Team List NRL 2020 Round 14 - Warriors vs Panthers TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

AusWarriorsFan

Say what you like, this guy seems to speak his mind and does not mind the perception. More of the same please...
Yep, exactly what we needed training us, would have been interesting long term. But short term we need to beat the Panthers to have any outside hope.

Going to miss Jack for 4 weeks. He had stacked up points already I thought. Given his supposed tendency to throw an arm out, no surprises.

I believe the ref in the Titans game made 2 crucial errors and altered the match points by a 12 point turn around. Only 6 of them would have had the game won. Then the Roosters, we really had them, but like last year let them off the hook. Had we snaffled them we would be well inside the top 8 equation, run home.

Since then we have managed to do what we have struggled to for 9 years, get players in motion in the red zone and convert RZ possesion into points. Bellamys/Bennetts/SKs completion process only works if you have the set plays and talent to get over the line when holding the onto the pill gets you down there after opposition mistakes. We have not had a problem getting to the RZ since 2017. I feel Kodi may have turned a corner in knowing his role at 5/8th.16 of Manlys points were scored when we were down to 12 men for 20 mins of the game.

Given all that, I believe there is no reason we should not be able to win on the weekend, we have chosen a solid team and we have key players like Kodi and Lawton selected and improving our key offensive stats.

Im happy Chanel Harris-Tavita has now been given the ropes, as he will learn fast on the job and Im sure he has soaked up a lot from Green and clearly Stacey.

So on a positive note, knowing the above, the focus is hopefully on doing the same as the last 2 weeks in offense in the RZ and not giving away pro fouls. Cant afford to play with 12 men for 20 mins vs Penrith.

Very interesting bunch of "Ins" for the Warriors reserves this week.

Unless Karl is hurt, I feel Wade Egan is a waste of room on the sideline. Id like to see him back to Reserve Grade and have Stacey work on his game and stop the marker niggle. Karl runs 110% out of dummy half or he clears it ASAP which is mission critical, clearing ball speed after a fast play the ball, either catching markers offside, running into space, or getting that ball to the half ASAP. Last week one of key areas we dominated was the wrestle clearing ball at 3.38s. If we can repeat that and Karl just keeps getting better, I think we are in with a chance getting through Penrith defense. Also 85% completions in a monsoon.I will be happy with that this week in the dry.

Id like to see Kodi (and Chanel Harris-Tavita) engage the line more but do it for the LB or Try assist purpose more than running into tackles, he seems to be getting better but not quite there yet (maybe Todd had some one on one time with him), much like how the Sharks are dominating most of the offensive stats that matter now due to somebody else getting a rev up the backside, but by the media not the coach.

Interesting with how Herbert came out of nowhere (in comparison to CNK who we let go) and he whilst clearly he is an awesome centre, he is also proving able to do the job on the wing. Jennings a great loan as has been Pompey, Jennings would be great to snaffle but he pretty tied up? And we are also supposedly looking for a centre.

All in all, I think a great line up and I think we may just perform well against VERY heavy odds. :)

Reactions: 2 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

Yep, exactly what we needed training us, would have been interesting long term. But short term we need to beat the Panthers to have any outside hope.

Going to miss Jack for 4 weeks. He had stacked up points already I thought. Given his supposed tendency to throw an arm out, no surprises.

I believe the ref in the Titans game made 2 crucial errors and altered the match points by a 12 point turn around. Only 6 of them would have had the game won. Then the Roosters, we really had them, but like last year let them off the hook. Had we snaffled them we would be well inside the top 8 equation, run home.

Since then we have managed to do what we have struggled to for 9 years, get players in motion in the red zone and convert RZ possesion into points. Bellamys/Bennetts/SKs completion process only works if you have the set plays and talent to get over the line when holding the onto the pill gets you down there after opposition mistakes. We have not had a problem getting to the RZ since 2017. I feel Kodi may have turned a corner in knowing his role at 5/8th.16 of Manlys points were scored when we were down to 12 men for 20 mins of the game.

Given all that, I believe there is no reason we should not be able to win on the weekend, we have chosen a solid team and we have key players like Kodi and Lawton selected and improving our key offensive stats.

Im happy Chanel Harris-Tavita has now been given the ropes, as he will learn fast on the job and Im sure he has soaked up a lot from Green and clearly Stacey.

So on a positive note, knowing the above, the focus is hopefully on doing the same as the last 2 weeks in offense in the RZ and not giving away pro fouls. Cant afford to play with 12 men for 20 mins vs Penrith.

