• D

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • F---

Votes: 31 35.2%

• Total voters
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
No subtlety with Kearneys game plans. No exploiting our strengths. Hooker should run with Nikorima and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in support. Or use Harris as decoy with someone with pace running behind.

Zero offloads in our game. Which is a crime with Harris and Blair in the middle.

I just want SK, Payten et al to lock Roger Tuivasa-Sheck up in a dark room watching Wade McKinnon for the week. Have him sit directly behind the ruck and sniff around the forwards all game long. One of the few positives is that our forwards are looking okay in the collision.

Unfortunately with no strike power out wide the opposition can channel their energy directly onto whatever threat we offer.

Reactions: 10 users
Wananga Kingi

Wananga Kingi

No subtlety with Kearneys game plans. No exploiting our strengths. Hooker should run with Nikorima and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in support. Or use Harris as decoy with someone with pace running behind.

Zero offloads in our game. Which is a crime with Harris and Blair in the middle.
By the looks of it he’s gone back to 2017,boasting high completion with no offloads or creativity, hence the reason we’re shit.

Reactions: 1 users
PullinTeeth

PullinTeeth

I just want SK, Payten et al to lock Roger Tuivasa-Sheck up in a dark room watching Wade McKinnon for the week. Have him sit directly behind the ruck and sniff around the forwards all game long. One of the few positives is that our forwards are looking okay in the collision.

Unfortunately with no strike power out wide the opposition can channel their energy directly onto whatever threat we offer.
Yeah but Kearneys such a dumb cu** hes already had a video session with the forwards and told them never to offload the ball if they value their careers.

Reactions: 1 user
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Not a bad effort for a reserve grade side without half the forwards, Ken, Fusitua, Hiku, a pack leader and a class half. Egan looks fat and lazy, Green was as inept as ever. Positives - Roosters guy had a bit of aggro, young Jamayne Tounua-Brown and Krakatoa stood out again, Tohu Harris's a true pro and at least we're not the Broncos.

That was fucking torture waiting 80 minutes to stop being shit, no luck at all tonight and Cecchin's a total cu**, pretty sure he he's always had a bias filter against us. Might go alright if we get a few troops back but I don't think I can watch the Roosters set a world record score against us. No speed, no creativity, no vision, no set plays, no offloads, we've got nothing. We're fucked this year so might as well just enjoy the good teams annihilating the Broncs and next year's our year.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
snake77

snake77

One of the tries the Roosters got last night with Liu making a break up the middle putting Keary away who raced to the line with Morris supporting him is how we should be playing. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Nikorima supporting around the ruck working off an offload or testing tired defenders.

We have some players who could suit the game being sped up or guys getting tired with the ball in play more.

Reactions: 5 users
Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Also while I'm at (and I may be at it for a while, depending on these drinks), it's not hard to see how limp dick these selections are (see what I did there?).

Beale at centre, or to be honest any role on the field, is an utter waste. Centre is such a dynamic position, the player should be creative, fast and defensively sound. Beale is arguably defensively sound. Arguably. That's all.

But you don't pick Beale at centre if you want to win games. You pick Beale at centre because you are trying to defend a scoreline, which is a terrible way to start any game.

Beale is a backup centre/winger.

The most exciting part of the game was seeing our future players give it a go. I'm glad Perham got a shot. I don't how well he went, I was too busy crying into my drink, but if we can take anything from this seasom it is to give game time and develop combinations with the players we want to play next year.

Not Beale.
Not Egan.
Not Green.
Not Blair.

Reactions: 9 users
Swanley

Swanley

Pros:
- For the most part the defence was actually OK I thought. They scored off errors, and made the most of a couple of breaks, but we didn't give up the middle.

- Hayze looked dangerous at times, Katoa looked OK, Tohu Harris is a monster

Cons:
- I've been a Green defender for a long time but the guy is just completely washed. His kicks have zero height or length, and him trying to tackle Kikau looked like someones dad was filling in for park footy.

- I don't understand the rotation at all. You've got endless back rowers, and yet Lawton still ends up being put there for a big chunk of the game? Papalii plays 40 straight, and then only comes back for a couple of minutes at the end? I also thought Murchie and Vuniyayawas stints were too long.

- Nikorima and Egan need to run. I'm seriously wondering whether they've been told to just be distributors for the first 50-60 minutes because they almost looked scared of contact, even if they caught an offload they were playing hot potato to get rid of it.

