General NRL 2020 Round 5 - General Discussion

Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
It'a always going to be a problem. We also have a huge nursery of talent, just need the leadership/funding to take advantage.

Reactions: 1 users
Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Another try for the Roosters.

We play the Roosters in round 11 (25 July), I'm interested to see how we will fare.

Reactions: 1 user

xWarrior

Roosters are on a another level. Look how they work the ruck and mix up their hit ups. Why do the warriors just take 1 out hit ups till the 5th tackle?

Reactions: 1 users

JaggedJ

Roosters are on a another level. Look how they work the ruck and mix up their hit ups. Why do the warriors just take 1 out hit ups till the 5th tackle?

Because our wingers/centres/fullback are in the middle of the field carting it up.

Can't go wide if nobody is there to pass to.

But they all get nice stats to blind people into thinking it's all good so let's gone Kearneyball.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Roosters interchange dude Sitili Tupouniua looks the goods, keeping our loan player out of their squad.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
watching the roosters/dogs game tonight, about 3-4 minutes before the end the ref calls 6 again in favour of the dogs and before the play has completed a roosters player steals the ball off the dogs, the ref calls play on.

It was a fair strip, but doesnt that negate the advantage of a 6 again call? Under the old rules they would have had a kick for touch and gotten the advantage off that, but due to this they get nothing for an infringement by the roosters.

Does this sound right?

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Yeah.
I am assuming that the teacher who tested positive for covid at the players kids school has had low exposure to the players child.

Idiot Jock commentators and Administrators focused on negative tests, so she is all sweet to play a day later. Negative tests mean nothing till enough time has elapsed...so just under a week after contact.

I am sure it is fine, however their covid approach albeit guided by the health dept is bullshit. So my confidence is in the chance factor rather than the science.

The comp wont make it from the day there is a covid case, all that close contact, shes all over.

The obvious thing is to place the player in fourteen day isolation from the rest of the NRL..monitor the household and go from there.

Good luck, keep rolling that dice....
Yea i noticed the same thing with the tigers game, there was Benji sitting in the stand, no mask on talking to other players from the opposition and beside players of his own team. Theres this real thing in Aus (where i am at least) in assuming this is all over. However there has just been an outbreak close to where i am (first time since this started) and now its in the neighbouring suburb. But out on the streets, everyone is starting to act like its all over.

Have the tests they are doing become way more accurate and able to tell you if you defn dont have the disease and i just missed the notification?

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Aren't they trying to quicken the game up with the 6 to go? Less penalties helps with that, but the idea is the slowing of the game gets punished with the 6 to go. So yes, you would hope they are calling things that didn't used to be penalties. No more negative wrestling tactics. However, I was watching some pretty long wrestles in Storm/Knights
Yea storm vs Knights the storm seemed to wrestle on defense and get the 6 again on attack

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
How many forward passes from dummy half for the sharkies.... Atrocious officiating in that area.
Been saying for years that the sharks get more than the rub of the green. Games like this where the wrong result occurs, ie the bottom team winning show just how blatant this can be.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
I thought Shaun Johnson went good- don’t know why they kept playing to Townsend- he’s got nothing.
Man I hope we get Rudolph- in a losing side he was a shining light- carried their pack.
I thought he did too, well at least that 5 minute period 10 minutes before the end. Pity about the rest of the game where they needed him.

Nah to be fair he played ok for most of that game, not great, but he did save his best until it was all or nothing, just like when he was a warrior. And with the same result. Catch up football is looking to fail. Play like that all game and they would have won.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Also highlights how difficult it is for us to recruit. Dogs have been more rubbish than us for years and they have no problem signing everyone and their grandma.
According to the old dude commentating at half time, they are going to have to pay overs to get anyone, and the coach has 3 games left to cement his role or hes for the chop, because players wont come even for overs if he cant get some win on the table.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Another try for the Roosters.

We play the Roosters in round 11 (25 July), I'm interested to see how we will fare.
We will crush them, im not just saying that, i think the warriors have the measure of their in your face attack. The flat line they use is great if your defence isnt that hot, but the warriors defence is pretty hot at the moment. Tohu Harris will shut down Teddy and that just leaves the wings as a threat. Use a compressed defence like over the weekend and then run Ken and Fusitua at the twins until they break and you will negate that. I would be more worried if they were kickers.

Reactions: 3 users
Noitall

Noitall

Taumalolo saying he was underdone against the Warriors even though he made nearly 300 run metres in round 3 and 4.
He was under an injury cloud heading into the game but I think it's as much Blair owning him as anything.

Reactions: 3 users