Unless Karl is hurt, I feel Wade Egan is a waste of room on the sideline. Id like to see him back to Reserve Grade and have Stacey work on his game and stop the marker niggle. Karl runs 110% out of dummy half or he clears it ASAP which is mission critical, clearing ball speed after a fast play the ball, either catching markers offside, running into space, or getting that ball to the half ASAP. Last week one of key areas we dominated was the wrestle clearing ball at 3.38s. If we can repeat that and Karl just keeps getting better, I think we are in with a chance getting through Penrith defense. Also 85% completions in a monsoon.I will be happy with that this week in the dry.

Id like to see Kodi (and Chanel Harris-Tavita) engage the line more but do it for the LB or Try assist purpose more than running into tackles, he seems to be getting better but not quite there yet (maybe Todd had some one on one time with him), much like how the Sharks are dominating most of the offensive stats that matter now due to somebody else getting a rev up the backside, but by the media not the coach.

Interesting with how Herbert came out of nowhere (in comparison to CNK who we let go) and he whilst clearly he is an awesome centre, he is also proving able to do the job on the wing. Jennings a great loan as has been Pompey, Jennings would be great to snaffle but he pretty tied up? And we are also supposedly looking for a centre.

All in all, I think a great line up and I think we may just perform well against VERY heavy odds. :)

I hope the warriors have a 3rd and 4th gear this week, also hope they have some tricks up their sleeves but just can't see it? We are not going to muscle our way to a victory over the panthers alone! Yes send all your forwards running hard at the halves and test their mettle but also bring subtle changes to the way we attack with support runs and more offloads and second faze play. We need to throw the footy a lot more this week?

Reactions: 1 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Say what you like, this guy seems to speak his mind and does not mind the perception. More of the same please...

I feel it's all part of his mind games to try and lull the panthers into complancency. He's moved on from team naming shennannigans.

gubbbs

Have watched the last couple Panthers games and they are operating at another level entirely from us. A win here would be a heroic ask. If you think we have any shot it's paying 6.50+ for a warriors win. I just want to see the boys keep their heads up and go hard for the full 80 regardless of result. Bulldogs the week after let's get 2 points.

Reactions: 5 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

In Freddy we Trust
Contributor

A great line up? Really? We look like a rubbish team on paper and with all the recent distractions, new signings, Jack going home, I reckon we’ll get pummelled tomorrow

AusWarriorsFan

We need to throw the footy a lot more this week?
I agree fully. SK wasnt a waste, he has left the club culture with the basics of a fantastic completion rate, getting to the red zone often, no producing massive amounts of unforced eras like the club all the way from the start until his arrival. BUT...

We need to produce points from the ability to play the, hold onto the ball more and wait for the other team to produce unforced eras.

The problem is the modern game has far more potent attack where other teams are scoring lots of tries from outside the redzone, we are struggling to score with massive amounts of repeat sets.

So we need guys backing up player like Tohu Harris who is a prolific quality offloader, and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck needs to be sniffing around him all game, so we can produce our own broken field play from outside the 40 and rely on our quality ball handling and let that ball fly.

I say die with the ball on the last more times than kick it when in reach or the defense/FB is out of position, or kicks on the run etc. A more exciting brand of footy. A combo of Cleary and Kearney if you will lol.

Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

Doesn't look great weather tomorrow night. Bit of rain coming.

AusWarriorsFan

Doesn't look great weather tomorrow night. Bit of rain coming.
yeah thats not going to help throwing it around one would think, but 85% in a total monsoon last week, if anything it will test the Panthers one would think. If they are going to slide its about now pretenders tend to move down the pack. I wouldnt mind the Panthers winning. Or the Roosters getting 3 in a row. Cant be a hater :)

Sharks thanks to Johnson are the obvious form Attacking team, but I think the roosters are set to make a charge, being 2nd FnA, Panthers are 3rd. But all 3 teams are miles ahead in that regard.

BUT any team that can produce points can win. And thats what we need tomorrow, let that ball zing.

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Very tough ask this week, but as long as they put in for 80 minutes I'm happy.

BeastMode

BeastMode

In Freddy we Trust
Contributor
Very tough ask this week, but as long as they put in for 80 minutes I'm happy.

That’s always the cliche though isn’t it

if we lose by + 20 that will always be interpreted as not putting in the effort

never seen a game where people were satisfied by losing unless it was <12

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

That’s always the cliche though isn’t it

if we lose by + 20 that will always be interpreted as not putting in the effort

never seen a game where people were satisfied by losing unless it was <12

A couple of late tries will blow a score out, it is usually evident when effort is there. Also when players are struggling with injury, which I believe Egan is as an example.

Swanley

Swanley

We'll lose this barring some miracle...just show some effort boys, nothing silly and no stupid mistakes, then i'll be happy...

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.