Votes: 27 30.3%
  • D

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • E

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I have a feeling we could of had more of a chance of winning the last 2 games if we had Paul Turner come off the bench in the last 15 minutes or so, his acceleration and step is deadly.

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Stalefish540

Contributor
I would be dissapointed if Payten decided to play the Parra boys over the other boys in the squad next few weeks. Appreciate the service, but think they can head back to Parra now.

• Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Gutted(I JUST WANTED TO BEAT SO SCUM SHARKIES!!) really thought we had a chance to put the game away penalty close to goal ...we blew ...maybe the kick at goal for another 2 might have been a smarter option ...
I agree Nikorima wasn't on form next to zero running the ball + Jennings lost his mojo from prevs WAR runs ... thought we would have the fitness over those FAT sharkies forwards to open a few gaps in the last 15min but it seemed the other way around the brutal contacts seems to have caught up with the team ... No way the sharks like the eels will go far in the play-offs ..very proud of our team .. such Heart ... they take that wth a full strength rooster 2021 and we will make the 8 easy

Reactions: 2 users
Looked flat,Sharks style proved a bit suffocating for us,yet it wasn't threatening.

Tohu Harris and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck were pure class again.
Murchie was a threat all night.
Burr was great off the bench.
Ice was solid and played 80? Would like to see his stats.
Hiku was a class act,strong on D till he got Talakai'd.
Lawton is looking drained, had no real spark at all tonight.
Great defensively though.

Gutsy effort,dropped a few years of joy.

Jamayne Tounua-Brown needs to use his size, he’s a unit but gets bullied to often and only ran for 44 metres this game
I don’t really understand the hype around Jamayne Tounua-Brown. He’s going good sure, for his debut season & he’s young. But his stats are actually pretty shit. Rarely makes it over 100m, averages about 20 tackles etc. he’s doing well & has done exceptional given the season, but he isn’t this outstanding prop everyone raves on about. He’ll be bench at best next year.

Reactions: 11 users
Didn't actually get to watch the game but will in the next few days. Will reserve judgement till then. Interesting reading the comments, gutted for everyone atm and hope there's some fight left in the team for the last 2 games - not for payten's sake but for those players who've busted their guts during this time

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t really understand the hype around Jamayne Tounua-Brown. He’s going good sure, for his debut season & he’s young. But his stats are actually pretty shit. Rarely makes it over 100m, averages about 20 tackles etc. he’s doing well & has done exceptional given the season, but he isn’t this outstanding prop everyone raves on about. He’ll be bench at best next year.
Definitely understand this take.

It’s more because he’s young, in his first season of first grade and has played every game thus far (im sure?)

Definitely has some things to work on and it’s the potential most are high on.

Disappointing result, thought we might have just held them out and got the win.

Felt we weren't aggressive enough at the start and let them (and the ref) bully us. Haven't seen the stats but it seemed every time the sharks were coming out of their end they got a leg up penalty or 6 again. They had all the momentum in the last 10. Can't see them progressing much further though and will have a smile when they get knocked out early.

Can't complain about the effort once again and to me that's the biggest change from other years. This time of the season the wheels have usually fallen off and we're getting spanked by 30-40 points. These guys are fighting all the way to final whistle.

TP made a few baffling calls, Egan should start and lets see if he's an 80 min hooker, Lawton looks done doesn't have the same game awareness. I think Egan makes a huge difference when he's on the paddock.
Couln't understand why we took the 2 then next time and from a slightly better position we go for the points.

Two nice pieces of footie warmed the heart, Kodi's short ball to Jack (had to look twice to see it) and the Hiku backflip.

Considering where we've come from and the circumstances surrounding this team I'm really looking forward to every game and more importantly next year. Good to be supporter.

Reactions: 9 users
Definitely understand this take.

It’s more because he’s young, in his first season of first grade and has played every game thus far (im sure?)

Definitely has some things to work on and it’s the potential most are high on.
His first stint he ran decoy majority of the time.
Carried on his 2nd a few.

