General NRL 2020 Round 4 - General Discussion

wizards rage

wizards rage

59-0. Wow!

The new rules are going to open up the score lines and I expect a lot more lopsided results.

Warriors to crack 100 against the Titans 😉

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
This is what i was talking about with early ascendancy being everything. By the time the broncos were even able to get a set going they were already knackered and that was the game. If any team comes up to the warriors and gets that sort of domination early look for a golf score. Its really really important that the warriors fight in the tackle to get up and show the ref that the other team is holding them down or trying to slow the play up. And unfortunately from what i saw last week the ref (ie which one you get) is going to make a massive difference.

Reactions: 1 user
mrblonde

mrblonde

Great to see the Broncos defence really taking that 1m social distancing thing to heart. Penrith, that's the standard you're expected to uphold tonight.

Are the days of the Broncos being regarded as one of the heavyweights coming to an end? There was a time you'd be committed for mental health reasons if you didn't put the Broncos as "highly possible premiership winners". Not so now...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
pbrown01123

pbrown01123

Contributor
storm have just scored a try with three elements that we haven't got;
an effective dummy half run,
a good kick
and, apart from Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, speed

Reactions: 1 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Anyone see the promo for the Eels/Manly game in last night's buildup? I nearly threw up.

WA supporter

WA supporter

Contributor
Anyone see the promo for the Eels/Manly game in last night's buildup? I nearly threw up.
I preferred better than Barnsie’s remake. For all that’s worth?! Reminds me of the old Tooheys ad!

Last edited:
snake77

snake77

Score gets to 18-12 in the Eels vs Manly game. Commentator mentions a stat that the only team to score 18 points against the Eels at Bankwest is the Warriors.

Nice stat to have. But they have only just moved to that ground and during that time we can barely score a point. Makes it hard to believe and also what a rare occasion that must have been.

Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Refs and touchies need a lesson on forward inertia/momentum. Another team robbed by an incorrect forward pass call at Bankwest

drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Geez sharks have been lucky to get away with some absurdly long tackles. Also seems to be a lot of working players heads which seems grubby.

Reactions: 3 users
PullinTeeth

PullinTeeth

We really need Taumololo, Hess and Morgan to play next week so we can have the excuse of losing to nil against a half decent team.

• Haha
Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
The ref on that Cowboys lost ball call.... Fark