinct.
Any Australian team would take any advantage we can get.

Reading the Facebook posts on this game there was 1700 posts from all league supporters and each and every one of those posts said we were destroyed by the refs once again.
I have never seen a thread on a game dominated by comments about the reffing like I just read.

We need to either tell the NRL we are out if we don't get a fair shot or just leave now and say too late NRL. We addressed this last year and it continues.
The unconscious bias is losing us fans, it's losing the sport fans, it's losing us coaches, players and enough is enough.

I'm sick of it. I don't care if we win or lose as long as we are reffed in the same manner as the opposing teams.
It's beyond a joke and we all need to walk from this game.
I did it to Rugby Union once the refs started to decide games there and have never gone back.
It's about to happen here.
I'm done.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

This match was a clear clear clear example of why Kearney had to go.

Imagine watching this game and still thinking SK was the only problem - 47% completion and they can't score against them - who's been in charge of the attack for 2 years? Peyton and Green. SK wasn't there telling Peyton to bring Jazz on at first drop for a prop, or directing them to keep running it up the middle instead of testing them wide.

Chanel Harris-Tavita deserves a shot at 1st receiver for me, but he won't achieve much there with Peyton and Green designing our set plays and structures. Kids got talent but he's still a kid, needs proper coaching.

This lawton experiment in the back row has to stop, i mean how is lawton keeping papalii out of a back row spot? Is he on the way out?

Something's off with Papa, looked real lethargic out there, lying in the ruck even longer than Murchie, which is saying something.

I also don’t get the Jazz Slander - first game this season, he didn’t do too bad.

Nearly ran for 100m, 28 tackles.

That's Jazz's problem though, he takes too many runs to pad his stats but he has no impact. No chance of busting the line, doesn't make the defence answer any questions, just pedestrian hit ups.

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
So we have players making better meters than Jazz, and players making better tackles. Yet people are happy to have him greedy up a spot in the 17?!

Jazz is a symptom of the Warriors malaise. When we couldn't make meters and no one was making tackles he was useful. Now we have that, we lack creativity and explosiveness on attack. How on earth is Jazz the answer to that problem?!?

Reactions: 6 users

wrighty

Well.

I think our lips dropped after the Hetherington try was disallowed.

When the scored got to 12-6 we played like a team not used to winning and played with a lack of composure. The three dropped kicks were unacceptable by our back three. Rogers drop I think led to to their game winning try.

While it was sad to lose this game, very sad indeed, if good things come from it then that is ok.

1) Perhaps the back three spend a week catch high balls
2) Perhaps Jazz and Lawton get demoted and we put bigger forwards like King etc there instead. Neither of them did anything wrong, but one of the reasons I liked the start of this season is that we seemed to have a team strategy. We were going to try to be the biggest pack in the comp and out muscle the opposition. We didn't win the collision up front last night. We certainly held our own, but we didn't win it. Let's drop Jazz and Lawton from the forwards and get bigger blokes in. Hopefully Katoa comes back for a start. Had we had him last night we would have won.
3) The game and this tuesday's team sheet gives a strong view of Payton as a coach for me. If he is still picking Lawton and Jazz as forwards then I don't want the dude. Again neither Jazz or Lawton did anything wrong but they were too easy and soft to tackle and despite making 140 tackles in the first half the Titans were quite fresh at half time.

Hiku shone last night. Chanel Harris-Tavita was ok despite reports here to the contrary. He helped set up a try down his edge and apart from one ill fated kick and chase on the 3rd tackle in the red zone he didn't over play his hand. Most importantly his two side line conversions were critical. He needs to stay somewhere in the line up just for goal kicking alone.
I wrote him off after his first two games this season but someone has spoken to him.

Egan learned last night you can't push the envelope as a warrior. Arguably
1) the Egan knock on (which was minute)
2) the Egan penalty
3) the Harris mis play of the ball

Stopped us from completing important sets and meant we had hardly any pill in the 2nd half. Take away any one of those plays or the 3 dropped high catches by the back three and maybe it is a different outcome.

Finally two points to note.

