Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton's between a rock and a hard place on this. He's only the interim coach and probably has less than a 20% chance of getting the main gig.

However, I'm sure Mohawk and co will have told him that a decent performance might give him a leg up. So, what to do?

Play all the young guys and take the losses (probable) or go with experience and take less of a loss (possible)?

I know, I know, our record so far is abysmal but he will be thinking I don't want it any worse under my watch.

Can someone explain the reasoning as to why we arn't blooding players? We literally have nothing to gain this season, so why are blokes like Hetherington walking into a bench spot. Blake Green is not there next season, sit him down and give Chanel Harris-Tavita a decent nudge to see if hes worth persuing further. Give king a decent run see if hes worth putting more time into. Fringe and younger players such as ATG and Ale. Is it the two week thing, what am I missing? Starting to get a bit agitated with this loan player bullshit, when we are a no show of making the 8.

DT are reporting that they are going to be giving Chanel Harris-Tavita a run at halfback over Green for the next 4-6 weeks, possibly even starting this game. Hetherington will be because they guaranteed him game time - Panthers wouldn't have agreed to loan a player just so we had enough numbers on the training paddock, has to be an upside to them. I'm guessing the reason why we get contracted loan players rather than picking up a few uncontracted NSW Cup guys to make up spots in opposed training is that those guys won't have been in the NRL bubble, so we wouldn't be able to bring them in without a 2-week stand-down at least.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Peyton's between a rock and a hard place on this. He's only the interim coach and probably has less than a 20% chance of getting the main gig.

However, I'm sure Mohawk and co will have told him that a decent performance might give him a leg up. So, what to do?

Play all the young guys and take the losses (probable) or go with experience and take less of a loss (possible)?

I know, I know, our record so far is abysmal but he will be thinking I don't want it any worse under my watch.
I f i was in his position hell what have i got to lose, tell the first grade squad if you don't perform you will be dropped, bring in some guys that show they want to play, heck the Broncos are doing it,

I f i was in his position hell what have i got to lose, tell the first grade squad if you don't perform you will be dropped, bring in some guys that show they want to play, heck the Broncos are doing it,

True. But they're 0-5. So that does the "bring the new boys in" argument no good at all. And what you're seeing with the young Broncos is motion rather than direction. So it's effort - which is good - spent in aimless wandering - not good.

Pulu has been given permission to leave Oz and return to Auckland to be with his pregnant wife who has been involved in a car accident.

NRL has given the Warriors permission to bring in another loan player.

My first reaction: Thoughts are with Leivaha, hope his family are all good.

My second reaction was “wait Pulu was there?”, why the hell were we getting loan players?

Was he injured?

His form has been bog average for an extended period now. So much so that King and George Ros...Curran were getting a run.

Be interesting to see if he could have played back into form if given the chances some other players have got last season.

He seemed alright in ISP even if that team played like a pack of idiots.

Reactions: blue bells
Status
Not open for further replies.