Team List NRL 2020 Round 17 - Warriors vs Eels TEAM LIST

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I don't think it matters which team we field- it is going to be a patchwork on some level anyway. On paper we've been inferior all year yet we keep turning up and winning. Nothing changes this week. Load up on that parra edge with Ferguson, suffocating kicking game like last week to tire their bigger middles and praying Beale does not cock up, we might just surprise again. If we win this, we could be 2 points from Cronulla giving us a chance to make that difference up the following week.

I would like to believe, i want to believe, damit all I BELIEVE.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Paul Turner wasn't an option for the wing ahead of Beale for some more FG experience? I don't know, just asking, I guess playing a young player in a tonne of different positions early in their career can sometimes bite ya on the as$ as well. Just thought he would easily offer more than Beale offensively andbe more of a weapon out side Hiku.
Does Beale offer more defensively for what is a big game, possibly defining whether or not the warriors have any chance going forward? i personally think its to late to over come the years start and that they will not make the 8 but if there is even the sniff of a shot at it, they have to put the best people on the park over fielding youth for experience

RobRoyMcCoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2012
I am happy with this team. It is probably the best we can scrape off the bottom of this often-scraped barrel.

As I say every week, "On paper, they should hammer us..." but every week we show a unity and professionalism that few team are able to match. I am not expecting us to win but I am now at least expecting a good performance.

Dylan Brown is a massive out for them. Katoa and the Eels loanees "on paper" should be similar for us but somehow we seem to be the embodiment of "next man up, do the job...".

If we do win this weekend it will be a belter against the Sharks the following weekend. When is Mad Jack coming back?

gubbbs

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2016
We can only name 20 players and are only 6 point under dogs against number 3 on the ladder. I think that sums how how awesome the boys have been these past few weeks. If we had Katoa I'd almost call us an even chance given the hiding the eels took last week and the one we dished out. As it is, it''ll take something special to get a result, but I've felt that way basically every week.

This is one time I'll totally forgive them if they get pumped though.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
This is probably going to be quite the opposite to last week.

Grindcore.

If I'm TP i'm saying "Get a penalty in kickable range, unless they look really breakable next set, I don't care, just bloody get the two points. The points aren't going to come often against those guys."

Happy enough with the team. I guess to be pandantic about it, the fact we can't name 21 players doesn't mean we can't name a fit team to play so we can't ask for much more than we're already getting. It's just our tactical options are limited. Of course, if a couple more players fall over, that will affect our ability to name a 17.

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
Todd Payten said last week they had been working on Murchie's defensive movements which has seemingly worked well.
So can we expect the same improvement from Curran on Sunday or not??? I hope so but who knows...

Reactions: Off The Bench

Paulo24

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 3, 2014
Paul Turner wasn't an option for the wing ahead of Beale for some more FG experience? I don't know, just asking, I guess playing a young player in a tonne of different positions early in their career can sometimes bite ya on the as$ as well. Just thought he would easily offer more than Beale offensively andbe more of a weapon out side Hiku.
Turners defence looked atleast equal to Beale even though one game is a small sample size. You would think Turner would do ok being a former fullback and all. His speed and deceptive running would be the bonus.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Wanted to see Ale badly
How he is not in this team ahead of Curran is beyond me. Curran deadset does not look like a professional athlete at all. Shows pretty weak discipline from Curran to put on all that weight when he has the perfect opportunity to get regular game time. I'd be looking to offload Curran before Bunty.

At the very least Ale can cover centre. He played there a number of times in Jersey Flegg. (https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2018/05/15/isp-and-jersey-flegg-teams-named-for-11th-round)

Then you push out Hayze to wing. Beale is guaranteed to be a non-factor, he's way past it.

Reactions: Dave Brough

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
How he is not in this team ahead of Curran is beyond me. Curran deadset does not look like a professional athlete at all. Shows pretty weak discipline from Curran to put on all that weight when he has the perfect opportunity to get regular game time. I'd be looking to offload Curran before Bunty.

At the very least Ale can cover centre. He played there a number of times in Jersey Flegg. (https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2018/05/15/isp-and-jersey-flegg-teams-named-for-11th-round)

Then you push out Hayze to wing. Beale is guaranteed to be a non-factor, he's way past it.
Is ale a back? I thought he was front row?

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Definitely a Prop.
He's a second rower.

His speed for his size allows him to defend in the centres if needed, as he's shown he's capable of doing if you've watched him.

Rather that than throwing Beale out there to do fuck all.

Is ale a back? I thought he was front row?
He's probably the most versatile player in the squad behind Tohu, I've seen him named anywhere from second row, lock, prop and centre.

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Does Beale offer more defensively for what is a big game, possibly defining whether or not the warriors have any chance going forward? i personally think its to late to over come the years start and that they will not make the 8 but if there is even the sniff of a shot at it, they have to put the best people on the park over fielding youth for experience

I don't think Beale offers much at all personally and would have taken a flyer on the young kid staying with us, not the guy leaving who is considered by both many here and the club as not up to it. But that is just me and it's not a huge deal, certainly am not going to criticize Payten for it given how he's done with the hand he's been given. We shall see come game day.

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Turners defence looked atleast equal to Beale even though one game is a small sample size. You would think Turner would do ok being a former fullback and all. His speed and deceptive running would be the bonus.

Yup agreed bro, seems most don't agree with us haha but that was my thinking too. Let's see if Beale can finish off any chances Hiku creates huh 😉

Last Game

28 May

28 - 29
5.6 Total Avg Rating
5.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 15 ratings