Was making 100m in the beginning of the season, had alot more minutes too.

Done alright for a rookie though,especially when Paasi,King and Ah Mau went home.
He stepped up,just not one of his better games last night.

Thought the Sharks did a good job of making it a scrappy affair which suited them and our discipline let us down, which made a difference when our players were all falling down at the end.

No complaints about effort and attitude though another good game in that regard. I think we are in a good spot coming forward when you look at the players we have blooded this year and the ones missing and signed for next year.

Already looking forward to 2021!

Reactions: 4 users

Stalefish540

Contributor
I don't have a horse in this race, neither here nor there on him but a little bit of perspective is needed. Rookie props in their first year of FG don't generally play 18/18 gamss and start 15 of those. Due to injuries the poor kid hasn't even been able to have his minutes managed. He's done extremely well not to fall off a cliff completely, so kudos to the young man for continuing to front up.

Next year it's entirely possible we see Harris in the middle, which takes up another available spot so he might not even be in the 17.

1. Rog
2. Fusitua
3. Hiku
4. Aitken
5. Ken
6. Niko
7. Chanel Harris-Tavita
8. Ah Mau
9. Egan
10. Paasi
11. Murchie
12. Katoa
13. Harris

14. Lawton
15. Evans
16. Murdoch
17. Jazz

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Massive for me in this game was watching the Sharks wingers, Speed and very dynamic, quite often they provided great starts.. huge advantage over the plodders we have in comparison. Fustiua is a good player and Maulamo an excellent player but I would change what we perceive as wingers. Id personally move Fusitua on for squad balance. Love to see more speed in our squad on the wings. Fast twitch speed if that's the right term (got to be careful when typing on here as an expert will correct me with some medical science BS lol).

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
There was definitely a few plays where the Sharks weren't up to much in the middle, or got an offload, then were able to spread it out wide where the backs used pace to pick up a good chunk of meters and put us on the back foot. No need for fancy flick passes that go straight over the sideline half the time. If Niko would run that's about the only way we have to generate something similar. Niko showed he is no replacement for Shaun Johnson.

Our early discipline cost us, you could see it coming last week. Way too keen for dumb offloads early in the tackle count with low upside. I know breaking away from the process has given us more success, but the boys need some training on risk vs reward. Ref didn't do us any favours, but it wasn't the treatment we've gotten a couple other weeks. Did it to ourselves mostly.

They played 80, yet again. Awesome to see. And you could tell they were smashed not that far into the last 40. If we held the ball a bit more in the first 20 minutes of the game I think we would have made it home even if we didn't score.

Would love to see a full strength squad playing with this heart. Nice to see so many youngsters getting experienced for next year. I reckon we need to squeeze turner and Ale in for these last 2 games, nothing to lose. Let Roger Tuivasa-Sheck go home.

Reactions: 6 users
Hopefully he improves, but at this stage I wouldn’t have him in the team for next year. Think we all liked him cos he was the first prop we had in a few years that wasn’t 180cm😂

I thought that was a bit of wanker move by him. Maybe its just Warriors fan in me.

The way they were talking on League Wrap, he was acknowledging the Sharks players who was watching from the stands having finished his latest chemo course for brain cancer. They're mates, apparantly.

Reactions: 4 users
Well we were in that game up until the end. I'd prefer that compared to the hidings we were receiving at the start of the year. We have definitley approved when you look at the results against the top sides earlier in the year compared to now. Late in the season we have been in the contest. Sharks weren't at full strength but its still good to see our improvement.

Their first try where Johnson saw Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was up in the line is a good indication where we need to get to. A half who looks up sees the weakness and exploits it and has outsides who see whats going on and runs with the same play. Chanel Harris-Tavita kicked before the last early in the game and got us a restart so there is some hope there.

A pity we couldn't get that one last try when we were up 14-12.

Their second to last try was the killer. Off the back of a penalty, scored by a guy we were close to getting for next year, then the time remaining in the game meant the win was unlikely and we needed to chase the game.

Reactions: 5 users