General NRL 2020 Round 3 - General Discussion

Enjoyed the first two games. Have never really gotten into a Souths v Sydney game thanks to commentators gobbing over how its the bestest most awesomest rivalry of all time every second hit up. Its like "That was an Origin play" on steroids. Under the circumstances we're with I appreciate the virtual crowd. It feels a bit like you're watching a simulated game on Playstation.

I like what the rule change has done for the pace of the game. Can also appreciate (for now) that it happens so quickly us cynics can't analyse the ref's call to distract ourselves from how shit the team we support will be.

Side note, does Auzzie have a gambling problem? There was a concerning amount of ads telling me just how awesome the deals were before meekly and dutifuly reminding me to gamble responsibly

Reactions: 3 users

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Side note, does Auzzie have a gambling problem? There was a concerning amount of ads telling me just how awesome the deals were before meekly and dutifuly reminding me to gamble responsibly

In a word- Yes
It shocked me when I first moved here just how much airtime it gets, think it’s crept in in NZ too but part of the build up crossing to live betting odds was shocking.

I like what the rule change has done for the pace of the game. Can also appreciate (for now) that it happens so quickly us cynics can't analyse the ref's call to distract ourselves from how shit the team we support will be.
It all happens quick and it can be hard to pick up what the call was for or if it was justified. I think getting a good start and getting calls your way over the first half is crucial as extra tackles having to be made in a fast game compounds fatigue.

We have seen the end of cynical defensive penalties on the line. Hopefully we see the better teams win if they are fit enough but as Raw Power Raw Power says, if there is bias against you then the ref now has the ultimate power to unquestionably control results.

I can see a bigger spreads in scores, the good teams will win by more rather than being managed into a close result.

It’s like a new game with the speeds it’s being played. The fittest teams will win and the bigger players that are not mobile have just seen their value plummet.

Reactions: 2 users
It all happens quick and it can be hard to pick up what the call was for or if it was justified. I think getting a good start and getting calls your way over the first half is crucial as extra tackles having to be made in a fast game compounds fatigue.

We have seen the end of cynical defensive penalties on the line. Hopefully we see the better teams win if they are fit enough but as Raw Power Raw Power says, if there is bias against you then the ref now has the ultimate power to unquestionably control results.

I can see a bigger spreads in scores, the good teams will win by more rather than being managed into a close result.

It’s like a new game with the speeds it’s being played. The fittest teams will win and the bigger players that are not mobile have just seen their value plummet.
Just hope we get a fair suck of the sav. I can see us facing six again all night even though we won't be holding down any longer than anybody else has so far.

Rudolph is pretty hearty.
Puts everything into it.
Got a pack leader in the making coming our way.

The green seats at AMI Park make it look like a Canberra home game.

The empty grounds I like the new Sydney ground with the grey seats.

Didn't know you could pay to get a face in the crowd. Saw someone had a UK guy who had breached social distancing a few times. I'd pay to get our health minister on there if the commentators would put him out a few times. Hope he stays in his seat and doesn't go bike riding.

I'd be lying if it didn't tickle me a little before the sharkies game to hear that their fans are questioning how much Shaun Johnson is paid and the value he adds for it.

Same discussions happened when he was here. Awesome player but awesome enough for the $$$$?

Reactions: 7 users

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
The green seats at AMI Park make it look like a Canberra home game.

The empty grounds I like the new Sydney ground with the grey seats.

Didn't know you could pay to get a face in the crowd. Saw someone had a UK guy who had breached social distancing a few times. I'd pay to get our health minister on there if the commentators would put him out a few times. Hope he stays in his seat and doesn't go bike riding.
About $22au a pop @

Enjoyed the first two games. Have never really gotten into a Souths v Sydney game thanks to commentators gobbing over how its the bestest most awesomest rivalry of all time every second hit up. Its like "That was an Origin play" on steroids.

The build up annoyed me yesterday about it being "rugby leagues oldest rivalry".

It might be in Australia, but we have 13 years on you.

Reactions: 1 user

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
what an error strewn load of crap storm v raiders is.......compared to the Warriors that is
Annoyed me yesterday them promoting this game as Saturday’s “main event”, the way the NRL places higher importance on certain teams is just wrong

• Wow

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
Perhaps the Warriors aren’t so bad - Canberra beat us by 14 but did the Storm by 16!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

pbrown01123

Contributor
Annoyed me yesterday them promoting this game as Saturday’s “main event”, the way the NRL places higher importance on certain teams is just wrong
If I remember correctly, the caller actually described the Warriors game as 'warming up' for the storm/raiders game.

If I remember correctly, the caller actually described the Warriors game as 'warming up' for the storm/raiders game.
To be fair of the 2 games which would you have picked being the error filled vs a team with almost no errors?

I'm a die hard supporter but I'd have put my money on us topping the error count.

Never been so pleased to be so wrong.

Reactions: 4 users