Man - I was dissapointed with the last play of the game with time running out. Jazz threw a hail mary pass to Ken who had a one on one with his opposite winger. Ken stopped and decided not to take on his winger and try to juke him, and just meekly pass it back in field.

Oh man - if you are the Dally M winger of the year with the game on the line and a one on one match up you take that risk and try to burn the guy. Very wimpy option by Ken.

We aren't going to and weren't going to win the premiership this season as long as those changes i asked for come then the loss will be a good thing it happened.

Last point - management has very politely messaged me and asked me to make my language less littered with curse words. So will of course honour that request and lift up the tone of my posts :)

Thanks all

Wrighty

Reactions: 8 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

Well.

I think our lips dropped after the Hetherington try was disallowed.

When the scored got to 12-6 we played like a team not used to winning and played with a lack of composure. The three dropped kicks were unacceptable by our back three. Rogers drop I think led to to their game winning try.

While it was sad to lose this game, very sad indeed, if good things come from it then that is ok.

1) Perhaps the back three spend a week catch high balls
2) Perhaps Jazz and Lawton get demoted and we put bigger forwards like King etc there instead. Neither of them did anything wrong, but one of the reasons I liked the start of this season is that we seemed to have a team strategy. We were going to try to be the biggest pack in the comp and out muscle the opposition. We didn't win the collision up front last night. We certainly held our own, but we didn't win it. Let's drop Jazz and Lawton from the forwards and get bigger blokes in. Hopefully Katoa comes back for a start. Had we had him last night we would have won.
3) The game and this tuesday's team sheet gives a strong view of Payton as a coach for me. If he is still picking Lawton and Jazz as forwards then I don't want the dude. Again neither Jazz or Lawton did anything wrong but they were too easy and soft to tackle and despite making 140 tackles in the first half the Titans were quite fresh at half time.

Hiku shone last night. Chanel Harris-Tavita was ok despite reports here to the contrary. He helped set up a try down his edge and apart from one ill fated kick and chase on the 3rd tackle in the red zone he didn't over play his hand. Most importantly his two side line conversions were critical. He needs to stay somewhere in the line up just for goal kicking alone.
I wrote him off after his first two games this season but someone has spoken to him.

Egan learned last night you can't push the envelope as a warrior. Arguably
1) the Egan knock on (which was minute)
2) the Egan penalty
3) the Harris mis play of the ball

Stopped us from completing important sets and meant we had hardly any pill in the 2nd half. Take away any one of those plays or the 3 dropped high catches by the back three and maybe it is a different outcome.

Finally two points to note.

Man - I was dissapointed with the last play of the game with time running out. Jazz threw a hail mary pass to Ken who had a one on one with his opposite winger. Ken stopped and decided not to take on his winger and try to juke him, and just meekly pass it back in field.

Oh man - if you are the Dally M winger of the year with the game on the line and a one on one match up you take that risk and try to burn the guy. Very wimpy option by Ken.

We aren't going to and weren't going to win the premiership this season as long as those changes i asked for come then the loss will be a good thing it happened.

Last point - management has very politely messaged me and asked me to make my language less littered with curse words. So will of course honour that request and lift up the tone of my posts :)

Thanks all

Wrighty
If their lips dropped because of that then they are just a bunch of pussys! There was plenty of tim left in the game to win! Seriously titans lose their halfback for most the second half and we dont even fire a shot!

Blake green you can get right over your fucken old self, you were never going to be here next year even if kearney was here!!!! If you would like to leave now then please do.

Reactions: 1 users
Blain

Blain

I don't think their lips dropped at all this game. That showed in defense. We just looked clunky as fuck on attack, made too many errors, and failed to create pressure, which is all we had to do to beat the Titans. We didn't give ourselves a chance in that last half.

Liking Payten's approach, yeah there were some bad calls, but we didn't help ourselves. Concrentrate on what you can control as a coach, let George/management complain about refs. The best we can hope for is an apology.

Not worth making excuses for the team, which will help the team think about their own game, rather than the "poor us" attitude which existed during the Kearney era. Payten's approach is the right one IMO.

Reactions: 7 users