General NRL 2020 Round 5 - General Discussion

Sup42

Sup42

Barn storming start to the game for Rudolph. Looking forward to seeing him next season.

Reactions: 1 user
Sup42

Sup42

I’ve heard the Warriors management are “still hopeful” he’ll be here next year.
Probably spooked by lockdown issues, getting stuck here, return to Aus restrictions....who knows I guess...and no one knows what the situation will be 2021.

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Anyone have a view on how the 6 again rule is being ref'd?

My understanding is that it was to be used instead of a penalty but after almost 3 rounds since its introduction my sense is that ref's are calling 6 again in circumstances where they would never have given a penalty.

The only outlier seems to be Ben Cummins who has stayed with the "status quo" i.e. old rules penalty - new rules 6 again

Take the Warriors game v Cowboys there were 13 penalties and while no stats available I would say around 5 6 again per team - when was the last time we would see a NRL game with 23 penalties.

Also the average PTB time was approx 3.5secs (3.47s Warriors, 3.69 Cows) which is not that much different to the average in a 2019 game

Aren't they trying to quicken the game up with the 6 to go? Less penalties helps with that, but the idea is the slowing of the game gets punished with the 6 to go. So yes, you would hope they are calling things that didn't used to be penalties. No more negative wrestling tactics. However, I was watching some pretty long wrestles in Storm/Knights

Reactions: 2 users
Miket12

Miket12

From July 1, NSW govt. are going to let crowds of up to 10,000 attend matches. Things like temperature checks at the gates will be in place.

JaggedJ

I’ve heard the Warriors management are “still hopeful” he’ll be here next year.

Well he can't use the "Warrior's suck" argument because the Sharks are looking atrocious.

Imagine getting pumped by the Dragons.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Well he can't use the "Warrior's suck" argument because the Sharks are looking atrocious.

Imagine getting pumped by the Dragons.
How many forward passes from dummy half for the sharkies.... Atrocious officiating in that area.

wizards rage

wizards rage

Footy gods weren’t shining on the Sharks today.

Well done Dragons. Sharks are looking like also rans this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Defence

Defence

How many forward passes from dummy half for the sharkies.... Atrocious officiating in that area.

Dragons too- hunt was playing gridiron.
Did the ruck ref used to call them? Cause the linesman ain’t.

Reactions: 1 user
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Dragons too- hunt was playing gridiron.
Did the ruck ref used to call them? Cause the linesman ain’t.
To be fair Blair seemed to be over running it a bit and get a few “line” balls on Friday too

Defence

Defence

I thought Shaun Johnson went good- don’t know why they kept playing to Townsend- he’s got nothing.
Man I hope we get Rudolph- in a losing side he was a shining light- carried their pack.

• Haha
Viking

Viking

Aren't they trying to quicken the game up with the 6 to go? Less penalties helps with that, but the idea is the slowing of the game gets punished with the 6 to go. So yes, you would hope they are calling things that didn't used to be penalties. No more negative wrestling tactics. However, I was watching some pretty long wrestles in Storm/Knights
Thing is, teams on defense are slowing the tackle down to a snail pace on the first as all they sacrifice now is an extra tackle to kill the roll on instead of a chunk of yardage from the penalty. Also, if a tackler has a crack at a one on one strip, they can slow the tackle down for as long as they like, the Raiders are the masters of it but the other teams are catching on. I hate the new stripping rule for that reason alone.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Roosters vs Bulldogs is a training run for the Roosters.... Scoring at will. Such a well coached team - makes me sick. :D

Reactions: 3 users

JaggedJ

Also highlights how difficult it is for us to recruit. Dogs have been more rubbish than us for years and they have no problem signing everyone and their grandma.