Votes: 37 42.0%
  • F---

Votes: 31 35.2%

• Total voters

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Lots of mistakes from the younger guys. Like the broncos, to much inexperience on the field. This would be one of the least experienced and youngest Warriors sides ever.

Add to that the ref shafting us and then lack of possession compounded things through fatigue errors. Downward spiral.

As bad as it was, it was mainly due to the inexperienced guys that wouldn’t be in the team if everyone was fit. I didn’t think the effort was bad all things considered.

DallyM

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2016
just glad we didnt totally clock off like the Broncos, we still fought to the end.... played a more experienced forward pack with way more attack options with speed.... sucks that its now our backs depth that is our problem.... should have tried Turner on the wing... wheres Keighran someone better than Pompey.... oh well back to the reality of being a bottom four team supporter

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
We are gunna have to suck this shit up for the rest of the year because there's no way Kearneys getting the sack with the team being based in Aussie.
Please stop criticizing the refs, just be happy with their shit decisions knowing that they are helping put another nail in Kearneys coaching coffin.
Our halves were horrible but when arent they.
Our centers and wingers played up to their limited ability which is journeyman reserve grade standard.
Our forwards were standard average, but they could run for 200+ meters each and our halves wouldnt be able to do anything wit the ball.
Egan needs to run more.
Really like the look of Jamayne Tounua-Brown
Chanel Harris-Tavita isn't the answer but he cant do any worse than our 2 starting muppets.

Far North Forever

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 5, 2013
Northland
2 out of the 5 Penrith tries came from what they Solely created.

3 came off the result of our errors - those 3 in the first half.

We were pinged all night by the refs - whereas Penrith have got away with some infringements similar to what we got done for.

Obviously as the game went on, when the chips went against us our effort weaned.

We don’t have enough game changein our back line to open the game up where we stuck in our own half.

We struggled for territory in this game - and when it came it was too late.

Our halves as a combination are crap - Green is slow and his kicking game is shit, Niko just can’t inject himself.

Theres no speed in our back line - we have a centre on the wing who struggled under the high ball all night.

The one back who found some space died with the fucken ball.

3 of the 5 first choice back5 are unavailable.

Our forwards are decent. So all this who-haaa about needing more towards due to the injury toll - we need more dynamic outside backs and better halves.

Tonight was a combination of refs, errors at the wrong time and a lack of creativity out of our own half to counter that - when mixed together as it was tonight, it created a shit show.
On the button bro

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
I caught a glimpse of the game before we went out for dinner. When I was just watching it back I skipped through the game after I realised I mistook the 0-6 lead i though I saw to actually be to the Panthers and not the Warriors. I thought it seemed unusual the warriors would be leading in anything...

I think attitude and defence wasn't too bad. It is the fact our attack is shit is the problem. The game now is about momentum, and we couldn't compete because we couldn't create.

That's not an excuse, I'm just saying look at the broncos last night for an example. These new rules heavily favour the team with momentum, which is both possession and ability to turn opportunities into points. The game starts as an arm wrestle and almost immediately a 60/40 position becomes difficult to get back on top of.

So I'm not going to say our team is shit. Although it probably is.
But I'm going to comfortably say our spine sucks.

I wanted to be positive, but Egan has shown nothing. I'd rather have Lawton starting and Chanel Harris-Tavita on the bench.
Green doesn't have a creative bone in his body (forgive me, spirit of 2018 Green, I know I am blasphemous)
Nikorima should be at hooker, or on the bench? Who did I say should be on the bench again? Where's my Woodies? I'm thirsty.

I was actually impressed with Herbert. He fucked up, but looked like he tried to make for it and never gave up.

That's an attitude I can get behind. The Warriors don't have to carve it up every week, but never give up and give it a go.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Is this the ref we have a shocking ref under? I'll blame that even though I don't have much issue with the referring. Need something to make me feel better.

Jokes aside. We have got to a point where most games are a struggle and any points we get are a cause for celebration. Probably explains my apathy after working long hours this week and getting home after 20 minutes had already gone and I wasn't to fussed. Means the loss is a little easier to take.

Usually I'd be rushing back and wanting to know all of the team changes. Wasn't fussed tonight. Think I've finally been worn down.

Should of stayed at work. They probably would of won then.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
I actually felt like the team were putting in the effort, their defence was good in the first half mostly, we just got nothing on attack, no punch, no support runners, no offloads, no moves, no decent strategy.
Must be deflating for them and it must come back to the game plan/process/model. It ain't working or it doesn't exist.

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
One thing also is Kearneys comment when we got all our injuries and he said he didnt want to play youngsters because they hadn't played enough games. That was after 2 games where our best player on field had only played 5 games of league in his life.
Shows Kearney has got a plan and he wont change it

Reactions: Defence and Falcon

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
Pompey, Perham and fukn Green are not current NRL level. Egan needs to move the ball without taking a step because he never runs so the defence just sweats on runners.
Chechin hates us like a plague, his subtle leg up to the otherside kills us time after time, whoever called him a fag needs to appologise I think it was Wade McKinnon.
Haha did he really

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I actually felt like the team were putting in the effort, their defence was good in the first half mostly, we just got nothing on attack, no punch, no support runners, no offloads, no moves, no decent strategy.
Must be deflating for them and it must come back to the game plan/process/model. It ain't working or it doesn't exist.
I often describe games where during the run of play there isn't much between the sides but the same team keeps scoring which leads to the score to start to blow out. The part of the first half I managed to see seemed like that.

Then it seems like we got further and further into a whole. By the end we were pretty much playing without a plan and playing as individuals.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings