General NRL 2020 Round 5 - General Discussion

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
NRL 2020 Round 5 - General Discussion

A thread for all 2019 Round 5 team lists, discussions, news and views. Serves as a team list thread and game day discussion for all games through the week (besides the Warriors one of course :) ).

Feel free to add team lists as they become available people. Thank you...

The Falcon

The Falcon

If you wanted to look at how the team are really travelling, we have played the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th placed team while seriously depleted.. sensing a turnaround is in the pipeline with 4 or the next 5 games v teams in and around us #Allin # Blindfaith #Goforlaunch #Glasshalffull #Suckerforpunishment 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

If you wanted to look at how the team are really travelling, we have played the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th placed team while seriously depleted.. sensing a turnaround is in the pipeline with 4 or the next 5 games v teams in and around us #Allin # Blindfaith #Goforlaunch #Glasshalffull #Suckerforpunishment 😉
This is the definition of a abusive relationship!

Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Love the #sucker for punishment.
I just finished watching the dogs, drags game and at least we are not the drags

Also love listening to cooper discuss position and placement, hope he doesnt lose that as he develops as a commentator

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

18-18. Broncos are like the boxer who doesn’t like it when the opponent hits them back

Reactions: 2 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Broncos really stuffed that second half up. Looked so much like the warriors, trying to hold onto a lead, rather than continuing with the attitude and effort that got you the lead

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Broncos really stuffed that second half up. Looked so much like the warriors, trying to hold onto a lead, rather than continuing with the attitude and effort that got you the lead
Could have gone 24-0 up at one point. That would have been game

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
ivans attack might still be paint drying but his panthers havnt conceded a point in 120 minutes and counting. this is a dull affair.

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Tremendous last few minutes by Parra. Gus Gould will have spilt his pint

Reactions: 1 user
Weno

Weno

Erin Clarke was pretty good today.
One horrendous pass.
Got out of the blocks a few times making good yardage.
Fogerty got injured so he and Tannah Boyd share the dummy half honours and became a third half.
Rock solid defence.

Lisone was good again,got snotted with shoulder barge.
Got straight up and looked as if he was heading for a dust up with Su'a.
Took it up after the penalty, ran straight at him again.

Titans gave it a good go.
Just out classes in the end.

Uk Warriors fan

Got to feel for the tigers, played well but couldn’t catch a break with the referee. Looked like a warriors game!

Dixpat

Dixpat

In Stacey we (have to) trust
Contributor
Anyone have a view on how the 6 again rule is being ref'd?

My understanding is that it was to be used instead of a penalty but after almost 3 rounds since its introduction my sense is that ref's are calling 6 again in circumstances where they would never have given a penalty.

The only outlier seems to be Ben Cummins who has stayed with the "status quo" i.e. old rules penalty - new rules 6 again

Take the Warriors game v Cowboys there were 13 penalties and while no stats available I would say around 5 6 again per team - when was the last time we would see a NRL game with 23 penalties.

Also the average PTB time was approx 3.5secs (3.47s Warriors, 3.69 Cows) which is not that much different to the average in a 2019 game

wizards rage

wizards rage

Anyone have a view on how the 6 again rule is being ref'd?

My understanding is that it was to be used instead of a penalty but after almost 3 rounds since its introduction my sense is that ref's are calling 6 again in circumstances where they would never have given a penalty.

The only outlier seems to be Ben Cummins who has stayed with the "status quo" i.e. old rules penalty - new rules 6 again

Take the Warriors game v Cowboys there were 13 penalties and while no stats available I would say around 5 6 again per team - when was the last time we would see a NRL game with 23 penalties.

Also the average PTB time was approx 3.5secs (3.47s Warriors, 3.69 Cows) which is not that much different to the average in a 2019 game
I heard one of the commentators in one game say they give 6 agains for calls that would have been a warning before as previously it would be to stop start calling everything.

Reactions: 1 user
Diesel

Diesel

For those missing MNF, you’re in for a treat. Bulldogs v Roosters has been postponed due to a COVID scare

• Wow
Sup42

Sup42

For those missing MNF, you’re in for a treat. Bulldogs v Roosters has been postponed due to a COVID scare
Yeah.
I am assuming that the teacher who tested positive for covid at the players kids school has had low exposure to the players child.

Idiot Jock commentators and Administrators focused on negative tests, so she is all sweet to play a day later. Negative tests mean nothing till enough time has elapsed...so just under a week after contact.

I am sure it is fine, however their covid approach albeit guided by the health dept is bullshit. So my confidence is in the chance factor rather than the science.

The comp wont make it from the day there is a covid case, all that close contact, shes all over.

The obvious thing is to place the player in fourteen day isolation from the rest of the NRL..monitor the household and go from there.

Good luck, keep rolling that dice....