Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can already feel this post coming back to bite me, but do you guys really think that Bulldogs team looks good on paper? That backline is a bit of a mess and their pack is full of never been and past it players. Hopoate is good but it's first game back, and he's pushing Meaney onto the wing. Holland and Lafai are both awful. Foran isn't the player he once was. RFM and Averillo are the only players I'd take without much hesitation. Thompson is alright put hasn't pulled up trees as he was hyped to.

To my mind, the Bulldogs are one of few teams who are putting out a worse 17 than us, even with all our injury problems. They try their hearts out but it doesn't make up for the lack of ability. There's a reason they are where they are on the table. We should be winning this comfortably.

wrighty

Papa in the second row is a shit call, he's shown time again he shouldn't play there. Especially if he is leaving next year. Would rather see the Murch get a run on.

These types of decisions are we lucked out with getting Brown instead of Payten. Different coaches have different strengths, Todd is good at coaching and man management but poor at discerning which players are weak links.

Brown should be better at naming a good game day 17. From what I have heard,

Reactions: Off The Bench

Billy Teets James

Teams looking like the Crazy Horse gang. Patched up lol.

Oh well, What a year it's been. With all the adversity we've faced.

If this team of crazy horses can ....survive the sacking of the coach, a rising injury crisis , our main sponsors getting kicked to the curb , Players going home , senior halfback running away, racist warrior fans making the club look like shit , living out of suitcases , being away from their families for months, some clowns impersonating our players & a bullshit bubble breach investigation,
only able to train 2 times a week , shit officating , Blocker Roache, rumors our captain & star player might leave and head to rugby.

And get a few more wins before seasons end. Actually, If they even finish the season! I am fucking proud of this club!

And every single player who is still with us making this huge sacrifice for the entire comp to continue.
Yes , Every single one of them. Even the ones that get bagged every week. They're still here doing what they can.

Lessgoo boys! #NZCrazyHorseWarriorsForTheWin

I can already feel this post coming back to bite me, but do you guys really think that Bulldogs team looks good on paper? That backline is a bit of a mess and their pack is full of never been and past it players. Hopoate is good but it's first game back, and he's pushing Meaney onto the wing. Holland and Lafai are both awful. Foran isn't the player he once was. RFM and Averillo are the only players I'd take without much hesitation. Thompson is alright put hasn't pulled up trees as he was hyped to.

To my mind, the Bulldogs are one of few teams who are putting out a worse 17 than us, even with all our injury problems. They try their hearts out but it doesn't make up for the lack of ability. There's a reason they are where they are on the table. We should be winning this comfortably.
I agree we should but don't tell us you can't see us stuffing this up either. Yes we are playing much better at the moment but the dog need one win to get off the spoon so this should be a entertaining game, hope the weather is good.

He seemed like a good luck charm. Maybe put a photo of him in the coaches box.

Silly of him though with all of the publicity on Covid and the NRL's bio security measures to get the competition going again. League players aren't known for being smart.

Reactions: Off The Bench
These types of decisions are we lucked out with getting Brown instead of Payten. Different coaches have different strengths, Todd is good at coaching and man management but poor at discerning which players are weak links.

Brown should be better at naming a good game day 17. From what I have heard,
Really, how do you come to these conclusions "but poor at discerning which players are weak links"...

I'd say there has been a remarkable uptick in performance and attitude since SK got the sack...every player has "weak links", minimising them is the coaches job, Todd seems to be doing this well.

wrighty

Really, how do you come to these conclusions "but poor at discerning which players are weak links"...

I'd say there has been a remarkable uptick in performance and attitude since SK got the sack...every player has "weak links", minimising them is the coaches job, Todd seems to be doing this well.
He picked Isaiah to start this week after being out of form in his last few outings. Secondly he persists with Jazz. This equals poor discernment.
But yes I respect your counter argument. Perhaps he has recognised they are bad and is working on counter and corrective personalised skills development for those players in training. If he is though it hasn't paid off for those two as of yet.

Remember coach has got very few players to pick. So many injured and some back in Nz like ATG.
You and your logic have no place around here.

The injury to Herbert and the training accident affecting the other guys sums up our 2020. After everything the team has been through we were starting to play alright. Some stability would of helped. We are just about to play a side who although have been competing alright they haven't been getting results. When we should be favoured for a change another hurdle.

Hope we see Paul Turner this week :)
Late mail: Warriors halfback Chanel Harris-Tavita is unlikely to play after a head clash at training during the week. He clashed with back-up half Adam Keighran, who came off second best, so he won’t be an option for interim coach Todd Payten... who described the incident as “carnage”. Young gun Paul Turner has been named in the extended squad and is the likely option to come in and make his NRL debut, with Payten saying the 20-year-old could handle the step up. “I wouldn’t be averse to throwing him in there. I think he’s bided his time... If he gets a shot, if we lean that way, then I’m sure he can do the job.” Otherwise, Hayze Perham could shift into the halves with Gerard Beale coming into the centres, but Payten told media that he’ll go with “the way that will provide less disruption in terms of moving positions around.”

Status
Not open for further replies.