- The attack. Enough said.
Can't find any fault with this....it comes down to our attack. Defence is looking good.
But our attack is so poor it puts us under pressure on defence due to field position.

Reactions: 4 users
Wigan Warrior

Wigan Warrior

Does the fact that his other foot was touching the ground in the in goal not negate that?

No, because he still had one foot out of play. You have to basically imagine he has the ball in his hand at the time.

If you jump with 1 foot in and 1 foot out to take a catch then you haven't diffused the bomb for a tap restart, it's a dropout.

Reactions: 1 users

Dunedin warrior

They tried hard and the forwards have the potential to improve. We just don’t have the talent in the backs to create anything. The Panthers came out with physicality and intensity and once a good team does that we have no shots to fire.
Missing a lot of players so there are some excuses but we are going to struggle to score points no matter who in our squad is running out.

kabkram

Lots of mistakes from the younger guys. Like the broncos, to much inexperience on the field. This would be one of the least experienced and youngest Warriors sides ever.

Add to that the ref shafting us and then lack of possession compounded things through fatigue errors. Downward spiral.

As bad as it was, it was mainly due to the inexperienced guys that wouldn’t be in the team if everyone was fit. I didn’t think the effort was bad all things considered.
Dude you're deluded, last week was an abhoration and this will be the norm for the rest of the season, get into the opposition 20 and we're clueless, have been for while , given an fair share of the ball our defence will keep us in a game , but our attacking options are virtually nil.

Reactions: 6 users

Dunedin warrior

Oh and if you are going to play Egan he needs to be running the show like Hodgson and Smith as he isn’t a runner. He was deferring to Green far too much. It might be getting to the point where playing Green is doing more harm then good. Give him an assistant coach role and use him as injury cover. It’s not like he can be worse than Iro, Payton and Jones.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Warrior#214

Warrior#214

Because he is not a half. And to think Kearney said he was courting him a year earlier than he joined.

Our Roster is fucked.
So answer me this - how do the roosters afford a combo of Crichton, Radley & Cordner. Mr Google tells me Cricthons on 850 and Cordners 800 - surely Radleys on 600k minimum, Are they paying the Morris brothers in petrol vouchers?

Wananga Kingi

Wananga Kingi

Also while I'm at (and I may be at it for a while, depending on these drinks), it's not hard to see how limp dick these selections are (see what I did there?).

Beale at centre, or to be honest any role on the field, is an utter waste. Centre is such a dynamic position, the player should be creative, fast and defensively sound. Beale is arguably defensively sound. Arguably. That's all.

But you don't pick Beale at centre if you want to win games. You pick Beale at centre because you are trying to defend a scoreline, which is a terrible way to start any game.

Beale is a backup centre/winger.

The most exciting part of the game was seeing our future players give it a go. I'm glad Perham got a shot. I don't how well he went, I was too busy crying into my drink, but if we can take anything from this seasom it is to give game time and develop combinations with the players we want to play next year.

Not Beale.
Not Egan.
Not Green.
Not Blair.
Blair was good as he was last week

Reactions: 7 users
sballer7

sballer7

So answer me this - how do the roosters afford a combo of Crichton, Radley & Cordner. Mr Google tells me Cricthons on 850 and Cordners 800 - surely Radleys on 600k minimum, Are they paying the Morris brothers in petrol vouchers?
Not only that but JWH would be on 800k anywhere else, Joey Manu has to be on 500k at least, Tedesco is worth 1mill, Friend surely on over 600k, Keary 700kish. Theyve got blokes like Ryan Hall in the squad who can barely even get a run. Unbelievable that that team us under the cap.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Warrior#214

Warrior#214

Not only that but JWH would be on 800k anywhere else, Joey Manu has to be on 500k at least, Tedesco is worth 1mill, Friend surely on over 600k, Keary 700kish. Theyve got blokes like Ryan Hall in the squad who can barely even get a run. Unbelievable that that team us under the cap.

Warrior#214

Warrior#214

Its crazy right? I read somewhere theyre paying Jayden Nikoroma 350k a year and hes off playing for a another feeder club in Brisbane. Info might be out of date.

sballer7

sballer7

Its crazy right? I read somewhere theyre paying Jayden Nikoroma 350k a year and hes off playing for a another feeder club in Brisbane. Info might be out of date.
Yea pretty sure he got sacked for failed drug tests.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users