Votes: 104 71.2%
  • A

Votes: 31 21.2%
  • A-

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • B+

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
And Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was voted Player of the Round last night on NRL360. What the hell's going on folks? :oops:
Even Jamie Soward is getting on board the Tamworth Warriors train:

1598926804546.png

Revised Best and Worst Possible Ladder Position:

View attachment 43223
Officially better than last season. 13th last year, can’t finish below 11th now in 2020.

Credit to Payton and the team. Coming back from lockdown, there was a lot of negativity and talk of the spoon. Whatever happens now we can look forward to next year with something to build on.

I stand by my hate.
His errant/cocky play of the ball error (which was luckily over turned) and over involvement in niggle point out his poor decision making and temperament.

I don't actually hate the guy. But happy enough to be labeled as a Jazz hater.
Hate is a strong word.

I dislike how he played up until this year. He over extended himself, Lacked impact, error prone, etc.

But he always had the passion and desire. This year he seems to have really matured and is not overextending. But more importantly, the forward pack around him are stepping up.

I also think he got too passionate last game. He was more worried about where the opposition was after he scored the last try rather than his team mates. That’s the passion that results in misplaying the ball or knocking it on. Controlled aggression...

Jazz in a dud pack is mud and I dislike; Jazz in a dominant pack is an asset. He is as good as his team allows, which is handy to have but not a player I would build a team around. More a piece of the puzzle.

I stand by my hate.
His errant/cocky play of the ball error (which was luckily over turned) and over involvement in niggle point out his poor decision making and temperament.

I don't actually hate the guy. But happy enough to be labeled as a Jazz hater.

So you hate someone you haven't met and only because of his style of play, wake up chap, it's a game.

Incidentally this errant, error ridden player made NRL team of the week. They are disruptive type players, but handled right they disrupt the opposition.

wrighty

So you hate someone you haven't met and only because of his style of play, wake up chap, it's a game.

Incidentally this errant, error ridden player made NRL team of the week. They are disruptive type players, but handled right they disrupt the opposition.
I said I don't actually "hate" him. I am not obsessing on the fellow. He seems like an ok person.
On the other hand I also said am comfortable with being labelled a hater. Because it is a millennial term. "Don't be a hater" etc. So yeah it is a just a modern day saying. Perhaps Gizzy you are the same generation as me? I grew up in the 70s and 80s.

As for making team of the week. There doesn't seem to be a high bar to make the NRL team of the week since Adam Pompey also made it and he only has 9 NRL appearances and as such is an inexperienced player.

I give Jazz zero credit for making NRL team of the week as I think it is a fluffy thing.

I also give him zero credit for being Dally M interchange player of the year. As I think that was a poor choice.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Rizzah and diehard
Officially better than last season. 13th last year, can’t finish below 11th now in 2020.

Credit to Payton and the team. Coming back from lockdown, there was a lot of negativity and talk of the spoon. Whatever happens now we can look forward to next year with something to build on.

Yes we can, we can be coming 12th if we lose this round,

Going back a few years I liked to call Jazz a park footballer, this is when he was transitioning to the Nrl team. I remember someone in his family came on here and paid out on me for it 🤣

Truth be told I couldn’t see the value in bringing such a small forward into grade footy when blokes like Sam Burgess and Taumalolo were the benchmark in the Locking position.

The games obviously moved on and we’re now seeing the attributes smaller forwards bring to the team, though plenty of fans are still troubled by Jazz because he doesn’t fit the old school ideal of a huge Warriors middle forward running off the back fence.

The idea that a good pack is measured by height and weight is outdated, if it was ever true to begin with.

I came around a while ago to Jazz, he had a great game on the weekend and he brings a lot more to the team than he’s given credit for - just don’t tell his family I said so 😁

I said I don't actually "hate" him. I am not obsessing on the fellow. He seems like an ok person.
On the other hand I also said am comfortable with being labelled a hater. Because it is a millennial term. "Don't be a hater" etc. So yeah it is a just a modern day saying. Perhaps Gizzy you are the same generation as me? I grew up in the 70s and 80s.

As for making team of the week. There doesn't seem to be a high bar to make the NRL team of the week since Adam Pompey also made it and he only has 9 NRL appearances and as such is an inexperienced player.

I give Jazz zero credit for making NRL team of the week as I think it is a fluffy thing.

I also give him zero credit for being Dally M interchange player of the year. As I think that was a poor choice.

Fair enough but I do think you are not taking into account improvement and adaption which comes with experience. Each to their own, all good. I am a little sensitive about the word hate taking into account the world we live in.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Going back a few years I liked to call Jazz a park footballer, this is when he was transitioning to the Nrl team. I remember someone in his family came on here and paid out on me for it 🤣

Truth be told I couldn’t see the value in bringing such a small forward into grade footy when blokes like Sam Burgess and Taumalolo were the benchmark in the Locking position.

The games obviously moved on and we’re now seeing the attributes smaller forwards bring to the team, though plenty of fans are still troubled by Jazz because he doesn’t fit the old school ideal of a huge Warriors middle forward running off the back fence.

The idea that a good pack is measured by height and weight is outdated, if it was ever true to begin with.

I came around a while ago to Jazz, he had a great game on the weekend and he brings a lot more to the team than he’s given credit for - just don’t tell his family I said so 😁
i stated after the resumption of the comp that he answers a question that is no longer being asked.

I think he and the team looked at what he has to offer and found a new question for him to answer, because he is ticking that niggle and drive box beautifully. He also seems really hard to get on the ground so while they arent particularly fast play of the balls, there is generally one or two players out of position after he has been tackled.